Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 180

Thread: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

  1. #151
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,397

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Redbull/Fiat Yamaha takes Bobby Brown.

    Does Mariah Carey come with that?

    Newman is done.

    Scott - you're up.

    And Bobby was the last guy on my list. Dammit.

    Las Vegas picks

    Antoine Wright from the Dallas Mavs

    BTW, once the draft is over, I'm dropping a guy and picking up someone to replace him.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  2. #152
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Nash City takes Desagna Diop

    Union City takes Kelenna Azuibuke

    Dr Badd - you're up
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Bobby was the last guy on my list. Dammit.

    Las Vegas picks

    Antoine Wright from the Dallas Mavs

    BTW, once the draft is over, I'm dropping a guy and picking up someone to replace him.
    Arean't we all - and since I only have 2 picks and will finish with 11 on my roster, guess who gets 1st pick of the dregs?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  4. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by kerosene View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Damn, I was going to break Jose's heart & pick Andersen.
    haha.

    I'll take Oleksiy Pecherov.

    And I have take off here. Thanks gents.
    You guys Interpret this as a "permission to skip pick 54?"
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  5. #155
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    with its last pick Cedar City selects G C.J. Watson of the Golden State Warriors

  6. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    I was going to take Bobby Brown before I decided I didnt want to choose who to pick. Good thing I just dropped my pick cause I wouldnt know who to take.

  7. #157

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Gnawbone, against the advice of team doctors, takes Shaun Livingston

  8. #158
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    I don't see how it isn't permission to skip it.

  9. #159
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    kerosene isn't on - and hasn't been for over an hour so he's being skipped.

    Venice selects Stephane Lasme

    And being as no such player is listed that pick is changed to Ian Mahinmi - whoever that is. Hicks, if you were dying to get him, lemme know and I'll change it.
    Last edited by DisplacedKnick; 10-11-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  10. #160
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gnawbone, against the advice of team doctors, takes Shaun Livingston
    Goodluck with him... I finally opted to part ways with him this summer.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  11. #161
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    I'll take Kwame Brown.

  12. #162

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Goodluck with him... I finally opted to part ways with him this summer.

    I wouldn't have kept him with 9, but as a 12th man I guess I can see how he is by March. He's not exactly competing with the best PGs ever down there in Miami.

  13. #163
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Thanks Curt

  14. #164
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't have kept him with 9, but as a 12th man I guess I can see how he is by March. He's not exactly competing with the best PGs ever down there in Miami.
    True, problem is he might very well not be competing at all for long stretches . OTOH... being the 12th player on a roster there's not much risk and he could reward you nicely if he does manage to play say 50 games or more. Could be a very nice complementary player then I guess .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  15. #165
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Indeed! Thanks for doing a lot of work, Rim. It goes without saying we all appreciate it a lot .
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  16. #166
    2014 IKL Champion DrBadd01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    United States.
    Posts
    1,968

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Thanks Rim.

  17. #167
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Party's over here - thanks everyone! Good draft day.

    I have 3 skipped picks to fill in with garbage, then my 12th man and we should be open for business. Let me know at the end of this thread if there's a problem - if I added a wrong pick or something.

    I will be out an hour or so because I need to grab some food.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  18. #168
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Good work, all

  19. #169
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,397

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arean't we all - and since I only have 2 picks and will finish with 11 on my roster, guess who gets 1st pick of the dregs?
    You do? I'm seriously asking.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  20. #170
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12,042

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    This was painless. Much appreciated. Now time for complete domination or a complete collapse.

  21. #171
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do? I'm seriously asking.
    Had to put a 12th man on to fill the roster and finish the draft. That is now done. S'pose I could've added a crap player to finish the draft then immediately gone to the lineup page and make an add/drop but that seemed a few extra wasted mouse clicks.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  22. #172
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Thanks for the PMs.

    And my girls won their volleyball tournament. And both played well.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  23. #173
    Well lubricated Skaut_Ech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,397

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Thanks for the smooth work on the draft guys, especially Curt.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

  24. #174

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he could reward you nicely if he does manage to play say 50 games or more. Could be a very nice complementary player then I guess .

    I'm not counting on 50 games, or even 30 games. I'm just hoping he shows enough to make me confident enough to keep him as 9th man next year.

    But, once I get a couple of G injuries you never know, I might lose patience.


    Also, THANKS RIM for running the show!


  25. #175
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,024

    Default Re: ABA Keeper League Draft Thread, 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the PMs.

    And my girls won their volleyball tournament. And both played well.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Similar Threads

  1. Euro 2008 Thread
    By Raskolnikov in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 04:08 AM
  2. Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2039
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
  3. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 8
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
  4. The PD NBA Draft - Selection #4 - Seattle
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 03:01 PM
  5. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 3
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 11:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •