Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Star: Tinsley to Nuggets? Possibly Monday

Sports Logo

Default Re: Star: Tinsley to Nuggets? Possibly Monday

Seriously....IF ( that's a big IF since this info comes from an alleged "source ) the Pacers had the choice of Cash OR a Draft pick....and they chose not to give up $3mil in cash....then they dropped the ball on this BIG TIME.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

it is all JOs fault.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoopsworld update:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10218

Morning Report: Latest On TInsley

The Latest On Tinsely: The Indiana Pacers still have not found a taker on Jamaal Tinsley. Talks with the Denver Nuggets seem to be over, according to one source close to the situation. That source said the Nuggets insistence on cash or a first round draft pick being included in the deal killed the talks with the Pacers, who have been talking to other teams. Pacers' sources refused to name the teams the club is talking with as to "not pollute the talks" in the press. It's believed the Pacers are closed to the idea of taking on garbage contracts in exchange for Tinsley. They are obviously not looking for star caliber players, but they at least want someone who could play for them, ruling out chronically injured or over the hill types, which seem to be what's being offered the most. The Pacers' source indicated the thought process is it's smarter to hold onto Tinsley and wait for the right deal rather than rush into something that handcuffs the team in the future or brings on assets that limit the team's flexibility going forward. Technically the Pacers do not start paying Tinsley's contract until the start of the regular season - we'll see if the Pacers' stance changes once checks start flowing. The Pacers have set no timetable for moving Tinsley, but are still engaged in talks according to sources close to this situation.
    That's what's up. Don't give up, and don't take back garbage. It might take a while, but I'd rather be patient. Props to Larry for not giving in to Denver for a pick.

Mood

I'm glad we didn't give up a pick, and I agree with their stance moving forward, but I am slightly disappointed we wouldn't give them cash to make this happen.

It looks like the Simons aren't willing to spend 3 mil to get rid of Tinsley. If they did, then they would have to cut some guaranted contracts which would cost them even more money. Money seems to be a big issue to the Simons.

It pretty clear in the long term the Simons come out ahead, but the short term seems to be what's important. Well, if they keep holding on to Tinsley it will cost them 7 mil this year, or whatever until they can trade him. It sounds to me the are being penny wise and pound foolish. JMOAA

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    It pretty clear in the long term the Simons come out ahead, but the short term seems to be what's important. Well, if they keep holding on to Tinsley it will cost them 7 mil this year, or whatever until they can trade him. It sounds to me the are being penny wise and pound foolish. JMOAA
    Not if they think they have another deal on the table that can get what they want without giving up the cash.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Demanding a first-rounder is just plain insanity. Denver can suck it...like Trebek.

My main concern with Tinsley still being on the roster is the spot we lose. We already have our work cut out for us paring it down to 15 players (hopefully we won't be stupid enough to cut Williams).

So if the Pacers can't trade JT (or make another roster-trimming trade) by opening day then they need to cut 3? Presumably Davis and 2 of McRoberts/Graham/Croshere? (I think Baston is owed too much for the team to consider cutting him)
    "I'll always be a part of Donnie Walsh."
    -Ron Artest, Denver Post, 12.28.05

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Not if they think they have another deal on the table that can get what they want without giving up the cash.

I'll believe it only after it happens!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Hoopsworld update:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10218

Morning Report: Latest On TInsley

The Latest On Tinsely: The Indiana Pacers still have not found a taker on Jamaal Tinsley. Talks with the Denver Nuggets seem to be over, according to one source close to the situation. That source said the Nuggets insistence on cash or a first round draft pick being included in the deal killed the talks with the Pacers, who have been talking to other teams. Pacers' sources refused to name the teams the club is talking with as to "not pollute the talks" in the press. It's believed the Pacers are closed to the idea of taking on garbage contracts in exchange for Tinsley. They are obviously not looking for star caliber players, but they at least want someone who could play for them, ruling out chronically injured or over the hill types, which seem to be what's being offered the most. The Pacers' source indicated the thought process is it's smarter to hold onto Tinsley and wait for the right deal rather than rush into something that handcuffs the team in the future or brings on assets that limit the team's flexibility going forward. Technically the Pacers do not start paying Tinsley's contract until the start of the regular season - we'll see if the Pacers' stance changes once checks start flowing. The Pacers have set no timetable for moving Tinsley, but are still engaged in talks according to sources close to this situation.
    First, there's a significant value difference between cash & a 1st round draft pick, so I'm not sure what's up there. It would seem far more likely that it was a pick that was the sticking point.

The second position seems to be overplaying our hand a bit. I can appreciate not wanting to get worse, but they should probably recognize that "about equally bad" is probably as good as we could hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post

Shawne is going to be our best scorer off the bench this season
    Hum!