Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star: Tinsley to Nuggets? Possibly Monday

Sports Logo

Default Re: Star: Tinsley to Nuggets? Possibly Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was looking at Denver's roster, they will have some interesting personalities, if they add Tinsley, I'll have to keep an eye on it. I don't know if they'll be any good, but I bet they know how to throw a party.

Allen Iverson
    Ruben Patterson
    Kenyon Martin
    Carmelo Anthony
    JR Smith
    Chris Andersen-2 year drug suspension, crazy amount of Tatoos guy
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    All their missing is Ron Arest and Steven Jackson in that mix..wow
    Outside of where SJax falls into this......both of you are right....I don't see why charecter issues would be a concern for the Nuggets. They have flirted with acquiring players like Artest.....and have had players like Ruben Patterson and Chris Anderson on their roster.

It would make sense that what Chapman would balk at would be the $$$ concerns. If that's the case....then I would consider throwing $3 mil in Cash considerations to try to balence it out as much as possible.

Or maybe that's the holdup......the Nuggets are asking Bird to look for a 3rd team to get involved....where they would send Atkins/Hunter to a 3rd team while sending back something more useful to the Nuggets ( along with Tinsley ) and the Pacers getting saddled with more Contracts.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dece View Post
    It's kind of ironic that people on this board would question what the Nuggets have won. They've been far more successful than us recently, and while they haven't had playoff success, playing against the eventual western conference champions each year is pretty harsh. Still, they've had 50 win seasons, it's real tough to knock that when you're looking at our 35-40 wins seasons.

Because we've totally got the same talent level as Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    I don't have any idea how you can equate washing our hands of Jamaal Tinsley to getting nothing.
    we get clean hands lol
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Next stop June 2015

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    The reason they haven't accomplished anything is simple: they keep getting beat by teams that are better than them in the 1st round of the playoffs. You weren't really expecting them to beat the Spurs and Lakers, were you?
    No, I certainly did not expect them to beat the Spurs or the Lakers. But that's the point. While their talent level is sky high...arguably as high as those teams, they are not a great team and without Camby will be a big nothing. Taking a good hard look at the type of personnel the Spurs acquire versus the type the Nuggets acquire tells you a whole lot about what it takes to build a contender...and what's a dead end street.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    No, I certainly did not expect them to beat the Spurs or the Lakers. But that's the point. While their talent level is sky high...arguably as high as those teams, they are not a great team and without Camby will be a big nothing. Taking a good hard look at the type of personnel the Spurs acquire versus the type the Nuggets acquire tells you a whole lot about what it takes to build a contender...and what's a dead end street.
    Their talent level is good, but not as good as the Spurs (who have 3 all-stars) or Lakers. Both those other teams always had the best player in the series whenever they played the Nugz.

The problem with the Nugz is that they've seemed to be VERY injury prone (particularly their frontcourt) and they've lacked consistent outside shooting. They've been a good team in a tough conference. There are simply better teams out there with better players.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's kind of ironic that people on this board would question what the Nuggets have won. They've been far more successful than us recently, and while they haven't had playoff success, playing against the eventual western conference champions each year is pretty harsh. Still, they've had 50 win seasons, it's real tough to knock that when you're looking at our 35-40 wins seasons.
    They were awful before this current 4-5 year run (and I mean awful, as in a few "teen"-win seasons, which makes Indy's 35-win "bad" seasons look a whole lot better). During this current mini-"run" of success they're in, they've had a single 50+ win season --- last year, when they won exactly 50 games, which was their first 50-win season in two decades. And they've never won a playoff series during this current stretch. It's not that they haven't done anything.... it's just that.... they really haven't... wellll...

Done anything. Since 1984, in fact.

Indy's last few years haven't been pleasant, but don't forget the ~15 years before that (Thank you, Reggie)... making the playoffs 15 of 16 years, 4 conference trips, 1 finals trip, 5 50+ win seasons...

But you're right --- Denver "has us" over the past 3-4 years.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 10-04-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Well, I did say recently, didn't I?

Is it true that only $700,000 of Atkins contract is guarenteed? So if we were to wavie him, is that only due? Or do we have to pay him the whole $3.2 million?

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, I did say recently, didn't I?
    Oh you sure did, and it was a wonderful point.

Am I insane for thinking that, at this point, I'd trade Jamaal and filler for Nene, or even Jamaal and Murphy for K-Mart? Neither one of those guys are going to be worth what they're paid, but either one would immediately become a starter on this team. I'd much rather have Nene, because his contract is the same length. I'd just like to have a productive player, at this point or expiring contracts, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    Am I insane for thinking that, at this point, I'd trade Jamaal and filler for Nene, or even Jamaal and Murphy for K-Mart? Neither one of those guys are going to be worth what they're paid, but either one would immediately become a starter on this team. I'd much rather have Nene, because his contract is the same length. I'd just like to have a productive player, at this point or expiring contracts, at this point.
    I dont think we want to touch Nene's contract. He owed about $40 million over the next 4 years. Kmart is owed about $50 million over the next 3 years. I wouldnt want either one of those contract, considering that both players are injury prone, just like Jamaal

Jamaal and Murph for K-Mart and Hunter/Atkins, I'd consider. K-Mart would be an upgrade defensively over Murph, and he'd work in a fast-paced offense like he did in New Jersey and he does in Denver. His deal runs the same amount of time as Murph too, so that wouldn't be a problem. He'd be able to work with some good PGs again, which would make the most of his skills. The problem is his alleged attitude and health, which are pretty sizable as it relates to us and our past with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Is it true that only $700,000 of Atkins contract is guarenteed? So if we were to wavie him, is that only due? Or do we have to pay him the whole $3.2 million?
    The way I understand it is that only 700k of the second year, so 3.2 plus the 700k the second year, if he's cut before then. If not, you'd have to pay the full amount of year 2, which is like 3.5, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    Jamaal and Murph for K-Mart and Hunter/Atkins, I'd consider. K-Mart would be an upgrade defensively over Murph, and he'd work in a fast-paced offense like he did in New Jersey and he does in Denver. His deal runs the same amount of time as Murph too, so that wouldn't be a problem. He'd be able to work with some good PGs again, which would make the most of his skills. The problem is his alleged attitude and health, which are pretty sizable as it relates to us and our past with them.
    JOB said that his ideal PF would be one that shoots 3's...I dont see KMart capable of that. And with all the injuries surrounding Kmart, it would be risky to have another PF making tons of $$$$$$ sitting on the bench, looking good in Armani suit (like JO)

I personally don't think K-Mart would look good in an Armani suit. But with that aside, we'd still have a 3-point shooting big if we keep Croshere. And even if we don't, we still have ample 3-point shooting from our wings that I think we can afford to trade for K-Mart (only at the price of Murph and Tins though). I'm willing to accept the tradeoff of shooting and softness for defense and toughness.

The New Jersey Nets Kmart I'd take, not the one of the last few years. I just don't think he's close to the same player he was. He just doesn't play with the same intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    I personally don't think K-Mart would look good in an Armani suit. But with that aside, we'd still have a 3-point shooting big if we keep Croshere. And even if we don't, we still have ample 3-point shooting from our wings that I think we can afford to trade for K-Mart (only at the price of Murph and Tins though). I'm willing to accept the tradeoff of shooting and softness for defense and toughness.
    What about constant injuries? If we could do a Tinsley + Murphy + Graham for KMart + Hunter + Atkins http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=, it wouldnt be that bad. I just hope KMart can stay on the floor and remain consistant. Last season he played and started in 71 games, but the season before, just played in 2 games. He would fit in JOBs system before of his defense and athletic ability.

PROS
    We get an athletic big man that can play touch dee, and will help out our low post offence. Hes a solid rounder and has the ability to block shots. KMart and Murphy's contract both go for 3 years but KMart's expiry will free more cap space

CONS
    His contract his HUGE and his injuries have been plaguing him.

Overall, it can go both ways. If he can stay healthy, this trade will definately benefit us. If he gets injured again, we're screwed. But I guess in this league, you got to get take gambles sometimes when you're in this situation.

Ford/Jack/Diener/Atkins
    Dunleavy/Rush
    Granger/Williams
    KMart/Hunter
    Rasho/Foster/Hibbert

Sports Logo

Atkins has a guaranteed contract in the 2008-2009 season.....he only has partially guaranteed contract in the 2009-2010 season.

I would much rather keep him since he would fit a certain role on this team...and then try to use him as trade bait for the 2009-2010 offseason. Partially guaranteed contracts seem to be worth a lot nowadays...especially when we get close to the 2010-2011 FA Sweepstakes.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    The New Jersey Nets Kmart I'd take, not the one of the last few years. I just don't think he's close to the same player he was. He just doesn't play with the same intensity.
    Kmart is still a solid PF that could meet our needs for a Low-Post scoring / Rebounding intimidator that can play some solid defense. When the Nuggets plays the Lakers.....KMart is sometimes used to guard Kobe.

Regardless....I doubt that the Nuggets would be interested in a KMart for Tinsley+Murphy trade.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Kmart is still a solid PF that could meet our needs for a Low-Post scoring / Rebounding intimidator that can play some solid defense. When the Nuggets plays the Lakers.....KMart is sometimes used to guard Kobe.

Regardless....I doubt that the Nuggets would be interested in a KMart for Tinsley+Murphy trade.
    I totaly forgot about that. But from what I remember, KMart wasnt that successful

Good, sounds like I'm not completely insane. I just think that Murphy isn't a solution for us, so if we can basically make a sideways trade for someone that better suits the team's needs, while simultaneously getting rid of Tinsley, that's something we should look at.

Ideally, we'd dump Tinsley for nothing, or possibly even a very, very small something. However, if that doesn't look like that's possible, I think we should be looking at scenarios where we take on someone else's bad contract (but no lockerroom cancer!) in exchange for Tinsley, as long as their contract isn't any longer than Tinsley's. Just seems to me that if we can manage to turn Tinsley's salary into a salary that will actually be in the rotation, that would be a step up, and I think either Kmart or Nene would be in our rotation.

Good, sounds like I'm not completely insane. I just think that Murphy isn't a solution for us, so if we can basically make a sideways trade for someone that better suits the team's needs, while simultaneously getting rid of Tinsley, that's something we should look at.

Ideally, we'd dump Tinsley for nothing, or possibly even a very, very small something. However, if that doesn't look like that's possible, I think we should be looking at scenarios where we take on someone else's bad contract (but no lockerroom cancer!) in exchange for Tinsley, as long as their contract isn't any longer than Tinsley's. Just seems to me that if we can manage to turn Tinsley's salary into a salary that will actually be in the rotation, that would be a step up, and I think either Kmart or Nene would be in our rotation.
    please not Nene. His contract is for 4 years and is making about $10 million per season. I dont see all the hype behind Nene. I dont even know how he deserved that contract

please not Nene. His contract is for 4 years and is making about $10 million per season. I dont see all the hype behind Nene. I dont even know how he deserved that contract
    Fair enough, there were some conflicting reports here about the lengths of the contracts. I'd still be interested, but then Denver would have to sweeten it. Allow me to play devil's advocate. As a for instance, if Denver didn't want to do Tinsley for Atkins and Hunter, wouldn't you consider including Murphy for Nene in order to get them to do it? Sure, we'd take on an extra year of Nene to the tune of roughly 10-11 million over Murphy, but assuming we didn't keep Hunter or Atkins, we'd basically be chopping 7 million (Tinsley) off the payroll for 2 of the 3 years we're currently on the hook for, in addition to being able to sever ties, and allowing fans to breathe a huge sigh of relief.

I think if you did that trade, you'd still come out ahead in terms of total salary commitment, while getting a decent interior player. As have been said by others, it's not like we're some huge FA player, and the money we save on Tinsley should allow us to comfortably re-sign Granger.

Fair enough, there were some conflicting reports here about the lengths of the contracts. I'd still be interested, but then Denver would have to sweeten it. Allow me to play devil's advocate. As a for instance, if Denver didn't want to do Tinsley for Atkins and Hunter, wouldn't you consider including Murphy for Nene in order to get them to do it? Sure, we'd take on an extra year of Nene to the tune of roughly 10-11 million over Murphy, but assuming we didn't keep Hunter or Atkins, we'd basically be chopping 7 million (Tinsley) off the payroll for 2 of the 3 years we're currently on the hook for, in addition to being able to sever ties, and allowing fans to breathe a huge sigh of relief.

I think if you did that trade, you'd still come out ahead in terms of total salary commitment, while getting a decent interior player. As have been said by others, it's not like we're some huge FA player, and the money we save on Tinsley should allow us to comfortably re-sign Granger.
    I would rather have KMart over Nene.

I would rather have KMart over Nene.
    Me too, but more than likely, so would Denver. Also, keep in mind that we're in "no attitude" mode, and with KMart there have been rumblings of him not being a very good teammate, whereas the only knock (other than stats) about Nene that I've heard is that he's very injury prone.