Thread: Roster

Default Roster

OOPS
    Last edited by PD Junkie; 10-01-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Default Re: Roster

Quote Originally Posted by PD Junkie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you release Graham to keep Austin? Only if you can't rid Tinsley?

http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

lol j/p my friend ...
    Either it's me , and I simply don't get what you are saying or asking..

or
    It is just late ,I am tired , and my eyes are buggin out...... lolz

I am leaning towards the first explanation..
    Last edited by Kemo; 09-30-2008 at 11:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    http://www.hookedonphonics.com/

lol j/p my friend ...
    Either it's me , and I simply don't get what you are saying or asking..

or
    It is just late ,I am tired , and my eyes are buggin out...... lolz

I am leaning towards the first explanation..
    May as well call off the Post of the Year nominations.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    May as well call off the Post of the Year nominations.
    Yeah, I'm pretty boggled. It's almost as crazy as if somebody known for correcting other people messed up the name of his own city while correcting somebody else's spelling of that city.

I'm doing a week of no correction as penance, so that's all I'll say about the post you mentioned.

But wow.
    Last edited by Anthem; 09-30-2008 at 11:58 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Graham signed an extension over the off season. I don't think we can just release him. I'm pretty sure his contract, and roster spot is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    Graham signed an extension over the off season. I don't think we can just release him. I'm pretty sure his contract, and roster spot is guaranteed.
    Graham did not sign an extension, we picked up the option on his second year. His contract is guaranteed, but his roster spot is not. The Pacers can cut him, but they'd have to pay him.

Also, if we don't get rid of Tinsley, then we'd have to cut two players with guaranteed contracts to keep Croshere...most likely Graham and McBob.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Graham did not sign an extension, we picked up the option on his second year. His contract is guaranteed, but his roster spot is not. The Pacers can cut him, but they'd have to pay him.

Also, if we don't get rid of Tinsley, then we'd have to cut two players with guaranteed contracts to keep Croshere...most likely Graham and McBob.
    My fault. It's good to have you around to make sure we have the correct info. So, we're going to have to do multiple buyouts to keep Croshere, right?

I like Croshere and all but it seems like it's going to cost us just to add possibly an 11th or 12th man.

Unless ... Bird already has a deal in place to move Tinsley so we can cut down the roster and won't have to buy anybody out.

No, they are not buyouts. They're cuts.

Actually, I'd forgotten all about Graham. It'd seem best to cut him and McRoberts if you want Croshere, but it depends on if we're going to give Williams a true last chance or not. If he's just waiting for his bags to be UPSed, then we may need to hold onto Graham for the wing positions.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What can Croshere bring to this team that Murphy and McBob can't? I know the leader ploy is important, but this team needs interior scoring. Why can't we cut people for a guy who can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    What can Croshere bring to this team that Murphy and McBob can't? I know the leader ploy is important, but this team needs interior scoring. Why can't we cut people for a guy who can do that?
    Murphy shouldn't be part of the question because he and Cro are not competing for minutes. Murphy is the starter, Croshere wants to be his backup. The comparison is Croshere vs. McRoberts and Croshere vs. Baston.

If Cro is the backup PF, then that means you're playing Jeff exclusively at center, which is nutty. That means he and Rasho are getting all of the center minutes, which means Hibbert gets no minutes.

Look, I know I've been down on Hibbert, but if he loses minutes to Austin Croshere then I'll be miffed. That's ridiculously short-sighted. I don't think he's ready for much yet, but the way he'll get there is by actually playing in games.

Croshere should not be taking minutes from Hibbert. I can't believe we're even considering it, even if we do "need a leader."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    If Cro is the backup PF, then that means you're playing Jeff exclusively at center, which is nutty. That means he and Rasho are getting all of the center minutes, which means Hibbert gets no minutes.

Look, I know I've been down on Hibbert, but if he loses minutes to Austin Croshere then I'll be miffed. That's ridiculously short-sighted. I don't think he's ready for much yet, but the way he'll get there is by actually playing in games.

Croshere should not be taking minutes from Hibbert. I can't believe we're even considering it, even if we do "need a leader."
    I think Foster will be the primary backup at 4, with Murph getting 33-35, Foster 6-10, Cro/Baston getting the dregs...(not considering the occasional appearance of the small lineup with a Danny, mayhaps Shawne at the 4). I want to see Hibbert get a steady 10-15 minutes.

I think Croshere is just somebody that Bird and JOB will be more comfortable with as the 12-15th man than either McBob or Graham (or maybe Baston). Nothing more. I'm cool with that.

I meant A backup not THE backup.

Quote Originally Posted by PD Junkie View Post
    Did you release Graham to keep Austin? Only if you can't rid Tinsley?
    Sounds a bit like the speech Charlie wrote for Dennis' comptroller campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    I think Foster will be the primary backup at 4, with Murph getting 33-35, Foster 6-10, Cro/Baston getting the dregs...(not considering the occasional appearance of the small lineup with a Danny, mayhaps Shawne at the 4). I want to see Hibbert get a steady 10-15 minutes.

I think Croshere is just somebody that Bird and JOB will be more comfortable with as the 12-15th man than either McBob or Graham (or maybe Baston). Nothing more. I'm cool with that.
    If that's really the situation, then I'm fine with it. But Cro is Larry's guy, and he sure seems to think he's got the possibility of getting higher than third string in the rotation.

I'm betting there will be a LOT of games where Croshere gets more minutes than Hibbert.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm thinking Foster's days are numbered. He's our most tradeable guy, we aren't going to be a contender until his hips are arthritic, and while we don't have any "great" PFs, we have a number of competent PFs.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Murphy shouldn't be part of the question because he and Cro are not competing for minutes. Murphy is the starter, Croshere wants to be his backup. The comparison is Croshere vs. McRoberts and Croshere vs. Baston.

I am thinking about combination of players. Lets say that Foster and Murphy start and there are injuries to other frontcourt players. Croshere will not give us anything different. You have to think of combinations with starters and core rotationals. So I think that Murphy has everything to do with it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty boggled. It's almost as crazy as if somebody known for correcting other people messed up the name of his own city while correcting somebody else's spelling of that city.

I'm doing a week of no correction as penance, so that's all I'll say about the post you mentioned.

But wow.
    Friends don't let friends drink and post.