Thread: Baseball Post Season 2008

Default Baseball Post Season 2008

Very good series.

Boston vs Angels. I do not who is going to win this series. Boston puts up a lot of runs but the Angels are a very sound team. Beckett is not the game one starter.

Cubs vs Dodgers
    The Dodgers have been very good since Manny Ramirez got on board. Andre Either has been reaping the benefits. They might have not the best bullpen but it is a five game series. What Z will show up the man throws a no hitter and then cannot pitch two innings the next game. Love the Managers with Torre & Lou.

Mil vs Philly. CC is the man. IF Webb did not have the season he did, CC would win the Cy Young. The Phillies have Ryan Howard/Utley/Rollins. They should be able to take advantage of Mil weak pitching.

Tampa vs (Minn/W.Sox)
    Everybody is rooting for the Rays. The feel good story of MLB.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Baseball Post Season 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very good series.

Boston vs Angels. I do not who is going to win this series. Boston puts up a lot of runs but the Angels are a very sound team. Beckett is not the game one starter.

Cubs vs Dodgers
    The Dodgers have been very good since Manny Ramirez got on board. Andre Either has been reaping the benefits. They might have not the best bullpen but it is a five game series. What Z will show up the man throws a no hitter and then cannot pitch two innings the next game. Love the Managers with Torre & Lou.

Mil vs Philly. CC is the man. IF Webb did not have the season he did, CC would win the Cy Young. The Phillies have Ryan Howard/Utley/Rollins. They should be able to take advantage of Mil weak pitching.

Tampa vs (Minn/W.Sox)
    Everybody is rooting for the Rays. The feel good story of MLB.

Milwaukee's weak pitching? Dude...their pitching kept them in the race and got them in the playoffs. If not for Milwaukee's VERY STRONG PITCHING, the Mets would be in the playoffs. Go look at the stats. Milwaukee finished the regular season in the top 3 in almost every meaningful category. Their pitching was not only strong, it was also unbelievably consistent. I mean I'm not taking anything away from Philly's amazing offense, but they aren't going to walk over Milwaukee in a series where they might have to face CC and Sheets twice each.
    Last edited by travmil; 09-30-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Suppan had a terrible last month of the season.
    Parra got taken out of the rotation.

I believe CC would have won the NL Cy Young if Webb hadn't won twenty games and he will get some votes.

Sheets was injured.

I just feel Bullpen in Mil is suspect. Torres closing, Gagne,

Mood

Go Devil Rays.

Cubs=Choke

CC had another bad post season. I cannot fault him b/c he got Mil there with his great pitching down the stretch. I do not think two bad postseasons hurt his chances of making big money as free agent next year. Some team will give him Santana Money in the offseason.

I really like Manny Ramirez. The guy knows what he is doing. Some team will give him big money next year. I would love to see him in Cincinnati, Imagine him Bruce/Votto in a line up. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

It will be very interesting to see what the Cubs do in the off season, What would you do?

I am suprised the Angels have not been playing better. K Rod had a tough game but they won last night in a marathon and have a game tonight.

The Devil Rays look to be the real deal. Everybody outside of the Red Sox Nation should be rooting for them if they Boston in the next round.

The Phillies and Dodgers is going to be a great Series.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really like Manny Ramirez. The guy knows what he is doing. Some team will give him big money next year. I would love to see him in Cincinnati, Imagine him Bruce/Votto in a line up. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.
    Cincy won't spend the money for him. In all honesty, I think you'll see the Dodgers resign him. He's gonna look for a big salary, with just a few years. Not many teams will have the pockets, will to sign someone that pricey, or both to get him. He would be smart to stay in the NL. I think overall, the NL has weaker pitching top to bottom.

It will be very interesting to see what the Cubs do in the off season, What would you do?
    Disband the team. I really dislike just about everything to do with Chicago and sports. Cubs and Bears fans are the absolute worst. It makes me smile every year when the Cubs lose their final game, and I let all of my friends who root for them know it.

I am suprised the Angels have not been playing better. K Rod had a tough game but they won last night in a marathon and have a game tonight.
    I really don't think it's that big of a surprise the series has gone the way it has. I've been saying it all year that the Red Sox are the best team in baseball. I couldn't care less about season records or last years WS title. They have the ability to field a very, very good defensive team and still get a lot of hits/runs out of it. I didn't know how it was going to work, but adding Bay in left just made that outfield scary. Did you see that play he had to throw out Hunter last night at second? Just nasty.

Beckett not being totally on top of his game, I felt, caused some what of a domino effect on both sides. Gave the Angels a lot of confidence at the plate and made the relief pitching less confidence.

The biggest concern right now is Pedoria, and I wouldn't even really call it a concern. He hasn't gotten a hit yet this series, and that just blows my mind. He is way too good of a hitter to be giving a showing like he has. If he can put some hits up, that lineup becomes even better. I bet he'll break out of it tonight and they'll put them away.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lester came through again. Man is he tough or what?

Pedoria gets his first hit of the series, and promptly gets two RBIs out of it to put the Sox up 2-0. Lowerie, another new comer, singles to bring in Bay for the win.

Defense again proved to be the difference. Kotsay had two great catches at first, Youk had a wonderful snag down the third base line, and Veritek managed to just hang on long enough during that botched squeeze play.

Off to Tampa to knock all the bandwagon fans back off.

I am rooting for the Devil Rays. I like the fact they drafted good players and did not spend a lot of money on free agents. I hope Evan Longoria has a good series. James Shields pitches well at home but has trouble on the road. The Sox did lose Mike Lowell so Lowrie/Kotskey will have to step up.

Do you think we saw Ken Griffey Jr's last at bat last night?

Mood

Last at bat for the White Sox maybe. He can still hit. If he stays with an AL team he can extend his career as a DH like Frank Thomas has been able to do. He has said several time he'd like to go back to Seattle.

Mood

I am rooting for the Devil Rays. I like the fact they drafted good players and did not spend a lot of money on free agents. I hope Evan Longoria has a good series. James Shields pitches well at home but has trouble on the road. The Sox did lose Mike Lowell so Lowrie/Kotskey will have to step up.

I am, too.

Also, I really hate seeing Griffey in another uniform than a Reds one. It stinks, but it was going to happen eventually.

Let's go RED SOX...clap...clap...clap, clap, clap
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

streets ahead

who thought back in march the ALCS would be opening up in tampa? anyone?

hopefully dustin snapped out of whatever was wrong with him in the last series. now just waiting on beckett to do the same.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    who thought back in march the ALCS would be opening up in tampa? anyone?

hopefully dustin snapped out of whatever was wrong with him in the last series. now just waiting on beckett to do the same.
    Two years ago I knew that they would be this good, but Sports Illustrated said that wouldn't be until 2010. They got here early.

Mood

offseason.

I was watching ESPN News this morning and the ticker said Ken Griffey Jr said he will not retire. He has a club option for 16.5 million and a buyout of 4million. I think he days are done unless he is willing to accept way less money.

The first games in each series are going really set the tone for the series. If Cole Hamels does not get the win it hurts the Phills. If the Rays get blown out it hurts their confidence.