I didn't have Tmac?

Default Re: The ABA Draft has begun

Iverson is all mine MWHAHAHA I love it.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't have Tmac?
    tmac misses about 20 games - which you stated earlier is a cornerstone of your drafting philosophy
    This is the darkest timeline.

I'm glad you're always there to explain things for me, ATC.

Can't stay up any longer...sorry guys, hopefully pick forty won't come up anytime soon. I did, however, leave a contingency list of one.

Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    For almost 5 hours I'm chanting

One more pick and Josh Smith is mine

then Magic Rat swoops in

I thought I drafted Pau Gasol. Oh, well. I guess I'll go ahead and keep him........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Sorry for holding up the draft there. I had Antawn Jamison in the contingency list; it just didn't work for some reason. Good thing my boss left early today, huh?

Old and big is my team's motto this fantasy season.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    TMac.

I bet you like this cheery news:

Tracy McGrady told the Associated Press that an arthritic left shoulder will require surgery after the season and may slow him down this year, and that his surgically repaired left knee is still bothering him.

The opening day of training camp is usually highlighted by unrealistic expectations and optimism, but that's not the case with T-Mac. He's been an injury mess for a few seasons and if this news isn't a red flag, we're not sure what would be. He said Monday that his knee is "probably 75-80 percent" healthy and will take another two months to fully heal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=100092&id=473

EDIT: Nevermind.

Drafting in September remains retarded, however.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 09-29-2008 at 11:18 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

I bet you like this cheery news:

Tracy McGrady told the Associated Press that an arthritic left shoulder will require surgery after the season and may slow him down this year, and that his surgically repaired left knee is still bothering him.

The opening day of training camp is usually highlighted by unrealistic expectations and optimism, but that's not the case with T-Mac. He's been an injury mess for a few seasons and if this news isn't a red flag, we're not sure what would be. He said Monday that his knee is "probably 75-80 percent" healthy and will take another two months to fully heal.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=100092&id=473

If a guy's injury prone, I don't even list him on my draft sheet. Ming, McGrady, Wade, Camby...I had them all down to take them only after my top five positions were filled. Looks like TMac is eager to start his season in his usual fashion!
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

I got Shaq.

Huh.

Don't know how to feel about that - guess pretty good for about 60 games a year, pretty lousy if I make the finals.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sorry to hang things up overnight. Late last night I was 5 away from picking and guys had migrated to the top of my list that made sense numbers-wise but I didn't really want (e.g. Shaq, Brad Miller) so I paniced and dumped it.

Then I agonized forever between Mo Williams and Mehmet Okur (and a 3rd guy still out there), knowing that Scott was sitting there like a vulture ready to take what I left behind.

I had to sleep on it before going with Mo.

After Scott plucked Jose Calderon one pick before me on round 3 and I may have reached on Beidrins as a consolation, I had to be sure about #4.

At least I picked ONE American!

Sorry to hang things up overnight. Late last night I was 5 away from picking and guys had migrated to the top of my list that made sense numbers-wise but I didn't really want (e.g. Shaq, Brad Miller) so I paniced and dumped it.

Then I agonized forever between Mo Williams and Mehmet Okur (and a 3rd guy still out there), knowing that Scott was sitting there like a vulture ready to take what I left behind.

I had to sleep on it before going with Mo.

After Scott plucked Jose Calderon one pick before me on round 3 and I may have reached on Beidrins as a consolation, I had to be sure about #4.

At least I picked ONE American!
    I just knew our picks were going to jack with each other.We're too like-minded with our drafting. Lemmee tell you what was going on with me.

I took Kidd, based on numbers, but immediately wished I had picked up Biedrins. Of course you snapped him right up. I started feeling a little buyers remorse.

Then I decided on Okur (along with filling my contingency list) and waited for you to pick. The wait was torture. Okur was my #1 guy I wanted and I was just sure you were going to pick him. Then I looked through your previous picks and had you pegged as taking a PG, so I talked myself into feeling a little better, then I started worrying again.

Looks like we might have a little trade discussion following the draft.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

I had Okur ahead of Shaq originally but I already have him in another league and decided to move him down my list. He's a good pick if he plays like he finished last season. If he plays like he started Scott will find the use of his FULL vocabulary.

I had Shaq, Okur and Nene as my potential hi reward, hi risk guys. Shaq was leading the pack, until I read this in the wee hours of the morning;

http://deseretnews.com/article/0,5143,700262909,00.html

"They had various injuries to deal with over the summer, but Mehmet Okur and Paul Millsap each declared themselves to be "100 percent" healthy heading into Jazz training camp......Time off helped Okur fully recover from injuries he suffered last season, including a sprained shoulder, lower-back inflammation and a sore Achilles tendon that made for "tough" times."Now I'm 100 percent," the Jazz's starting center said. "Hopefully I'm going to stay healthy."

Oh, I hear ya, DK. I actually even thought about your, um, experience with him last year. (I was hoping he'd drag you down a bit.)

I looked back over his injury history and saw that last year appears to be an abberation. Then I went over his past stats on Sports.ws. Enough to sell me. I feel like I got a steal.
    Last edited by Skaut_Ech; 09-30-2008 at 10:52 AM.

I think guys who skipped the Olympics will have a real advantage. Whoever it was that took Ilgauskas will probably benefit that he rested all summer, just to name someone else in the high injury risk category.

I like to think I have a drafting philosophy, but who knows, I'm usually not a fast starter. FPPM used to trump all for me as long as minutes were consistent, even if they were small. I guess it still is, but I spend more time looking at minutes and also building the backcourt earlier than I used to do.

Devin Harris is a good pick. That's the third one I struggled with (Mo, Mehmet, Devin).

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

I think guys who skipped the Olympics will have a real advantage. Whoever it was that took Ilgauskas will probably benefit that he rested all summer, just to name someone else in the high injury risk category.

I like to think I have a drafting philosophy, but who knows, I'm usually not a fast starter. FPPM used to trump all for me as long as minutes were consistent, even if they were small. I guess it still is, but I spend more time looking at minutes and also building the backcourt earlier than I used to do.
    My general formula is FPPM x total games expected to play (this year).

That being said, I'm not exactly thrilled with anything beyond winning the lottery for my #1 pick. In nearly every instance the guy I REALLY wanted has been picked one or two positions above me.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Here's what I hate - I had like 20 spots between my last pick and the upcoming one and only had a list of 6 - felt like beyond that it dropped off.

Was resigned to not getting any of them. Well, with 8 to pick before I get a turn, three of them are left. My hopes are just getting up enough to where I'll be PO'd if I don't get one of 'em. And I'm sure I won't.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Fair warning everybody - My entire contingency list has been decimated and the only guy on there is someone I don't really want. I have to see how everyone ahead of me does and then make my pick on the fly. Unfortunately that means tomorrow morning (california time) I will be able to make my second pick fairly easily after that, and we should be moving only nicely after that. OH - if you don't know, my team is the Venice Vagrants. Thanks!
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sorry about that guys. I did this thing called sleep last night - you guys should check it out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Here's what I hate - I had like 20 spots between my last pick and the upcoming one and only had a list of 6 - felt like beyond that it dropped off.

Was resigned to not getting any of them. Well, with 8 to pick before I get a turn, three of them are left. My hopes are just getting up enough to where I'll be PO'd if I don't get one of 'em. And I'm sure I won't.
    And I got Rondo - the player I REALLY wanted. Either I'm misjudging players or I'm having a good draft so far, even with 1 less pick.

I kept waffling on Rondo. I thought he was shooting impaired coming out of college. I never really saw anything special in him once he became a por, then all of a sudden he starts...clicking. I couldn't decide if he would keep it up this year, or that was one of those career blips where you look solid for a spell, then settle back into mediocrity. I think about all those discussion about whether the Pacers should go for him on PD.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    I kept waffling on Rondo. I thought he was shooting impaired coming out of college. I never really saw anything special in him once he became a por, then all of a sudden he starts...clicking. I couldn't decide if he would keep it up this year, or that was one of those career blips where you look solid for a spell, then settle back into mediocrity. I think about all those discussion about whether the Pacers should go for him on PD.
    Oh he can't shoot - but with Pierce, Allen & Garnett around him plus just entering his 3rd year I thought his assist #'s will keep going up. He's an excellent defender so you have to figure he'll be on the floor.

Could someone tell me who I got at 100 & 101?

I don't have access to the site from work & its killing me not knowing.

No tricks either, I know who I had on my list.

That means you Scott