Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whisper of trade talk with Sacramento.

Default Whisper of trade talk with Sacramento.

Hi guys,

How is everyone? Haven't been on here in quite some time but thought I would check in and see what's been happening with the site.

I also wanted to let you all know that a friend of mine who's involved with the Kings told me that an offer was on the table from Sacramento to trade for Tinsley. Word has it that the Kings have offered Indiana Kenny Thomas in exchange for Jamaal Tinsley and Josh McRoberts. The Pacers have replied stating that they would consider it if Sacramento would take back Shawne Williams instead of McRoberts. Apparently, the Pacers have also asked for Donte Green to be included.

This would make it a Jamaal Tinsley and Shawne Williams for Kenny Thomas and Donte Green.

Sacramento have since replied that they would only consider the deal if Indiana were to include an unprotected future first round pick (not sure what year).

He also told me that it has been quiet about this deal in the last week or so, makes me wonder though.

I believe there is a still a while left until Donte Green can be traded again, can anyone let me know a date when he can be re-traded by the kings?

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know what rumblings I'd heard. As a lot of you would know, I don't provide links since this is info I get occasionally from people. Don't ask for a link as refusal often offends

Blah...
    One size does not fit all!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Whisper of trade talk with Sacramento.

I'm sure there are tidbits like this with every team. It is no secret that Tinsley is being shopped.

(Does that qualify for understatement of the millennia?)
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure there are tidbits like this with every team. It is no secret that Tinsley is being shopped.

(Does that qualify for understatement of the millennia?)
    It may be close

Why would the Pacers even think about giving up an unprotected first rounder? Is Donte Green any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    Why would the Pacers even think about giving up an unprotected first rounder? Is Donte Green any good?
    He played very well in the summer league league (40 points one game and backed up with 38 or something to that effect in the next game) but aside from that I know very little about him. He was with Houston then and was part of the Ron Artest deal. I don't wanna say much about him cuz honestly, I don't know.

I don't know if they would, that may have been why the talks died down, not sure.

I'd just do the Tinsley/McRoberts for Thomas deal and be done with it. I would not trade any first round picks and I know nothing about Greene.

*edit* I just looked: Thomas makes more money than Tinsley per year, BUT his contract ENDS a year earlier. We should do this. The first trade, that is.

Of course, the fact that it's "out" probably means it's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I'd just do the Tinsley/McRoberts for Thomas deal and be done with it. I would not trade any first round picks and I know nothing about Greene.

*edit* I just looked: Thomas makes more money than Tinsley per year, BUT his contract ENDS a year earlier. We should do this. The first trade, that is.

Of course, the fact that it's "out" probably means it's dead.
    Yep, agreed. Especially if picks are involved.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Green cannot be traded for a few weeks (10/14/2008). However, I could see a deal along the lines of:

Tinlsey, Williams & 2nd for Thomas & Green

Tinsley & Williams for Thomas and a future 2nd

No way do the Pacers give up a 1st rounder in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    Green cannot be traded for a few weeks (10/14/2008). However, I could see a deal along the lines of:

Tinlsey, Williams & 2nd for Thomas & Green

Tinsley & Williams for Thomas and a future 2nd

No way do the Pacers give up a 1st rounder in the deal.
    I don't see a deal happening between the two teams. The Kings are going to insist upon a 1st round pick because otherwise they aren't going to want Tinsley's additional year when they already signed Udrih to a full MLE deal.

The Pacers probably will refuse to give up any 1st round picks and 2nd round picks really aren't worth more than pocket lint in most trade talks. Looking at it from both perspectives, I don't see either team budging and therefore no deal.
    Last edited by d_c; 09-25-2008 at 11:40 PM.

donte greene has much more pro potential imo than rush and i honestly would have drafted him ahead of rush.

it doesn't matter what deal is done... because the FACT of the matter is there are

16 players on our roster.. and the ONLY way it will work is if we do a 2 for 1 deal or a 3 for 2 deal .. otherwise McBob or Baston will have to be cut/ bought out .. before the season starts

It makes absolutely no sense trading a 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 in any deal really... because we would still have a roster of 16
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo

Kemo is right. I think we'd be asking too much if we insist for Greene. Yeah, he has potential but he plays on the wing...do we need another? Let's just trade Tinsley and get a short contract in return. If the Kings want McRoberts..give it to them and call it a day. What's that saying? Beggers can't be choosers.

I doubt this trade though. I'm just really skeptical the Kings would trade a shorter contract for Jamaal Tinsley and his contract. Especially when they just committed to Udrih, and paid him well.

Kenny Thomas has one of the worst contracts in the league. I'd say he has less value than Tinsley, simply because, in theory, Tinsley could stay healthy and out of trouble somewhere else. KT is going to be a 2 year turd sandwich wherever he goes.

I think it's fair to ask for a Williams/Greene swap to even out the trade, in a vacuum at least. The problem is the the Pacers have a lot more pressure on them from their fan base to move Tinsley than Sacramento has to move Thomas. So I think the deal that is most realistic is Tinsley and McBob for Kenny Thomas and a future 2nd round pick.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

I would do a Jamaal and McBob for Thomas trade too. We skip a year and get rid of a PR-disaster and malcontent, what's not too like? IF KT could play 10-15 meaningfull minutes I would be happy allready.

Make it happen, Larry!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

I'd say we might have to give up the draft pick to move Tinsley. I'd really try to slip em the mickey and ask for Jason Thompson, but that would never happen. We have enough assets now to try to get back in whatever draft we give up in this trade. Plus, if they throw in Donte Green, we get even younger with yet another player from 2008 1st round. Do you think their request to swap Williams for McBob is a statement of how much they want Shawne gone, or of how much they want McBob to stay?
    Last edited by NapTonius Monk; 09-26-2008 at 07:51 AM.

He was at Syracuse, but how that translates into the pros is anyone's guess. I'd say he has as much potential as Shawne.

I forgot that Sacto brought Bobby Jackson back. Not too sure why they'd take Jamaal, when they have Udrih and Jackson already.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    Do you think their request to swap Williams for McBob is a statement of how much they want Shawne gone, or of how much they want McBob to stay?
    I'd say its both. McBob will create interest around Indy simply cause he went to highschool here. I'm sure many fans are just waiting for shawne to screw up again. It still amazes me that even AFTER Larry said shawne was on thin ice his name ended up in the headlines again. Granted it wasn't exactly something he could control but he could have at least not put himself in that situation. Bottom line is, McBob= More hometown intereset. Shawne not so much.

I just checked, and Greene could be traded right now but not with another player. If it was a one for one deal, it would be ok. Personally, I'd rather get rid of McRoberts rather than Shawne Williams. Getting Greene would be good for our team. Hes 6'11" and 226 lbs. He can shoot the 3 put his post moves dont seem to be too good. Hes would definately be a PF in our system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boHoWTUqHLs

In Syracuse he averaged 17.7 points and just over 7 rebs in 35 games. But us giving up a first round draft pick would NEVER happen, thats just out of question. Kenny Thomas is making more than Tinsley and has one year less than him.

Do it Bird

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hometown interests is highly overrated.

Get rid of Tinsley, that is the only way to sell more tickets. Oh yeah and win.

Getting rid of Shawne Williams and Tinsley would be a great PR move for the organization. If we have to trade a first rounder (not lottery) and take on Thomas to do the deal. I am fine with that. Shawne Williams could have had a breakout year this year for us. He has a great NBA Body (long & lean) He also shoots the three pointer with ease. If he could improve his post game their is not reason why he wouldn't play twenty minutes a night for us.

streets ahead

while i agree with those that find this puzzling on sacto's end...

i'd try structuring a deal without donte. to me a deal along the lines of tinsley, shawne and maceo for kenny and shelden makes more sense for both. it would leave us with 15 players, give us a young PF we don't have to extend and we'd be moving tinsley. no need wasting a draft pick if we don't have to on donte. i suppose you could also convince them by taking mikki moore's deal off their hands (tinsley, quis, baston for kenny and mikki).

like i said before, i don't really see why sacto would have interest in tinsley.
    This is the darkest timeline.

I don't think this trade will happen, but it's worth pointing out that Kenny Thomas did play for O'Brien in Philly before the Webber trade.

He was decent: 11 pts, 6.5 rebs, 1.6 asts, 1 stl per game in about 28 minutes.

He's not a terrible player, he just has a terrible contract. A poor man's Troy Murphy, you could say.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie