Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rasho's here

Default Rasho's here

Via Pacers.com:

[yt]zPeEoh4-tEM[/yt]

Default Re: Rasho's here

Rasho = Stanko + More Strength + More Powers

There were rumors he wasn't happy about the trade?

And nice camera work, I feel like I'm watching my uncle shoot the family Christmas after too much eggnog or maybe its the Nestowitch Project.

he looks SLIGHTLY high

actually that must be the bad video shooting... or the fact he speaks like a sicilian in a mafia movie, I dunno there's something weird here

but he's awesome so that's ok!
    Last edited by BKK; 09-22-2008 at 03:43 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would love it if Rasho Bic'd his head. He would be more of a badass than he already is. Rasho for president.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rasho = Stanko + More Strength + More Powers
    The most notable power that he has is to keep his proverbial "nose" clean and have no real on/off court PR issues.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

sweabs

Yep - Rasho was staying in Toronto until the last possible day he could stay.

Funny that he found out from TJ.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I think the casual fans are going to end up really liking Rasho after having
    seen him for a while.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    I think the casual fans are going to end up really liking Rasho after having
    seen him for a while.
    I always thought that Rasho was Foster-esque from what I saw from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    not quite. Foster is more agile and quicker. Both are pretty good defenders and rebounders. Rasho has a bit of a better shot than Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    There were rumors he wasn't happy about the trade?
    Yes, I don't know why he denied it though. I still say deal him somewhere else.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    Yep - Rasho was staying in Toronto until the last possible day he could stay.
    New Pacers ad campaign: The safest place in Indianapolis is the Fieldhouse - the one place JT won't be.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Agreed, they're really similar. Rasho definitely has fan favorite potential.

Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post

UH ..... MAYBE because it isn't true ??

lol

As far as your opinion on dealing him ...

WHY??

Exactly WHO could we trade him for ... that would be better ?

Even IF we just GAVE Tinsley away in a trade ...

There is NOT anyone we could aquire in a trade..that I can think of ... who would be as good of a team player/ glue-guy .. as Nester .. Let alone skill-wise ..

I think it is stupid to go trading newly aquired players BEFORE they even step foot on the court in a Pacers uni. , without seeing how well they will be mesh , and play for us...

Just look at Dunleavy .. I bet there were some on here saying we should deal him , right after we got him in the GS trade...

Yet he comes plays for us , and has a career year working his *** off... while working his way into the hearts and minds of the fans... (me being one of those fans..)...

I say we should give Rasho a chance...

I guess I just don't understand the logic.... (not downing you for your opinion , just don't necessarily agree ..)

The only way I could see it .. is .. if it was done to get rid of Tinsley .

And EVEN THEN... I would most CERTAINELY think we would have to get someone out of the deal whom is equal to or BETTER than Nester .. to justify it..

slightly off topic,

But as far as the roster goes...

As it sits right now we only have 3 options really .. before this season starts..

which would be ...

A. Buyout Tinsley ... (TPTB are against this , and have stated such)

B. Trade Tinsley along with another player..(The only players I personally would consider would be Daniels,Williams,McBob, Graham) in a **2 for 1** deal.. or a **3 for 2 deal** ...The ONLY way I would let Nester or Baston go in any kind of trade involving getting rid of Tinsley , would be if it netted us a good player who would contribute nicely .. at the Center/Power Forward position ...

or

C. Release McBob , thus freeing up the roster spot, to let Tinsley ride the pine from his home (away from Conseco)

The only realistic option I see TPTB goin with is option B.
    and I highly doubt they are going to sacrifice one of our bigs to trade Tinman.. for whatever garbage we would get in return...

No matter what SOMETHING must be done in regards to the roster size BEFORE the season starts....

and no matter what kind of trade we do to get rid of Tinsley , it is going to have to be a
    2 for 1 ..........
    or a .....
    3 for 2 deal..

there is no getting around it unless we keep McBob from joining our roster , or buyout one of our lower end contracts...

I personally like Rasho , and I think a combination of Hibbert/Rasho at Center will be ALOT better than most of you think.. pair that in with Foster/Murphy at PF .. and we have a pretty good front court.... Granted none are all-stars .. but for the most part they are all hustlers , good rebounders, and will give you 110% every night ... I just REALLY hope Hibbert develops his shot blocking ability into something that will help us ...(and I think he will) ...
    Last edited by Kemo; 09-23-2008 at 05:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Man, what's with the haterade? Dude steal your cat or what?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Link? Was it a teammate who eluded to that, was it the media who heard he was unhappy, did he say it in Slovian and it was translated?

Or was it just speculation on a message board somewhere, just because he wasn't in Indy yet?

I really try to watch Pacer stuff pretty closely, year round, but I could've missed it being reported somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    not quite. Foster is more agile and quicker. Both are pretty good defenders and rebounders. Rasho has a bit of a better shot than Foster
    Agreed. That's why I said Foster-esque and not Foster clone-like.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

As I recall, Rasho's a lot bigger and more physical that Jeff. You won't (shouldn't) see Rasho front the post much because he shouldn't have to rely on a gimmick/ zone defense like fronting the post.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    As I recall, Rasho's a lot bigger and more physical that Jeff. You won't (shouldn't) see Rasho front the post much because he shouldn't have to rely on a gimmick/ zone defense like fronting the post.
    Oh, let me be clear. I don't think Jeff should start over Rasho. I think he should start over Murphy.

Play Jeff at PF and see how physical he is.

Enjoy your time at PD!

*sigh* Too many use the word "gimmick" too loosely when describing basketball tactics.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't think Rasho wants to be here, call it a hunch, but my gosh that was the most unexcited interview I've ever seen. You would think he was a college kid in line to take the SAT, "yeah I'm excited...to get this over with."

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    I really don't think Rasho wants to be here, call it a hunch, but my gosh that was the most unexcited interview I've ever seen.
    Get a camcorder, walk up to a guy who just got out of practice, and start asking questions. That's what you get.

He won't be on the all-interview team, but I don't care about that one way or the other. I care that he produce on the court.

Enjoy your time at PD!

sweabs

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    I really don't think Rasho wants to be here.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

I could give the business end of a rat, if he wants to be here. He just needs to produce while he is here since he is on the final year of his contract, unless he wants to be done in the NBA. I know they are paying better then what they use to in Europe, but I'm sure he will get the most bang for his buck here in the NBA and he won't get that playing as if he doesn't want to be here.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74