Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 82

Thread: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

  1. #51
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,418

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by cgg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's PFFL?
    How soon they forget.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  2. #52
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,826
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually had thought Larry Coon's FAQ was linked at the top of the board here, but that's on RealGM.
    He's here at the top under Links&Forums.

  3. #53
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,424

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How soon they forget.

    He only has 224 posts. He never knew, which is more of a shame.

  4. #54
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    You know, PFFL could most be a FAQ unto himself.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  5. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,379

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Jermainiac/Dat Dude should earn a spot in our historic posters list as well.

    Also, I'd like to see Tinsley's brawl "clean-up" permanently recorded somewhere.

  6. #56
    Wake me up next season.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not really where I want to be.
    Posts
    1,356
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know, PFFL could most be a FAQ unto himself.
    PFFL?

    Would that be the Pakistani Flag Football League?

    I haven't a clue either...

    ???

  7. #57
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    I think some things are best left vague and mysterious...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  8. #58

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Briefly, PFFL = Pacer Fan For Life.

    He was an avid pacer fan and a poster at Rats probably from the very beginning. His posts were memorable not so much for basketball insights but for their humor and a seemingly endless collection of hilariously funny personal anecdotes.

    One thing he was very passionate about was that Isiah Thomas was a terrible coach. There were many debates about this fact, and after the last playoff disaster at the end of the 2002-03 season PFFL was absolutely convinced that an Isiah firing was inevitable. As I recall, he felt so strongly about it that he vowed to give up on his life-long love of the team if Isiah was not fired.

    Well, Donnie Walsh gave Isiah the old public "vote of confidence".

    PFFL was furious- that night on the forum he "went PFFL"

    Now he was known for his humor, stories, cleverness, and not for any huge temper. But... he came onto the forum and berated the Pacer organization with every 4-letter word you can think of, basically begging to get banned. He was. Then he went on his wife's account and did the same thing, getting the IP banned. Personally I didn't see this, because the posts all got deleted fairly quickly (overnight?) and that was apparently one night I was not on the forum.

    Of course a few months later Larry Bird came on board and Isiah was immediately fired. PFFL never came back though. "Going PFFL" is a total all-out burst of rage that apparently ends your fandom forever.

    Of course over the years many here felt attached to him for all the funny moments and stories (Guys like Peck and Scott can more attest to this), but he dropped off the Earth to never return. Now and then someone here thinks a new RATS poster might be him, but it never seems to fit. When you go PFFL, I guess the rage is permanent, even if the cause of the rage disappears.
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 09-23-2008 at 11:49 AM.

  9. #59
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    You're very, very close to the mark, pacertom. I will paste that in and add the fact that he DID briefly appear on Pacers Digest waaaaaaaaay back in the early days. I'm talking August/September 2003. But he soon left again.

  10. #60
    Wake me up next season.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not really where I want to be.
    Posts
    1,356
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    That is truly the greatest story of a Pacer fan going ballistic I have ever read.

    BRAVO pacertom!

  11. #61
    Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    9,690

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Surely "Earl" comes up often enough to deserve mention here.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

    “If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

  12. #62
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely "Earl" comes up often enough to deserve mention here.
    Was just going to say that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #63

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is truly the greatest story of a Pacer fan going ballistic I have ever read.

    BRAVO pacertom!
    Thanks- As Hicks mentioned, I might be wrong on some of the details, since it happened in the summertime and I perhaps wasn't on the forum quite as often as some at the time, and didn't have the personal friendship with PFFL that some people (Peck, I believe?) had, or any contact in forum gatherings. I wasn't aware that he made a brief appearance on PD either, so perhaps someone else can take my beginnings of the story and flesh it out with more details, or recall some of his hilarious stories-- there was one that was something about a road trip to Philadelphia, in which he was making out with his wife (or future wife) in the stands, all while both were wearing Pacers gear and taking abuse from the typically obnoxious Philly fans.

  14. #64
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacertom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks- As Hicks mentioned, I might be wrong on some of the details, since it happened in the summertime and I perhaps wasn't on the forum quite as often as some at the time, and didn't have the personal friendship with PFFL that some people (Peck, I believe?) had, or any contact in forum gatherings. I wasn't aware that he made a brief appearance on PD either, so perhaps someone else can take my beginnings of the story and flesh it out with more details, or recall some of his hilarious stories-- there was one that was something about a road trip to Philadelphia, in which he was making out with his wife (or future wife) in the stands, all while both were wearing Pacers gear and taking abuse from the typically obnoxious Philly fans.
    I think somebody got stabbed on the Philly trip.

    Ah, the good ol' days.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  15. #65
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe there's room for this in the faq?

    Okay. Enough already, please. I went along with the joking a bit, but this is not the thread for this.

  16. #66
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    By all means, push me further.

  17. #67
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,621

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Hicks, feel free to roll the guess the score FAQ I just posted into this one.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  18. #68
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks, feel free to roll the guess the score FAQ I just posted into this one.
    That's exactly what I just offered to do in your thread before I read this.

  19. #69
    Member Pacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Whiteland, IN
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    As a n00b, I have a request. Can you insert all the nicknames for players that people use...at least current/past Pacers? I picked up most over time, but sometimes I read some and am left scratching my head.

    Though I've never been accused of being a brainiac.

  20. #70
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Anyone up for making a list?

  21. #71
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone up for making a list?
    Other than the ones I've made or come to pick up, I don't think I could. Maybe during the season I could ask the players what nicknames they've had and I could post them as I go.

    I sent an e-mail to my ticket rep to see if she could ask around for a list of nicknames of the players.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 10-20-2008 at 01:22 AM.

  22. #72
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    I don't think that's what he was asking about. I think he was asking about forum nicknames for players.

  23. #73
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that's what he was asking about. I think he was asking about forum nicknames for players.
    Oh well...

    She said she'd try and do something anyway.

    It will be fun to compare the names they were given by family, friends, teammates, etc. to the ones we've given them.

  24. #74
    Member Pacers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Whiteland, IN
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that's what he was asking about. I think he was asking about forum nicknames for players.
    Bingo!

  25. #75
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bingo!
    Like I said, oh well...lol

Similar Threads

  1. WHERE TO GO WHEN PD IS DOWN
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 09:31 AM
  2. The Official Indiana Pacers Altered Pictures Thread
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 08:05 AM
  3. Pacers Digest - Goal Line Blitz players....
    By burnzone in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 11:53 PM
  4. Official "I Am Legend" discussion thread (SPOILERS GALORE, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!)
    By heywoode in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 09:58 AM
  5. 01/08/2008 Game Thread 36: Pacers at Jazz
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •