Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Mark Cuban responds to Josh Howard situation

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Cuban responds to Josh Howard situation

My personal opinion is Mark is just trying to shift the attention away from Howard. While I agree the emails were just proof of how immature some people can be (and I almost cried, laughed, and then cried again when I ready the person who said he should be sent to Indiana) but the underlying theme raises a good point to me. Nothing has been done, and at the very least [I would like to think in Cubans shoes] I would have issues a statement saying what Josh Howard did was wrong but that we would work with him on way to better improve his image to the public.

(ADMIN, I am not sure if this is to political for Pacers Digest. If it is I apologize)

http://blogmaverick.com/

Thanks for the advice on Josh

Sep 18th 2008 10:53PM

I wanted to thank all of you who took the time to email me with your comments on how best to deal with Josh. They were so good, I thought I would share a few of them with everyone. Including the email addresses of those who were bold enough to use real email addresses.

Josh realizes his comments were wrong, he understands why people are upset. He knows he has made a mistake, has apologized and will work with us . Beyond that, its a private issue.

What about the people who gave me the following advice ?

Author : Barack Obama (IP: 64.12.117.196 , cache-mtc-ah04.proxy.aol.com)
    E-mail : Nigga4life@coon.com
    URL : http://Watermellon
    Whois : http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?...=64.12.117.196
    Comment:
    JOSH HOWARD IS NOTHING BUT A DUMB COON ******. SOMEONE NEEDS TO TEACH HIS MONKEY *** SOME DAM RESPECT FOR THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
    To:
    Date: 09/18/2008 11:18 AM
    Subject: Howard
    This ahole is just as anti American as you are Cuban! What a disgusting bunch.
    rom: “Billy Leto” Add Address to Contacts
    To: mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com
    Date: 09/18/2008 09:20 AM
    Subject: are you kidding me?
    MC,
    Tell Howard that him and Hussein Obama can go to another country and live if they don’t want to support our symbol of freedom.–
    Billy
    Date: 09/18/2008 09:20 AM
    Subject: Howard’s(and the rest of them) anti-American, thuggish remarks/attitude
    These black criminals that you people coddle and cultivate are the reason why I no longer watch/follow professional sports. Sickening.
    To:
    Date: 09/18/2008 09:14 AM
    Subject: Ask Mark Cuban
    Hey Mark, I’ve always loved the way you ran your team and respected a large amount of your opinions. Regardless, I have to stop supporting the Mavs. Why? Because I don’t support POS, America-bashing people like Josh Howard. Tell that spoiled pansy that his lifestyle is only made possible by the marvelous experiment that is America, and to take his bs to Russia if he’s going to talk down our national anthem. Until he’s off the team, you guys are off the TV.
    From: christopher.wolff@comcast.net Add Address to Contacts
    To: mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com,
    Date: 09/17/2008 11:28 PM
    Subject: josh howard
    This the first time I have e mailed any one of this stature you have to be kidding me I have always admired you and I am a warriors fan Don Nelson or not. Fire that *** hole this is America send him to Iraq No wonder kids act the way they do this is there role model they have no clue what we have been through in our history and how we became this country we all have faults but this is not the 60`s if it was he would of been hanged. I suppose that he thinks all the fireman, police and innocent citizens in 911 should of died also only in America could this happen and thats the point he does not get.
    To:
    Date: 09/17/2008 08:51 PM
    Subject: Your boy
    You need to get rid of your ****** howard before you go down with him!

Cc:
    Date: 09/17/2008 10:09 PM
    Subject: Maverick Josh Howard

You better get that piece of work out of your team for talking and disrespecting the national anthem or you are going to pay the price for it….. What kind of org. allows a looser and an idiot play for them? You are so low you make me vomit!!!! If you allow a hate of America play for your team, you also Hate AMERICA. GET OUT OF HERE!!!!

Have a Blessed Day:

Manuel A. Rodriguez

Name: Roger
    Email: rconnally@hotmail.com

Dude: Worry less about why the financial world and more about that unpatriotic coon you have on your team.

Time: Wednesday September 17, 2008 at 10:07 pm
    IP Address: 68.238.150.29

To: Mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com
    Date: 09/18/2008 08:58 PM
    Subject: Josh Howard
    You need to fire that SOB immediately. However, given your political leaning and anti-US film producer credits, I doubt you have the nuts for it. Wouldn’t be surprised if you encouraged him. Do the right thing…dump that dumb *******.
    To: markcuban@dallasmavs.com
    Date: 09/18/2008 08:25 PM
    Subject: MARK & TEAM NEED TO MOVE TEAM AND YOU TO MOSCOW RUSSIA OR CUBA OR CHINA ETC.ETC.
    1ST STRIKE - YOU HAD THE ANTI-AMERICAN CANADIAN PIG VOMIT ON YOUR TEAM
    2ND STRIKE - YOU FUNDED ANTI-AMERICAN/TROOPS MOVIE
    3RD STRIKE - “I DONT DO THIS ****’ DURING MY NATIONAL ANTHEM - THIS NATION MADE YOU PIG VOMITS RICH BEYOND MY DREAMS AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY US. THREE STRIKES YOUR OUT! TELL PIG VOMIT HE IS FREE TO MOVE OUT OF MY COUNTRY ANYTIME HE WANTS. TRY CHINA,THEY HAVE FREE SPEACH - NOT!

Sir,

How dare you defend this Josh Howard piece of ****. After his disrespect, at the very least, you should have transferred his *** to the Euro league. He doesn’t like America? Well screw him. I’ve been around the world, defending America. Hell, I haven’t even had the opportunity to live in my own country since 1995. I can assure you many people, with IQ’s higher than a shoe lace, would gladly trade places with this ingrate punk. As long as you protect him and make excuses for him you carry equal guilt. I would immediately have any person in my employ fired and have his security clearance yanked for expressing such an opinion. I could retire on 1/20th of this ******** salary, and all he does is play ball and trash the country which provides him the opportunity to make such a living. Send him to REALITY, where he should be; bagging groceries and/or in prison.

Tommy Lee Frederick
    Systems Technician - Warrior Training Center, U.S. Forces Korea
    Unit 15596 Camp Casey, Korea APO AP 96224-5596
    DSN 315.730.1645

COM +82.31.869.1645

EMAIL: frederickt@korea.army.mil

To:
    Date: 09/17/2008 09:34 PM
    Mr. Cuban,
    Just saw your ****** Josh Howard disresepct the national anthem because he is black. According to the news you say he is a really great guy. Of course he is because he makes you lots of money you greedy *******.
    You would rather sell out your own country that my dead father fought for in WW II than than lose a buck by firing this black *******.
    You are nothing more than a ****** slave owner milking him for all his black *** can get you.
    YOU, SIR IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY. YOU AND THAT ****** YOU CALL NICE.
    There’s lots of black dick on that team, get busy. White power is coming back because of race traitors like you.
    Know what you get when you cross a ****** and a white ****** lover ? a WHIGGER. THAT IS YOU !!!!
    Mark WHIGGER Cuban. A White storm is brewing Mr. Cuban, you and those ******s like you better evacuate.
    Date: 09/17/2008 08:14 PM
    You need to get rid of NIGGARS like Josh Howard.
    Email: joejujo@yahoo.com
    Website:why on earth would you keep the piece of embarrassing ghetto trash named Josh Howard?
    I will no longer cheer for the mavs.
    Go Spurs!
    heffernan2@aol.com

to mark.cuban

show details 9:29 AM (14 hours ago)

“I don’t even celebrate that ****. I’m black.”

You & Howard…two peas in a pod.
    Don’t think we’ve forgotten about that Brian De Palma anti-military propaganda film, “Redacted”, that you produced, Cuban
    Ya might tell Howard the next time you talk to him, that if not for America, he’d probably be be throwing spears in Africa someplace instead of free-throws.

Semper Fi,
    M.E. Heffernan
    jax2545

to mark.cuban

show details 9:21 AM (14 hours ago)

I will not watch the mavericks play again,as long as Josh Howard plays ….. Thats it for me ….. What this animal said about the American flag has turned my stomach..
    joe
    Mark-
    Hope this finds you well.
    I am anxiously awaiting word on your
    move on the Cubs-if you buy them-keep
    Trammel in the dugout-he is why they are
    where they are now (coaching-wise that is).
    Now, on the Josh Howard thing-the whole National
    Anthem thing is bothersome. Put the ruler across
    his knuckles-and remind him that that National Anthem
    is the reason he is so ridiculously over paid, even though
    he probably went to maybe 2% of his classes at Wake-and
    probably can’t balance his own checkbook!
    Would like to talk films with you soon. Daniel J. Heffner (my producing
    partner) and I have 3 wonderful scripts, and my financing won’t be ready
    for another 45 days. Need a partner-all 5M budgets or less-and the
    scripts are good enough to garner Oscar winning actors. Further to that,
    Dan already has Maple distributing one of them-so we are squared away
    and I need to get started on 2 of them asap.
    All the best,
    Matthew Pletcher
    Chairman/CEO Baby Galigo Studios
    www.babygaligo.com
    mpletcher@babygaligo.com
    Sales Coach Chuck Bauer

to mark.cuban

show details Sep 17 (1 day ago)

Mark,

I WILL NOT attend any Mavericks games as long as that criminal Josh Howard is

part of the team. Send him to Indiana to be with his fellow criminals. The youtube

video really exposes him for what he is.

Chuck Bauer
    Date: 09/19/2008 08:58 AM

So here’s a question or two for you, Mr. Cuban, in regards to this quote from one of your players:

“‘The Star Spangled Banner’ is going on right now. I don’t even celebrate that (expletive). I’m black.” - Josh Howard

1) What does being black have to do with Honoring the playing of the national anthem? He wasn’t a slave, and he has EVERYTHING this country is about to thank for his freedom *AND* his wealth, which you and the other idiots running sports teams pay him (and other idiot athletes).

2) Are you going to do the RIGHT thing and punish him monetarily for this? Or are you going to sit there on your hands and be a pansy about it?
    To:
    Cc: mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com
    Date: 09/19/2008 09:43 AM
    Subject: Re: Get over yourself
    My fellow patriots and I aren’t the ones who made it about race: “I ain’t about that ‘National Anthem’ ****, I’m black…mumble mumble something something Obama mumble Obama, etc., etc.)Howard, and Jeremiah Wright, and Ludacris(and white leftist scum like you and “Father” Michael Pflager), Jay-Z, Kanye West, Tupac Shakur, Malik Zulu Shabazz, Louis Farrakhan, Malcolm X, B. Hussein Obama with his refusing to place his hand over his heart during the Anthem and refusing to wear a flag lapel pin until he was backed into a corner over it, all the while saying things like “typical white people” and “white foilks’ greed runs a world in need”(if a white politician said the equivalent, he’d be utterly ruined by now, and you know it; it has happened over and over again in our P.C., double-standard dystopia), et. al.,–you people are the ones who make it about color instead of focusing on character.
    I judge a person by the content of their character. So many of those multi-millionaire black athletes, and millions upon millions of blacks in the United States, absolutely, sullenly, spitefully, violently REFUSE to develop their character and act like civilized citizens of the country that was the first society on the planet to undergo a nation-rending civil war(600,000 white men dead, untold more wounded to free the slaves) and a reckoning of self-examination in order to bring about the end of slavery and the Jim Crow era in this hemisphere(even as it was, and still IS being practiced in Africa and elsewhere in the world!). Blacks Muslim pirates operating out of the Barbary Coast captured and enslaved hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of whites in the late 1770’s-early 1800’s, yet blacks act as if America was/is the only oppressor in the history of the world, rather than the very hand that delivered them from the culture of conquest, from their own cousins on the Ivory Coast, which sold them to slavers in the first place.
    After generations of anti-white attacks and rampaging riots and a rape/murder rate 7 times that of whites, after decades of robberies and thuggery and drug dealing, with a black-on-white crime rate that is so egregiously multiplied over the negligible white-on-black rate, blacks owe reparations to whites far more than any that whites owe blacks.
    You’re obviously a Mike Nifong.
    I know and know of many blacks that are indeed patriotic and intelligent and kind people, but my experiences with and observations of far, far too many others–MOST young black men and women in urban areas, in fact–mandate that I talk straight about a glaring and absolutely unacceptable situation that white liberals like you have helped bring about and exacerbate with your failed, train-wreck socialistic programs that destroy families and promote promiscuity, irresponsibility, fatherlessness, and dependence on government largesse and the race-grievance industry.
    I’m fed up with white liberals like you who refuse to acknowledge the abject depravity and pathological, willful failure of black culture, and instead enable and perpetuate it as you excuse and defend it, all the while attacking honest whites who dare protest as you call us “racists.” Go ahead, call me a racist, I don’t care; as long as the majority of a given race refuses to attend school and drink the water of education to which they’ve been led–on MY excessive and wasted tax dollars–and instead bite the hand that feeds them as they stab the teachers and rape and steal and deal drugs and glorify murder as a rite of adolescent passage in homage to their rap music heroes, harassing and accusing their studious peers of “acting white”–as long as the plurality and bulk of that pathetic race ACTS inferior, I will certainly be justified in considering them inferior. Remove the absurdly high correlation(can it be done? I really do wonder, as no black society anywhere on Earth has anything resembling an advanced character) between skin color and abject criminality, between melanin and anti-American hostility, and I will consider them worthy citizens of MY country, that I love, that I fought for and continue to fight for.
    Otherwise, shove your anti-white hatred up your ***, and shove your animalistic “African-American” ANTI-American “athletes” up your *** while you’re at it. Osama bin Laden is really tall, too; I bet he could’ve slam-dunked JUST like those disrespectful America-hating black criminals if he’d been chased after by scouts and coddled and given a bunch of bling back in the day, too!

…and I didn’t even resort to using the word that they hurl at each other and everyone else more often than they use the word “the.”

Subject: Re: Get over yourself
    Cc: mark.cuban@dallasmavs.com
    Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 10:51 AM

Josh Howard is an ungrateful dumbass. He smokes pot every day, play basketball in front of millions of people and gets paid millions of dollars and then has the BALLS to effectively say “screw the US, I’m black. I’ve been oppressed and, oh, by the way…vote for Obama”. If you don’t see the disconnect in that statement then you’re a moron as well. If he’s so frickin miserable, then he should move back to his native Africa and live in a mud hut with Obama’s half brother for a year or so on a dollar a month. Then we’ll see how he really feels about this rotten oppressive country where he’s being so unfairly held back from reaching his full potential as a miserable black man.
    Screw the Mavericks. They’re perennial losers like Howard…and Cuban cultivated the losers by overindulging the prima donnas.

And one more thing, checking out the cheerleaders during the National Anthem IS American. Homely women always complain about us doing it.

From: “McCubbin, Peter \(Exchange\)” Add Address to Contacts
    To:
    Date: 09/19/2008 10:25 AM
    Subject: Give Josh the Kabosh

Hi Mark: I look forward to showing your team (with Josh ?) the same disrespect he showed our country’s flag. You guys are a disgrace. J Peter McCubbin NBA fan

To those of you who have read this far, I have added several emails since this was originally posted. In addition, I have gotten a reply from Jeff kellen of the email below, that i thought should be posted. This is the thread, so they are in reverse order

“Jeff Kellen” Add Address to Contacts
    To:
    Date: 09/18/2008 04:22 PM
    Hi Mark,Did you know Josh Howard was an America hater when you signed him or was
    it a surprise?”I don’t spend my money on this NBA ****, I am white.”

Thanks,

- Jeff
    To: “Mark Cuban”
    Date: 09/19/2008 10:46 AM
    Subject: RE: Follow up

Mark,

Sure, that is fine as I am so damn mad at myself right now and cannot
    stand the thought of people thinking I am some sort of bigot or racist.
    My kids love KG and I was happy to see him get a ring finally. He is a
    hero in our house.

I feel like an idiot.

Thanks,

- Jeff

—–Original Message—–
    Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 10:39 AM
    To: Jeff Kellen
    Subject: Re: Follow up

thx for the reply jeff. since i posted the last email, would you like
    for me to post this as well ?

thanks,

M
    HDNet, The reason HDTV was invented ! www.hd.net

—–Original Message—–
    To:
    Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:23:49 -0500
    Subject: Follow up

> Hello Mark,
    >
    > I had sent you a email comment yesterday and wanted to follow up tell
    > you that it was a turn on the words that Josh Howard used previously
    > and the email was a sarcastic attempt to voice my objection. In
    > reality, I am actually a long time NBA fan and take my kids to a
    > couple NBA games each year and was happy to see KG finally get a ring.
    >
    > My comments were ill advised and reflected a momentary lapse of
    reason.
    > I do not allow racist talk in my house or around my children but my
    > comments came off that way and I am truly embarrassed by them. They
    > were meant to be sarcastic but they came off as racist in a way that I
    > honestly did not intend for them to.
    >
    > Apologies,
    >
    > - Jeff
    >
    > P.S. I hope you guys do better in the playoffs next year.
    Last edited by juadam09; 09-19-2008, 02:30 PM.

Re: Mark Cuban responds to Josh Howard situation

And some of these ignorant racist slimeballs think they are even one iota
    better than Cuban or Howard??

Pitiful

Comment

Damn, we even got a shot taken at us in there.

Mark,

I WILL NOT attend any Mavericks games as long as that criminal Josh Howard is

part of the team. Send him to Indiana to be with his fellow criminals. The youtube

video really exposes him for what he is.

Comment

Originally posted by BlogPost

To:
        Date:09/18/2008 09:14 AM
        Subject:Ask Mark Cuban

Hey Mark, I’ve always loved the way you ran your team and respected a large amount of your opinions. Regardless, I have to stop supporting the Mavs. Why? Because I don’t support POS, America-bashing people like Josh Howard. Tell that spoiled pansy that his lifestyle is only made possible by the marvelous experiment that is America, and to take his bs to Russia if he’s going to talk down our national anthem. Until he’s off the team, you guys are off the TV.

Hmmm...

Read my Pacers blog:
        8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Comment

Wow...I'm not sure if Cuban's Blog should be cleaned up a little or not before posting....some of it maybe considered offensive to some.
          Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

I guess the fine citizens of WhiteLand finally got computers. Yuck.
            Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
            Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
            Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
            Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
            And life itself, rushing over me
            Life itself, the wind in black elms,
            Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Comment

Originally posted by CableKC View Post
              Wow...I'm not sure if Cuban's Blog should be cleaned up a little or not before posting....some of it maybe considered offensive to some.
              The weird thing is I sent a email to the email address listed in that very entry and he just emailed me back and asked where I got his email address from.

I do agree with it being cleaned up, though I think that was the main point of his post. That is why I was not sure of the powers to be here would want this to be closed/deleted.

Comment

What better way to respond to Howard offending people than be offensive to him? Really though, these people are disgusting. I think the fact that he plays for a team in Texas is going to make things even worse. I have a feeling this is far from being over, and it's not going to end well.

Also, how about that Indiana mention? Looks like the Pacers can't catch a break. "Should be Pacer Josh Howard insults America." Ah! Those Pacers again!
                2015, 2016, 2019 IKL Fantasy Basketball Champions - DC Dreamers

Comment

Ugh...

Mark is doing what he can to save the image of his team. Not very many owners step up and speak for their teams. Heck, most of the owners do not even attend games.

Cuban does have his moments, but I'm sure he isn't going to take this situation lightly.

Josh realizes his comments were wrong, he understands why people are upset. He knows he has made a mistake, has apologized and will work with us . Beyond that, its a private issue.
                  It's never a good thing to disrespect the country in front of people who look up to you. That was the dumb thing on Howard's part. His opinions should have been kept to himself or the ones close to him.

For his sake I really hope he can do something about his newly-tarnished image. It is going to take a lot of work to fix something like this, especially in a place like Texas.

For the "fans" calling Howard the "N" word, now that doesn't make them any better than Josh. As offensive his actions may have been, he doesn't deserve to be called that word. All he should get is this:

Last edited by duke dynamite; 09-19-2008, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duke dynamite View Post
                    For his sake I really hope he can do something about his newly-tarnished image.
                    Why? The guy is clearly a bum. I wish nothing but the worst for him. I can't believe he tried to apologize. He thinks this situation is just going to disappear. He's in for a big surprise.

Comment

By Cuban posting this blog, I think he is attempting to show why Howard
                      feels the way he does, and said the things he said.

Some of the disgusting name calling and hatred shown in this blog is likely
                      something Howard and many other black athletes have endured over the
                      course of their lives.

Howard by saying what he said was in effect saying that this country is
                      supposed to be for everyone regardless of race or color, but is not.
                      Clearly many of the abusive posters to Cubans blog do not feel this
                      country is for everyone either. I can (in a way) see how a recipient of
                      constant racial bashing might see the flag and other things patriotic as
                      representing the bashers moreso then representing him. One might come
                      to think our country is both allowing and tolerating it after having been on
                      the receiving end of it enough times.

I think this is what Cuban is trying to convey.

Comment

Howard by saying what he said was in effect saying that this country is
                        supposed to be for everyone regardless of race or color, but is not.
                        Clearly many of the abusive posters to Cubans blog do not feel this
                        country is for everyone either. I can (in a way) see how a recipient of
                        constant racial bashing might see the flag and other things patriotic as
                        representing the bashers moreso then representing him. One might come
                        to think our country is both allowing and tolerating it after having been on
                        the receiving end of it enough times.
                        Or in another attempt at unfounded speculation about a guy none of us knows...Possibly Josh Howard thinks incredibly highly of the United States of America but also enjoys jokes.
                        Read my Pacers blog:
                        8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Comment

I'm calling the content "too hot for PD."

Comment

I read the first e-mail - and will not read anymore.

Comment

Working...
                            X