Thread: Just got power back...

Default Just got power back...

Haven't had any since Sunday.

Based on the lack of threads about it, can I assume that you guys didn't have this problem in Indy? Or are people still out of power?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Just got power back...

I had no power from about 4:30PM until 5:30AM Monday. Then it went out again last night for a different reason, so I went to bed early. It's been up since I've been awake.

I lost power for a couple of hours Sunday afternoon but that was it.

I missed the winning kick in the Colt game but saw the end of the late games.

I'm NE of the city (Indianapolis).

year of the black rainbow obnoxiousmodesty's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My parents outside of Connersville had no power from 4:30pm Sunday to 2:00pm Monday. Power was out in most of the county.
    Take me out to the black, tell 'em I ain't coming back. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Mine flickered a few times, but only went totally down for no more than a few seconds.

It was mostly customers of Duke Energy (AEP) that were/are without longest. Indianapolis Power and Light had much shorter outages, and clients of Parke County REMC (west of Indy where I live) had, I think, none. Is that right?

Doggone Ike blew the weather station off the roof. (By weather station, I mean the combination wind vane, rain gauge, barometer, etc. that is mounted on my house, not the cable channel that gives the forecast). I was looking forward to seeing what the top gust was, but instead the whole vane flew off the roof into the yard, and only registered about 40mph.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Power out here from sometime Sunday (I wasn't home Sunday) until about 1 hr ago.

I have a motel room in town now thru in the morning. Don't know whether to head that way and check out or wait and see if the power being back on is permanent...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden