Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: USA Today Pacers update

  1. #1
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default USA Today Pacers update

    I always look at this and mostly it's just a rehash of stuff we know, but sometimes they elaborate on things. A couple of weeks ago they said Tinsley was about 20 lbs overweight, but was down to 202 and that the team was waiting for him to get in shape to try to really move him, which he was now. Anyway, here is the latest version. Says Hibbert is working really really hard. Anyway...


    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...tes.htm?csp=34

    Indiana Pacers Team Report
    Posted 1d 19h agoE-mail | Save | Print |



    The Pacers began promoting swingman Danny Granger as the new face of the franchise last season when they put him on the team's media guide.
    Granger didn't do anything to hurt his stature with the organization when he averaged a team-high 19.6 points and started all 80 games he played in last season.
    Granger picked a good time to have a career season. The Pacers have until Oct. 31 to offer him an extension but Granger will become a restricted free agent next summer if the two sides can't agree on a deal before the end of October.
    Pacers officials and Granger's agent, Mark Bartelstein, have said neither party is going to press the issue.
    "You always like to get something done, but at the same time, if we don't then Danny will just go into the season," Bartelstein said. "I think Danny's best basketball is ahead of him. He loves it in Indiana, the fans and the organization. We would love to get something done, but we have to see if there's a deal that makes sense for both sides."
    It wouldn't be surprising if the Pacers waited until next summer before signing Granger to a long-term deal because they want to avoid overpaying him.
    It wouldn't be out of the question for Granger to ask for a contract similar to the one Philadelphia gave Andre Iguodala (six years, $80 million) this summer since many say the two play a similar style.
    The Pacers and Granger want to avoid having a dragged-out negotiation like the one Atlanta's Josh Smith went through over the summer. The two sides definitely don't want a situation like Chicago's Ben Gordon, who still hasn't re-signed with the Bulls.
    NOTES, QUOTES
    —The Pacers are going back to where it all started for them in the preseason. Their first game is at the Pepsi Coliseum — where they played home games from 1967-1974 — in Indianapolis against the New Orleans Hornets on Oct. 8. The Pacers will wear retro uniforms and there will be a ceremonial jump ball with the red, white and blue ABA basketball.
    "We are very excited about the opportunity to come back to our roots and play this game here," Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said. "We'll take pride in bringing our modern-day Pacers back to this building."
    —Larry Bird was part of the "Dream Team" that ran through opponents by an average of 43.8 points a game during the 1992 Olympics. The Pacers' president has heard the comparison between his team and the 2008 "Redeem Team", which featured Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and won the gold medal in Beijing.
    "They'd give us a good run," said Bird, who averaged 8.4 points on the 1992 team. "There's too much talent on that team for them not to. We had more big guys than them, though. (Charles) Barkley was dominating in that type of game. But as far as saying who would win, that's not for me to say. That's for the media to give their opinion."
    —Center Jeff Foster said he has already noticed a difference inside the locker room since forward Jermaine O'Neal was traded to the Toronto Raptors in late June. Foster said the seven new players have a chip on their shoulder and the returning players want to end the franchise's two-year hiatus from the playoffs.
    "There are a lot of guys that are new to this and want to be part of the culture change," Foster said. "You have holdovers that are hungry... there's been a black cloud over us the last few years. We're ready to have a nice sunny day."
    A lot of the change is because they don't have to deal with O'Neal's negative attitude toward the franchise anymore.
    "It was tough because Jermaine really didn't want to be here the last couple of years," Foster said. "It was tough to become a team when your best player did not want to be on the team."
    QUOTE TO NOTE: "Obviously things haven't gone the way many people expected since the brawl and Reggie (Miller) retired (in 2005). You would see that by how we played and the lack of support we got from fans." -– Center Jeff Foster, on the franchise's problems the past three years.
    ROSTER REPORT
    DRAFT PICKS:
    Roy Hibbert, C, 7-2, Georgetown — Drafted by Toronto but will be sent to the Pacers as part of the Jermaine O'Neal trade when it becomes finalized July 9. Hibbert is considered a fundamentally sound big man who is known more for his defense than his offense. He will immediately help the Pacers' horrendous defense.
    Brandon Rush, G/F, 6-6, Kansas — Was drafted by Portland at No. 13 but sent to the Pacers for Jerryd Bayless and forward Ike Diogu. Rush can shoot from long distance, he's a good rebounder and can play multiple positions. He'll team with Danny Granger and Mike Dunleavy to give the Pacers a solid three-man rotation at the swingman spot.
    PLAYER NOTES:
    —The Pacers are standing firm in their belief that G Jamaal Tinsley won't be wearing an Indiana uniform this season. The team, which has publicly said it's time to part ways with the injury-prone Tinsley, has taken down his nameplate inside the locker room at Conseco Fieldhouse. New point T.J. Ford is using Tinsley's old cubicle in the locker room.
    The Pacers still haven't found a team to trade Tinsley to. Team officials say they have no intention of buying out the final three years Tinsley's contract. The Pacers plan to tell Tinsley to remain at home if they can't trade him by the start of training camp on Sept. 30.
    —The verdict is still out on how rookie C Roy Hibbert, who is not known for his athleticism, will fit into coach Jim O'Brien's up-tempo system.
    One thing Hibbert can't be questioned about, though, is his work ethic.
    Pacers coaches have raved about how hard Hibbert works and how receptive he is to criticism and praise.
    Hibbert set an example for the rest of his teammates recently when he worked out with the coaching staff at Conseco Fieldhouse early in the morning and then caught a late-morning flight to New York for the NBA's rookie orientation. Hibbert will compete with Jeff Foster, Rasho Nesterovic and Troy Murphy for playing time at center this season.
    —Pacers G-F Danny Granger represented the NBA at a basketball camp in Indonesia last month. Granger worked with 50 of Indonesia's top players at a camp at the new DetEksi Basketball League (DBL) Arena in Surabaya. He also did a clinic with 30 kids from an orphanage in Jakarta.
    The Jawa Pos, one of Indonesia's largest newspapers, ran a story on its front page about Granger and named one of its versions the "Danny Granger Edition." Granger said he's open to returning next year for the inaugural Indonesia Development Camp hosted by the NBA.

  2. #2
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,111
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: USA team update

    Besides the Dream team piece. how is this an update for Team USA?

  3. #3
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: USA team update

    I meant usa today-team update. I'm trying to edit and format, but it's not allowing me in right now.... Ya its not letting me in, a little help here.
    Last edited by Speed; 09-11-2008 at 01:56 PM.

  4. #4
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: USA team update

    I can't get to it either. Looks like you picked up the html code or something in the original post.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  5. #5
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: USA team update

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't get to it either. Looks like you picked up the html code or something in the original post.
    Thanks Jay!!!!

  6. #6
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,083

    Default Re: USA team update

    Quote Originally Posted by USATODAY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Center Jeff Foster said he has already noticed a difference inside the locker room since forward Jermaine O'Neal was traded to the Toronto Raptors in late June.
    I know we've heard the quote about JO not wanting to be here. But this sentence from USA Today is another way of saying it, and more intriguing. Man, I hope for some good stuff this year.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  7. #7
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: USA team update

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know we've heard the quote about JO not wanting to be here. But this sentence from USA Today is another way of saying it, and more intriguing. Man, I hope for some good stuff this year.
    I thought it was bush league, honestly.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  8. #8
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: USA team update

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought it was bush league, honestly.
    Maybe, but if it's true, I'm hopeful for a cohesive/enthusiastic lockeroom now.

  9. #9
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    It's amazing to me how Jeff can be labeled the villain so quickly, but people for years will find any reason they can to paint JO in the white light of goodness as if he isn't capable of what Jeff is talking about.

  10. #10
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's amazing to me how Jeff can be labeled the villain so quickly, but people for years will find any reason they can to paint JO in the white light of goodness as if he isn't capable of what Jeff is talking about.
    you either die a hero or you play for the pacers long enough to become the villain
    This is the darkest timeline.

  11. #11
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,987

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Jeff became the villain?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  12. #12
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Well I think Anthem is saying that he threw JO under the bus with those comments.

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,274

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: USA team update

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know we've heard the quote about JO not wanting to be here. But this sentence from USA Today is another way of saying it, and more intriguing. Man, I hope for some good stuff this year.
    I think Jeff was just upset that JO wouldn't let him have beer fights in the locker room.

  14. #14
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    T J Ford comes in and takes over Tinsley Locker. Tinsley will not be invited back to camp if he is not moved before Sept 30th. How will he stay in shape? Does this hurt his chances of being traded?

  15. #15
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    This has nothing to do with JO's attitude, which he tried very hard to keep to himself (publicly) and every thing to do with Foster running his mouth publicly.

    Okay, Jeff, you didn't like Jermaine. We get it. He's gone. Good luck without him.

    I have a hard time believing the team is going to start training camp with a lot of "trust" if the team's most tenured player is going to keep airing dirty laundry like this.

    Seems they've traded a needs-a-fresh-start-somewhere-else guy for a chatty gossip. When is Jeff going to learn that the press is his biggest enemy and that he should avoid telling them anything remotely "juicy"?

    Chemistry might be a little bit better, but I wouldn't characterize it as "good". In fact, with no clear leader, it will take a while for all the wanna-be's to figure out who is going to be the leader.

    That's just not a good way to talk about your former teammate to the press. Honesty is not the best policy. He doesn't need to lie, he just needs to shut up about it. I'm pretty sure that's why Anthem thinks it is Bush League.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  16. #16
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Everybody that's been here over the last few years has been both villain and victim. It's a bad situation.

    I would generally agree that there's no overwhelming reason or value to talk down JO. He was a good guy who couldn't measure up to the incredibly high standard of being a franchise player. While he never became what we hoped he would be, I think he was generally good for the franchise and the community.

    That being said, I think it's reasonable to believe that he was unhappy, and it's reasonable to think that he may not have been entirely successful in any attempts he made to keep that unhappiness from bleeding into the locker room. It's not necessarily being bush league or throwing JO under the bus if Jeff is commenting on his perception of a real change in attitude in the lockerroom for the better. In fact, I think that JO would probably acknowledge that there was some truth to the comments.

    It is not my understanding that Jeff was saying JO was a bad guy and was responsible for all of the problems. I believe he was saying that the new players were excited about being here, all felt they had something to prove, and that the mood change for the better was noticeable. I would be surprised if the same things weren't being said in Toronto in regards to TJ. Keep in mind that Jeff isn't some faceless fan on a message board. He has lived closely with the situation and has earned the right to express his opinion. As long as he owns up to his responsibility in improving things around here, I don't understand why his commenting on his view of the lockerroom should be considered bush league.

    While the author of the article assigns certain motivations to Jeff, those aren't necessarily accurate. It's entirely possible that Jeff could've made those comments as a statement of his view of the situation, but still had empathy for JO's feelings. Jeff could easily have understood JO's frustrations completely, even felt he'd have them if he were in the same position, but still harbored some competing resentment, thinking "Hey, if you don't wanna be here, then I don't want you here," or something to that effect. As much as we'd like the opposite to be true, interpersonal and business relationships are never, ever cut and dried.

  17. #17
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,528

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Everybody that's been here over the last few years has been both villain and victim. It's a bad situation.

    I would generally agree that there's no overwhelming reason or value to talk down JO. He was a good guy who couldn't measure up to the incredibly high standard of being a franchise player. While he never became what we hoped he would be, I think he was generally good for the franchise and the community.

    That being said, I think it's reasonable to believe that he was unhappy, and it's reasonable to think that he may not have been entirely successful in any attempts he made to keep that unhappiness from bleeding into the locker room. It's not necessarily being bush league or throwing JO under the bus if Jeff is commenting on his perception of a real change in attitude in the lockerroom for the better. In fact, I think that JO would probably acknowledge that there was some truth to the comments.

    It is not my understanding that Jeff was saying JO was a bad guy and was responsible for all of the problems. I believe he was saying that the new players were excited about being here, all felt they had something to prove, and that the mood change for the better was noticeable. I would be surprised if the same things weren't being said in Toronto in regards to TJ. Keep in mind that Jeff isn't some faceless fan on a message board. He has lived closely with the situation and has earned the right to express his opinion. As long as he owns up to his responsibility in improving things around here, I don't understand why his commenting on his view of the lockerroom should be considered bush league.

    While the author of the article assigns certain motivations to Jeff, those aren't necessarily accurate. It's entirely possible that Jeff could've made those comments as a statement of his view of the situation, but still had empathy for JO's feelings. Jeff could easily have understood JO's frustrations completely, even felt he'd have them if he were in the same position, but still harbored some competing resentment, thinking "Hey, if you don't wanna be here, then I don't want you here," or something to that effect. As much as we'd like the opposite to be true, interpersonal and business relationships are never, ever cut and dried.

    Exactly, all of this. It reads different in this article because the writer adds his extrapolation to it. I don't like guys airing dirty laundry, but as you said above JO would probably agree, he's pretty much said the same thing, really.

    At this point, who cares. I like that Jeff isn't afraid to say things. He is at a point in his career he can be vocal. He's been here a long time, he's the veteran Pacer and NBA player on the entire team. Also, he may not be the highest scorer or best player by a long shot, but I don't think anyone out works him or out hustles him. I think that earns enough respect in itself that he walks the walk.

    I mean it's not as if Jeff has went on and on about how JO is a cancer, he made one printed comment about how the lockeroom environment could and should be improved this year and why he thinks that way. Good, he's allowed to say it, imho.

    Personally, between years of JO and Carlise constantly trying to say what the fans want to here, I welcome some straightforwardness.

  18. #18
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,626

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's amazing to me how Jeff can be labeled the villain so quickly, but people for years will find any reason they can to paint JO in the white light of goodness as if he isn't capable of what Jeff is talking about.
    It's really not so much that. Look at who is saying this, it's the same people who are in every thread throwing themselves on the J.O. hand grenade.

    While I respect both posters immensly I have to consider them like I do Uncle Buck with Ron Artest or myself with Dale Davis. They are fans of J.O.'s so rationality goes out the window. I can't even get upset or even try and dispute them any more on the subject because it became very clear a couple of months ago that this was very emotional for them.

  19. #19
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    I want to clarify my comment about "faceless member of internet board" and "earned the right...blah, blah, blah."

    What I really think is happening here is that Jeff's comments are being removed from the context in which he said them (which I don't know since I wasn't at the interview) and put in the context of the conversation that has been occuring on this and other Pacer boards for years now. These comments take on the same cloak of motivations and underlying agendas as the JO-detractor side simply because they are not favorable to JO.

    My impression all along is that Jeff was answering a question, not calling up someone to give them a juicy quote about JO. He may have intended no harm, and may have even had this exact conversation with JO. I've worked in difficult, turnaround situations. I've seen people I respected who needed to move on because they couldn't be part of the solution. I've been the person who's had to go, as well. I have great relationships with a number of those folks, in some cases, better after the parting.

  20. #20
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I think Anthem is saying that he threw JO under the bus with those comments.
    I wasn't talking about Jeff at all. I was talking about USA Today and the way they took somebody else's quote and extrapolated.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  21. #21
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't talking about Jeff at all. I was talking about USA Today and the way they took somebody else's quote and extrapolated.
    Oh, well...


    never mind.

  22. #22

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I think Anthem is saying that he threw JO under the bus with those comments.
    Curious...

    Why couldn't it be the Foster was merely speaking the truth? If JO, the team's former leader, was, in fact, a cause of the disention among the ranks why wouldn't it be okay for one of the team's most tenured players to finally say something about it?

    IMO, Foster has deserved the right to finally step forward and speak his mind after having been in the shadow of Reggie, JO and Artest for so long. He and Croshere tried to become more vocal a few years ago, but the "spotlight" wasn't on them; it was on the other three. And although Reggie would be candid from time-to-time and JO would also come forward on a few issues, both remained politically correct for the most part when they addressed the media.

    So, I, for one, am glad somebody is finally stepping out and telling it like it was and like it is behind closed doors. It's refreshing! and very much appreciated by this fan.

  23. #23
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you either die a hero or you play for the pacers long enough to become the villain
    [Chris Matthews]Ha![/Chris Matthews]

  24. #24
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's amazing to me how Jeff can be labeled the villain so quickly, but people for years will find any reason they can to paint JO in the white light of goodness as if he isn't capable of what Jeff is talking about.
    I think the issue is that Jeff didn't mean it the way Anthem is taking it (oops, also nevermind, at least the Anthem mention). I think you get asked something and answer honestly with an entirely different focus on your response. So some statements are your key but others key on something else.

    Jeff is thinking of the trade point as a time stamp and a marker of physical change and is noting that since then things are going nice. I never got the vibe he was trying to trash JO but rather that he was reinforcing a general understanding that things weren't fitting right, JO wasn't really happy, and that this had an impact on the locker room mood.

    That's not the same as passing moral judgment. He could have been in 100% agreement with JO's feelings and still noted the change. I'd guess he was more neutral, understanding where JO was coming from but also concerned with his own situation which is impacted by the mental health of the roster.


    You could say "I don't like these uniforms as much" and in comes the brother of the woman that designed them defending her against attacks. If you've got the mindset going into it then I think you are going to find things pretty easily.

    In Jeff's case he's getting questioned quite a bit about the particulars of the situation. He's yet to say anything close to "JO ruined it for us" or "it was JO that made everything bad". If JO had a feud with Bird that hurt the vibe everyone could be neutral and just ready for that feud to be over with regardless of the solution.


    Pacers coaches have raved about how hard Hibbert works and how receptive he is to criticism and praise. Hibbert set an example for the rest of his teammates recently when he worked out with the coaching staff at Conseco Fieldhouse early in the morning and then caught a late-morning flight to New York for the NBA's rookie orientation.
    I won't bump my "I don't care if Hibbert flops" thread....but just know that I feel it.


    I wasn't talking about Jeff at all. I was talking about USA Today and the way they took somebody else's quote and extrapolated.
    Yes. Plus it really just felt like a cut and paste after doing a 3 month search on Indy Star/Pacers.com articles. It's just a big summary of all the stuff discussed the last few months.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 09-12-2008 at 02:37 PM.

  25. #25
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: USA Today Pacers update

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's really not so much that. Look at who is saying this, it's the same people who are in every thread throwing themselves on the J.O. hand grenade.

    While I respect both posters immensly I have to consider them like I do Uncle Buck with Ron Artest or myself with Dale Davis. They are fans of J.O.'s so rationality goes out the window. I can't even get upset or even try and dispute them any more on the subject because it became very clear a couple of months ago that this was very emotional for them.
    What did you say about Jackson you




    (ps - let's be clear, despite the joke I'm not up his rear, just thought he took way too much of the rap and that other than crap emotional control he was a decent player at his price - starter but not star)

Similar Threads

  1. IndyStar: Pacers' Granger wants long-term deal
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 10:33 PM
  3. IBJ: Pacers' troubles bad for city, too
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 12:30 AM
  4. Star> Pacers retain their cool, put halt to losing streak
    By Will Galen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 03:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •