Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80

Thread: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

  1. #1
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...TS03/809100416


    EDIT: Full article...

    Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case
    By Phil Richards
    phil.richards@indystar.com


    Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian announced today that defensive tackle Ed Johnson was arrested for speeding and possession of marijuana early this morning in Hamilton County.

    "Those charges have been filed, it is my understanding, and we are in the process right now of determining what course of action to take with respect to discipline," Polian said. "There will be discipline, the question is what is it."

    Johnson is a starter but coach Tony Dungy said he would not play Sunday when the Colts face Minnesota in Minneapolis.

    Dungy said he was uncertain who would replace the second-year player from Penn State in the lineup.

    Johnson was unavailable for comment.
    Last edited by ChicagoJ; 09-10-2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Fixing Title
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  2. #2
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,579

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Shouldn't this be in the Colts' section?

  3. #3
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't this be in the Colts' section?
    Perhaps, if I had titled it Colts player caught with pot. Then again, half the threads in this section are out of area.
    Last edited by HC; 09-10-2008 at 02:26 PM.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  4. #4
    Member Matney33's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Yes this should be in the Colts section. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Pacers!

  5. #5
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    The truth about the world is that a sizable population has smoked pot at least once.

    (I'm not in that population, but I often find myself in the minority on things).

  6. #6
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matney33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes this should be in the Colts section. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Pacers!
    Please refer to the latter part of my original post......thanks
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  7. #7
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The truth about the world is that a sizable population has smoked pot at least once.

    (I'm not in that population, but I often find myself in the minority on things).
    I know, I know. It's just a joke.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  8. #8
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps, if I had titled it Colts player caught with pot. Then again, half the threads in this section are out of area.
    Okay, I get your point. We'll do better job policing this - begining with watching your threads extra careful to make sure they end up in the right forum.

    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  9. #9
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,658

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Adrian Peterson is gonna go for 300+ yards against us.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  10. #10
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Colts are thugs! Rah rah rah. Never seeing them again! etc.

    Oh wait. No one will care.

  11. #11
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,028

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    The Colts knew the risk of taking a shady guy with a history.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  12. #12
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay, I get your point. We'll do better job policing this - begining with watching your threads extra careful to make sure they end up in the right forum.

    Knock yourself out, by the way there are still a lot of pages in the pacers section that need moved.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  13. #13
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colts are thugs! Rah rah rah. Never seeing them again! etc.

    Oh wait. No one will care.
    Not as long as they're winning, anyway.

  14. #14
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knock yourself out
    This was not a figure of speech, Jay.

  15. #15
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knock yourself out, by the way there are still a lot of pages in the pacers section that need moved.
    Okay. Make a list for us, please. I'm sorry our "fix every one else's threads" performance doesn't measure up to your expectations.

    I've really got better things to do with my time though.

    Perhaps everyone else could spend an 5-8 extra seconds putting their new threads on the right board. And also the extra 5-8 seconds to not start a new thread when there is another thread covering the same topic that is on Page #1.

    Fair?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  16. #16
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers rubbing off on Colts?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay. Make a list for us, please. I'm sorry our "fix every one else's threads" performance doesn't measure up to your expectations.

    I've really got better things to do with my time though.

    Perhaps everyone else could spend an 5-8 extra seconds putting their new threads on the right board. And also the extra 5-8 seconds to not start a new thread when there is another thread covering the same topic that is on Page #1.

    Fair?
    No, don't get me wrong I'm really not trying to be an *** or anything. I am just saying I don't think it is right that you publicly call me out and move my thread when there are plenty of other threads over there just as irrelevant, yet no one complains about them.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  17. #17
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Just like that. You have better things to do with your time, yet you took the time to personally address me and move my thread.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  18. #18
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shouldn't this be in the Colts' section?
    Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps, if I had titled it Colts player caught with pot. Then again, half the threads in this section are out of area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matney33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes this should be in the Colts section. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Pacers!
    Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Please refer to the latter part of my original post......thanks
    You left me no choice. Note the original "big grin" smiley. I would venture to guess that the other threads are debatable. This one clearly belonged on the Colts board.

    If you want to get p!ssy about it, I was only doing this in response to your "complaining" that we haven't cleaned up the Pacers board by moving only the thread in question.

    Clearly the irony of all this and the "big grin" smiley aren't working. You're offended, and it was just supposed to be a playful response to your initial complaint. Nothing more, nothing less.

    I'll go knock myself out now...
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  19. #19
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,576

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not as long as they're winning, anyway.
    Yeah, when they start losing consistantly like the Pacers and constantly have themselves in the news in a negative way, then people will probably start to change their tune.

    I think the Colts have a while before that happens.

    But anyway, as for the newest idiot, Mr. Ed Johnson, thanks for your help and your commitment to winning, having you stay at home this weekend will certainly help our chances against the Vikings excellent running game.

    I'd like to suspend him for the Jaguars game, too, but I'm in the interest of actually winning that game, and we're probably going to need him.

    Like others have said the Colts probably suspended him as soon as they could so they could hopefully have him available for the Jaguars game in 2 weeks.

    In summary, this is not something you want to hear your players involved in, especially after such a disappointing loss from Week One. A loss so bad you question the effort and the intelligence of the team.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  20. #20
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,794
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You left me no choice. Note the original "big grin" smiley. I would venture to guess that the other threads are debatable. This one clearly belonged on the Colts board.

    If you want to get p!ssy about it, I was only doing this in response to your "complaining" that we haven't cleaned up the Pacers board by moving only the thread in question.

    Clearly the irony of all this and the "big grin" smiley aren't working. You're offended, and it was just supposed to be a playful response to your initial complaint. Nothing more, nothing less.

    I'll go knock myself out now...
    I wasn't getting p!ssy at all, sorry if it came across that way. Once again, please don't take me wrong I am sorry that I apparently took you wrong. My post that you quoted up there was really directed at 31andonly. I didn't mean for it to be an insult towards any of the mods.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  21. #21
    IMPD Officer MarionDeputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Colts knew the risk of taking a shady guy with a history.
    I was trying to remember, I know this guy kind of had a shady past at Penn State, which was why he went undrafted, but I don't recall hearing anything specific. Do you know what he did?

    Overall extremely dissapointing, my own opinions on pot withheld, why a professional athlete on a Super Bowl contending team drives while smoking pot, or with it in plain view, makes no sense to me. Especially in Hamilton County where the cops actually have time to do pro-active traffic enforcement. The Colts were extremely weak on the defensive line stopping the run, and this guy was our best run stuffer.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

    --Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

  22. #22
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,465

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case


  23. #23
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,170

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, that was fast.

    So, was this like a "last straw" kind of thing? Maybe Ed was up to these shenanigans before and was warned by TPTB?

  24. #24
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    I wish the Pacers were that free to cut people like that. Apples and oranges, I know.

  25. #25
    Member Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Athens, GA
    Posts
    3,565

    Default Re: Colts tackle Ed Johnson busted in pot possession case

    Glad I have Adrian Peterson on my fantasy team. He is going to shred the Colts this week. At least 200 yards.

Similar Threads

  1. Coach em' up, season 2: Jeff Foster
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 12:04 PM
  2. IndyStar: Pacers' Granger wants long-term deal
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 141
    Last Post: 07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
  3. IBJ: A "real" sports town wouldn't abandon the Pacers
    By Putnam in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
  4. Oprah's "Boyfriend" Gives Advice To Pacers
    By SamBear in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •