Thread: Washington at New York Giants NFL Kickoff Special 9/4/08

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Washington at New York Giants NFL Kickoff Special 9/4/08

(0-0) The last time these teams met, the Redskins beat up the Giants 22-10 at the Meadowlands, the Redskins hope to get the season started with a big win against a division rival.

(0-0) The Giants were the underdog in their last meaningful game, they will reprise that roll again for most of this season with key losses to their defensive line.

Time: 7:00 PM ET

Television:
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Washington at New York Giants NFL Kickoff Special 9/4/08

Watching it now as im getting dressed for work. Eli gets the first TD
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Mood

No offense, but the Redskins offense is offensive.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I cannot see how fans of either team can be happy tonight. Redskins are just dreadful. Colt Brennan anyone? Im just kidding right now, but come back to me in week 8.

The Giants only put up 16 points. Thats bad. Especially with the injuries the Redskins have. Plus their D, well wasnt too sharp. Sure the skins only scored 7 points, but they Skins put a few decent drives together. Plus Kiwanuka got hurt. Maybe it was just some rust, it was the first game. Plaxico looked really good though.

Mood

This offense needs to be scrapped, Campbell look horrible out there
    STARBURY

08 and Beyond

Jason Campbell has always been terrible. He is not a decent NFL quarterback and never will be. He is a backup at best, but the Redskins somehow see "potential" in him.
    Dallas Clark>Tony Gonzalez

It is the first game (against the defending champs) with a new coach and a whole new system.

Call me biased, but I do think JC can make it in this league. The man has had no consistency, either with his offensive line or with a offensive coordinator/QB coach staying more then one year

This team has a lot of work to do, but losing 1 game out of 16 is not the end of the world.

Redskins offense was way to conservative. The game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Redskins are absolutely terrible, and I try to root for them. It's not even so much the players, it's the incompetent management led by their amateur owner who thinks he can make decisions, Daniel Snyder.

Say what you want about the Irsays but at least they always knew that they weren't qualified to make day-to-day decisions regarding personnel so they hired an expert to do it. Dan Snyder must think he's some kind of god to go around making decisions when in reality he has no prior qualifications to do so.

Ever year around DC I hear Redskins fans talking about how they're hopeful for next season, and I wonder, how do they do it? How do you continue to be the fan of a team with such incompetent management? Being a Redskins fan is the NFL equivalent to being a Clippers fan.

The Redskins will never, ever be a successful franchise until Snyder takes a step back and hires someone like Bill Polian that will value the draft and stop signing every else's used talent. The Washington Redskins might as well be called the South Florida Redskins, because that's where every old player goes to finish out his days. I knew the Jason Taylor signing wouldn't pan out. That's just another one of the multiple examples of that team singing everyone else's used up players. The team has no offensive line or defensive line whatsoever and they go out and draft three wide receivers in the
    draft this year? That's unbelievably bad.

And Campbell might even have talent, I don't know. Inevitably Washington will throw another system at him in two years at the most after they fire Zorn and he'll still be confused. He'll turn into the NFL's Ike Diogu: too many systems in too many years will destroy his development. Putting him behind a senior citizen offensive line doesn't help.

Sorry juadam09 or any other Redskins fans, I really don't hate your team, I just don't know how they will ever be any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Redskins offense was way to conservative. The game wasn't as close as the score indicated.
    The same could be said for the Giants if the Redskins D could have caught any of the 4 passes Eli threw right at defenders hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Redskins are absolutely terrible, and I try to root for them. It's not even so much the players, it's the incompetent management led by their amateur owner who thinks he can make decisions, Daniel Snyder.
    I admit Snyder has had has fair share of mistakes, and I will admit I hated him at first. But he has grown on me lately and I dont think it is all his fault. Gibbs II not working our was not his fault, and he gave ALL power (including personnel) to Gibbs.

Ever year around DC I hear Redskins fans talking about how they're hopeful for next season, and I wonder, how do they do it? How do you continue to be the fan of a team with such incompetent management? Being a Redskins fan is the NFL equivalent to being a Clippers fan.
    Not even close. That comparison is a joke. The Redskins have made the playoffs and made noise in the playoffs. Have they won a SB? No. But that can be said for a lot of other NFL teams as well.

Sorry juadam09 or any other Redskins fans, I really don't hate your team, I just don't know how they will ever be any good.
    They will get good by getting help with time for the team to heal, and with fans who gave JC time to develop. Granted the line could use a lot of help (plus the secondary, but losing Sean Taylor doesn't help either). Like I said losing game ONE of 16 is not the end of the world.

Now if we get to the end of the year and this team is not 8-8 then I will have a different attitude (esp if clock management remains a issue). With a new coach, however, I would be perfectly happy with a 8-8 or 9-7 season. There are 32 teams in the league. Only 1 can win the SB. That doesn't make the other 31 owners a failure

So at the end of the day I am one of those fans you described. I am always looking for tomorrow to be a better day and I do think things will get better