Thread: 4 way trade proposal: Golden State, Houston, Chicago, and Indiana

Default 4 way trade proposal: Golden State, Houston, Chicago, and Indiana

Here is a neat trade idea I came up with......tell me what you think of it from each team's perspective:

Indiana trades Shawne Williams to Chicago
    Indiana trades Jamal Tinsley and Mike Dunleavy to Houston

Chicago trades Thabo Sefalosha, Tyrus Thomas, and Drew Gooden to Indiana.
    Chicago trades Joakim Noah to Houston

Houston trades Steve Francis, Luis Scola, Rafer Alston, and Shane Battier to Golden State.

Golden State trades Brandon Wright to Indiana.
    Golden State trades Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington to Chicago.

Why perhaps for Indiana: Indiana gets rid of Tinsley and his contract. We pick up a really good wing defender in Sefalosha, who I think starts for us replacing Dunleavy, even though he obviously isnt as good on offense. We pick up 2 really great prospects for our frontcourt in Wright and Thomas, although I am not personally all that high on Thomas. We also get a fairly large expiring contract in Drew Gooden to get cap relief or to use in a future deal if we so choose.

Why perhaps not for Indiana: We lose Dunleavy, one of the core players on our team and probably our second best player without getting an experienced replacement.

Why perhaps for Chicago: Chicago gets a potentially really quality offensive post player in Harrington, and a dynamic leader in Stephen Jackson. Harrington is a much better post threat than either Noah or Thomas. Thomas and Noah each have character concerns, and limited offensive games. Jackson is a replacement for Ben Gordon, who they can sign and trade somewhere for additional front court help now as a reward for doing this deal.

Why perhaps not for Chicago: Harrington and Jackson are somewhat risky attitude wise. Gooden isnt a very good player, but they are losing his expiring contract which may not be good for them.

Why perhaps for Houston: Dunleavy provides much more offense than Battier, and acquiring Ron Artest makes him even more expendable. They desperately want to move Alston due to his attitude. Moving Scola hurts, but moving him gives them the ability to re sign Carl Landry, and Noah is another cheaper replacement.

Why perhaps not for Houston: While Dunleavy is better than Battier, is he a better "fit"? Is losing both of Francis and Alston's baggage worth taking on Tinsley's?

Why perhaps for Golden State: They add a nice piece in the experienced and tough Scola to play inside, obtain Alston as a bridge to help them survive losing Ellis for a few weeks, and hope he excels in Nellie's scheme. Battier is an ultimate "glue guy" who most coaches love having. Francis is just a throw in to make the numbers work.

Why perhaps not for Golden State: Jackson, even though he is griping about his contract, in some ways is their true team leader, so losing him could hurt in the lockerroom....or maybe it helps, who knows? Wright has a lot of potential and it may be too early to give up on him.

Its a reasonable good trade I think for all the teams involved, although I like it best personally from the Pacers and Golden State point of view. What do you all think? Reasonable enough for the 4 teams to at least think about it?

Default Re: 4 way trade proposal: Golden State, Houston, Chicago, and Indiana

wow that must have taken some time to come up with this
    I like the trade and think it's fair for everybody... the only one I could see backing is Houston with Schola included. IMO management is higher on Luis than Landry. Still he could be replaced by a future first.

As you said the deal is really nice for Indiana as we get rid of bad apples and big contracts to get addtionnal cap relief and youngs with good potential for our front court. We may have a logjam here and become thin at the SG spot with Mike gone. However that would enable us to maybe trade a big for a real SG.

That makes me think of Ben Gordon sudently...
    Last edited by BKK; 09-01-2008 at 06:50 AM.

we get Luis Scola and Shane Battier instead of Tyrus Thomas and Drew Gooden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Powered by RealGM: Software Provider to NBA Teams
    • Step 1: Select the TeamsChoose at least two teams from the menus below to start your trade.
    • Step 2: Choose the PlayersSelect the players you wish to trade from the rosters below.
    • Step 3: Verify the TradeConfirm that your trade proposal is valid according to the NBA collective bargaining agreement.
    Successful Trade Scenario
    Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Indiana, Chicago, Houston and Golden State being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana, Chicago, Houston and Golden State had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
    Trade ID #4763124

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -7.4 ppg, +6.3 rpg, and -7.5 apg.

Incoming Players
    Thabo Sefolosha
    6-5 SG from Switzerland (Foreign)
    6.7 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.8 minutes
    Luis Scola
    6-9 PF from Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    10.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24.7 minutes
    Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke
    9.3 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.9 apg in 36.3 minutes
    Brandan Wright
    6-10 PF from North Carolina
    4.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 9.8 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Shawne Williams
    6-9 PF from Memphis
    6.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 14.9 minutes
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State
    11.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 8.4 apg in 33.2 minutes
    Mike Dunleavy
    6-8 SF / PF from Duke
    19.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.0 minutes

Chicago Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +6.4 ppg, -10.7 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

Incoming Players
    Shawne Williams
    6-9 PF from Memphis
    6.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.9 apg in 14.9 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SF / SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 4.1 apg in 39.1 minutes
    Al Harrington
    6-9 PF / SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
    13.6 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 27.0 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Thabo Sefolosha
    6-5 SG from Switzerland (Foreign)
    6.7 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 1.9 apg in 20.8 minutes
    Joakim Noah
    6-11 PF from Florida
    6.5 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 20.5 minutes
    Tyrus Thomas
    6-8 PF from LSU
    6.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18.0 minutes
    Drew Gooden
    6-9 PF from Kansas
    14.0 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.7 apg in 31.0 minutes

Houston Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -0.7 ppg, -2.9 rpg, and +1.5 apg.

Incoming Players
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State
    11.9 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 8.4 apg in 33.2 minutes
    Mike Dunleavy
    6-8 SF / PF from Duke
    19.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 3.5 apg in 36.0 minutes
    Joakim Noah
    6-11 PF from Florida
    6.5 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 20.5 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Steve Francis
    6-3 PG / SG from Maryland
    5.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.0 apg in 19.9 minutes
    Luis Scola
    6-9 PF from Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    10.3 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.3 apg in 24.7 minutes
    Rafer Alston
    6-2 PG from Frenso State
    13.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.3 apg in 34.1 minutes
    Shane Battier
    6-8 SF from Duke
    9.3 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 1.9 apg in 36.3 minutes

Golden State Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +1.7 ppg, +7.3 rpg, and +5.3 apg.

Incoming Players
    Tyrus Thomas
    6-8 PF from LSU
    6.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18.0 minutes
    Drew Gooden
    6-9 PF from Kansas
    14.0 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.7 apg in 31.0 minutes
    Steve Francis
    6-3 PG / SG from Maryland
    5.5 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 3.0 apg in 19.9 minutes
    Rafer Alston
    6-2 PG from Frenso State
    13.1 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.3 apg in 34.1 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Brandan Wright
    6-10 PF from North Carolina
    4.0 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 9.8 minutes
    Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SF / SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 4.1 apg in 39.1 minutes
    Al Harrington
    6-9 PF / SF from St. Patrick's (HS)
    13.6 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 27.0 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird1245 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is a neat trade idea I came up with......tell me what you think of it from each team's perspective:

Indiana trades Shawne Williams to Chicago
    Indiana trades Jamal Tinsley and Mike Dunleavy to Houston

Chicago trades Thabo Sefalosha, Tyrus Thomas, and Drew Gooden to Indiana.
    Chicago trades Joakim Noah to Houston

Houston trades Steve Francis, Luis Scola, Rafer Alston, and Shane Battier to Golden State.

Golden State trades Brandon Wright to Indiana.
    Golden State trades Stephen Jackson, Al Harrington to Chicago.

Its a reasonable good trade I think for all the teams involved, although I like it best personally from the Pacers and Golden State point of view. What do you all think? Reasonable enough for the 4 teams to at least think about it?

Just an awful trade for everyone involved except the Pacers. None of those other 3 teams have any need for this trade. Houston doesn't like Alston and his attitude, so the solution to make things better is Jamaal Tinsley (and his bigger, longer contract)? C'mon.
    Last edited by d_c; 09-01-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    Just an awful trade for everyone involved except the Pacers. None of those other 3 teams have any need for this trade. Houston doesn't like Alston and his attitude, so the solution to make things better is Jamaal Tinsley (and his bigger, longer contract)? C'mon.
    I agree
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    I agree
    I just read that proposal over again, and actually it's not as bad as I first thought but I still don't see the other 3 teams doing it.

Battier has been excellent for the Rox. Scola as well. Dunleavy would work nicely for them, but Battier has simply been a more proven player and he plays way better defense. And they want to win now with Yao/TMac still in their primes, so they'd rather go with that experience (Dunleavy/Noah with zero playoff experience). Then there's the part where they won't trade Alston's 2 years for Tinsley's 3.

For the Warriors, it's not horrible, but I just don't see this fitting in their plans. Brandan Wright is a young guy with a lot of talent. Scola and Battier are very good role players, but their prime years (now) don't coincide with the prime years of all the Warriors young guys. In the short run, they'd probably be about the same if they made that trade, but they'd lose young talent in the long run. It's just a not a practical trade for them to make.

For the Bulls, it's just flat out terrible. They wouldn't touch this trade. They're pretty much trading young for old, which is one of the golden rules you don't break. They're trading younger talent for older talent, and they're not getting rid of any bad contracts. Harrington and Jackson don't fit in with Rose (this is their major building block moving forward) in the long run because of the difference in age.

For the Pacers, it's highway robbery. You're trading Dunleavy (who plays the same position as Granger) for 3 good young players, 1 solid vet role player, getting rid of Tinsley's deal, and at the same time not taking a single bad contract.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    I just read that proposal over again, and actually it's not as bad as I first thought but I still don't see the other 3 teams doing it.

Battier has been excellent for the Rox. Scola as well. Dunleavy would work nicely for them, but Battier has simply been a more proven player and he plays way better defense. And they want to win now with Yao/TMac still in their primes, so they'd rather go with that experience (Dunleavy/Noah with zero playoff experience). Then there's the part where they won't trade Alston's 2 years for Tinsley's 3.

For the Warriors, it's not horrible, but I just don't see this fitting in their plans. Brandan Wright is a young guy with a lot of talent. Scola and Battier are very good role players, but their prime years (now) don't coincide with the prime years of all the Warriors young guys. In the short run, they'd probably be about the same if they made that trade, but they'd lose young talent in the long run. It's just a not a practical trade for them to make.

For the Bulls, it's just flat out terrible. They wouldn't touch this trade. They're pretty much trading young for old, which is one of the golden rules you don't break. They're trading younger talent for older talent, and they're not getting rid of any bad contracts. Harrington and Jackson don't fit in with Rose (this is their major building block moving forward) in the long run because of the difference in age.

For the Pacers, it's highway robbery. You're trading Dunleavy (who plays the same position as Granger) for 3 good young players, 1 solid vet role player, getting rid of Tinsley's deal, and at the same time not taking a single bad contract.

Besides the points you have already made, this is like a novelty trade that people sit around and make up for fun. (not that there is anything wrong with that but....). A trade of this magnitude is highly unlikely and very rarely, if ever, actually happens.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

This just strips any and all frontcourt depth that the Bulls have. They basically trade their entire frontcourt, minus Aaron Gray, for Harrington.