Thread: If the T-mac Trade happens when will it go down...?

Default If the T-mac Trade happens when will it go down...?

This is something I have really been thinking about. One of the most convincing trades I saw is the 3 way trade with us Orlando and Chicago. We Harrington to Chicago for their 3rd pick and Pippin. The 3rd pick might actually be more attractive combineed with Bender and Jones for T-mac. This way are not over loaded at the power forward spot having our old problem and they get some more talent immediantly. This actually seems to make sense and would confirm why we would possibly be talking to Chicago about the third pick becuase I can't see us using it.

Here is the one problem with all this. Bender can't be traded until 1 July. Wouldn't the magic want their pick beofore 1 July? I don't think they would want us drafting for them. So when would a trade go down? The middle of July?

We need the Olympics to start so so we got some more basketball. I am already missing it now that the Pistons have won!!!

Also, it could be an interesting Pacer Party at Pizza King of some of this stuff goes down.

Default Re: If the T-mac Trade happens when will it go down...?

lol yeah! it will go down before or on draft day!

Sports Logo

If the deal is big enough Benders BYC would not matter. For example if they did Bender, Al, Fred, Pollard for T-Mac and Howard it would be big enough to take on the BYC status of Bender.

If the deal is big enough Benders BYC would not matter. For example if they did Bender, Al, Fred, Pollard for T-Mac and Howard it would be big enough to take on the BYC status of Bender.
    How?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The draft pick a smoke screen.

It'll be in July.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

It'll be in July.
    When in July? Near the start, near the 15th, or towards the end?

What if we do the Al + Ron or Ron + whatever deal straight to Orlando?

If that is the deal, how soon would it go down? Before the Draft?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It'll be in July.
    When in July? Near the start, near the 15th, or towards the end?
    When is the first day FA signings/ trades are allowed? The fifteenth I think (admittedly, I haven't checked the calendar.)

If there's no pick involved, I'm pretty sure it *can't* be official until then.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

July 1st , offically you can talk to players
    July 16th you can sign players.

so you have about another month , would be the earliest but I doubt if you see it happen that quick

Probably sometime in mid July. We have 4 players that are BYC, JO, Foster, Ron, and Bender.

Since Walsh is indicating only two Pacers as principals the trade probably won't be big enough to cover a BYC player. If we happened to be including our #29 pick it would probably be announced at the college draft though.

Still, how are we going to get reassurances that TMac won't bolt after one year?

Still, how are we going to get reassurances that TMac won't bolt after one year?
    Regardless of how this all plays out maybe questions like the above are something we are just going to have to deal with as they come. The Pacers have played it pretty safe for a LONG time and I don't see any trophies.

The Pistons could've asked the same question and opted not to do the Rasheed deal. If so, they'd probably be watching the Pacers play the Lakers for the championship this week.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Probably sometime in mid July. We have 4 players that are BYC, JO, Foster, Ron, and Bender.

Since Walsh is indicating only two Pacers as principals the trade probably won't be big enough to cover a BYC player. If we happened to be including our #29 pick it would probably be announced at the college draft though.

Most of the BYC's we have expire in July so that's not really a problem , my problem is the same as your's , I am concerned about Tmac bolting after 1 year.

If Tmac will not agree to atleast a 3 year deal with us , I don't want him as a 1 year rental boy, sorry you just don't give up our talent for a 1 year rental.

If Tmac will not agree to atleast a 3 year deal with us , I don't want him as a 1 year rental boy, sorry you just don't give up our talent for a 1 year rental.
    He can't make a legal deal with us, that's why I'm wondering how the Pacers would get any assurance.

Mood

He can't make a legal deal with us, that's why I'm wondering how the Pacers would get any assurance.
    He has an out next year because of a player option, he'd just have to forfeit it to stay...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Mood

Intresting , I don't really know if it's worth getting a potential 1 year rental and giving up alot of talent to do it. No garauntee Tmac will bring us the Championship next year ethier. I guess maybe I am the only one who sees if the wind doesn't blow Tmac's way he is more than happy to move along to another team with ease.

I don't worry about this stuff. We're never gonna do this deal if they think he's gonne bolt next summer.

With that in mind, I'm going to keep on hoping we get him.

Things will be pretty the first year or so.

All the hype will be about the two super stars in JO and Tmac. Friends, teammates and the best duo in the league. The media will eat it up.

Then the honeymoon will end, and things will turn as ego's fly but no worry....by the time that happens Tmac will have already signed a 5-7 year deal.

When will it go down depends on a number of things, if draftpicks are involved, part or all of the deal will go down on draftnight.

A "sign" will be the Magic's behaviour up and until draftnight, if they keep the pick you can rest assured that TMac is gone, if they trade the pick away for (a) vet(s) then the likelyhood is he stays put.

On the other hand it would not suriprise me if a deal was already done or that the talk about TMac is a smokescreen for another blockbuster, either way the "silence" is deafening, you would expect that the TMac <> Magic talk would be splattered accross all over the place, yet it isn't.
    What happens with hte Lakers might also be a part of the talk.

TMac's statement that he would like Houston is certainly a smokescreen, but might lower the "price" a bit, after all they can "only" offer Franchise and I don't think that is what Orlando is looking for.
    Nor do I think Houston wants to part with Stevie.

Mobley and filler won't cut it.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!