Thread: Colts ?

Default Colts ?

I do not think the Colts have it together this year. I know it is only preseason, our Offensive Line is banged up & Peyton has yet to play but we look horrible. The best part of the preseason was our special teams. I think both Gray and J-Load need to be cut.
    I liked the play of the following players this preseason #40 Silva, Clint Sessions, & #42 Condren.
    On offense I feel like the coach in Rudy evaluting the practice squad players none of them were worth ******. I did enjoy Roby but he has trouble catching the ball last night & the first game against Washington. I think it will be interesting to what we do at RB. Keith/Hart/Rhodes? Who do you cut?

I know Peyton will be back and he is a Hall of Famer but will this offensive line give him the time to pass. I know we have had makeshift lines but Saturday was the glue. I think we will have a mediocre season (for us) via 10-6 or 9-7 but hopefully we gel at the right time in the playoffs.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts ?

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. I think this year we should be happy with 11-5 even though most Colts fans are going to go crazy if we do anything less than 13-3, which with a mediocre offensive line is basically impossible.

The offensive line, at the end of last season through this preseason, has been pathetically horrible to watch. Like I have said before the offensive line has been bad at the end of the regular season and the playoffs before but I have never seen that carry on into the next preseason even. BP better have something up his sleeve or this is going to be a bad season by our recent standards.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'ts the preseason, i always take it with a grain of salt. I remember a couple of years ago we lost all preseason games and looked like crap...guess what we did ? won the super bowl that year!

Right now its too early to tell but im pretty sure we'll be alright.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I agree with aero that we should never make too much of the pre-season when discussing the Colts. Their pre-season record over the past 5 years must be like 4-140.

That being said, this year will certainly be the toughest regular season test that we have ever had. The schedule is just an absolute b&tch. But as long is Manning is under center (whoever that may be), I think this team will find a way to win the South title. They always do.

Mood

It's official, Jonathan is the new Shade. Everyone remember Shade's "the sky is falling act" during the Super Bowl season? Jonathan is doing the same thing, except Shade waited until about game 5 of the regular season to fire it up. I'm just messing around J.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

The preseason doesn't show how this team really will be.

I'm not in panic mode yet.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

The O line is a legit worry, as it really sucked at times last year. But I'll wait for the regular season to start getting worked up over anything.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

I'm not worried.

We'll be aight. I was waiting for this post. Happens every year.

Johnathan,

You end your post with what really matters. Getting hot in the playoffs is all that really matters. I really doubt the colts miss the playoffs so it really comes down to hitting your stride at the right time. The defense is really strong and the pass attack might be as strong since stokely was here.

You maybe right however that we will have a poor pass protect line. If that is the case the colts can alter some things in order to buy Manning some time.

Remember the colts can still leave addai back to protect as well as do some play action passes mixed in with boot legs to give Manny some time.