Thread: The new guy with a trade idea

Default The new guy with a trade idea

Hey I have seen some interesting trade proposals on this screen before so I thought I would try one even if it would never happen I was thinking it would be interesting.

Houston--outgoing---

1. Shane Battier
    2. Rafer Alston

Indiana--outgoing--

1. Travis Diener
    2. Shawn Williams
    3. Jamal Tinsley

RealGM said it would work.

Battier and Dunleavy are best friends both were best men at eachothers weddings so i know Shane would be pumped to come play for Indiana. He is a solid defensive SF. You put him inside with Hibbert and Granger those are some long arms to defend. This could also allow Dunleavy to move into the 6th man role which a lot of you all think he would excel plus it would not put as much defensive pressure on him guarding the starting SG. Alston is fast and skip to my lou would be crowd pleasing but it might leave a defensive liability at PG but Jack I hear is pretty good even if he is really a SG.

Houston would take Diener and Williams expiring contracts and could make a run at lebron. They could use Tinsley if healthy to play along side Yao and McGrady and Artest. just thought hey would they heck. What do you guys think. Take it easy on me it was my first ever realgm trade.

"THE DOG"

Default Re: The new guy with a trade idea

I wouldn't trade Raefer Alston for Tinsley. Plus we wouldn't need him
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Not really beneficial to either side. This trade really duplicates what we have, and Houston would be losing out on consistency and solid defensive play in taking back Williams.

Wow. We'd get Battier? Heck yeah, we'd do it.

No reason Houston would, though.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Battier was a defensive player of the year candidate last year. The reason the Pacers would do this isd they immediately becoime a top defensive team with Granger, Rush and now Battier in the starting line up. You also have the luxury to bring Dun of the bench in the 6th man roll and become a more versatile team. Personally I think Houstons insentive is in the contracts. If they would not take on Tinsley I still would do it, but they would receive 2 expirings which as we know are very valuable plus they would have the year to evaluate Williams and see if he might be worth re signing.

I'd do it, even if we'd lose Travis. However, given Raefer's legal troubles, I'd think the front office would pass unless they could swing him somewhere else real quick.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Houston has no reason to do this. They want to be rid of Alston for the same reasons we want to be rid of Tinsley. For them there is no benefit here. Williams at this point is a complete wash. He hasn't shown anything on the floor that would make you take a gamble that he has it together off of it. And I highly doubt they would want to reunite Tins and Artest anyway. Besides, they want to put Artest and Battier on the floor together late in games. Between those two on the outside, and Yao in the middle, they should be the toughest team in the league to score on. I don't think they want to do anything to upset that. I like the idea of getting Battier though, but if Bird called and offered this they'd still be laughing two months from now.

OK I know this would never happen but I think this would be so cool.

outgoing---Jeff Foster, Shawn Williams and Travis Diener

incoming---Shane Battier and Luis Scola

Trade ID #4762054---successful

"The Dog"

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Battier is just the kinda guy L.Bird is wanting in this franchise. His relationship w/ Dunleavy would be a nice addition too. Thing is, I don't think Houston takes on Tinsley. If you look @ their roster, they too are in the mix for the 2010 signing period w/ only Yao & 1-2 small deals on the books past then. Battier is an exception to that, as he would still have 1 yr. left, & w/ him not starting now (due to Artest), maybe Houston would be open to moving him - for more cap room & a team need. Here are a few deals that might be more likely (all w/o Tinsley):

Incoming Players
    Carl Landrey (S&T)
    Shane Battier
    FOR....
    Outgoing Players
    Shawne Williams
    Travis Diener
    Rasho Nesterovic
    OR....
    Outgoing Players
    Shawne Williams
    Jeff Foster
    Marquis Daniels

Both deals could have tweaks (fillers/picks) made to them, but both get the 2 players I want from Houston, & both address the need of a b/u for Yao & cap space for Houston. I also think having 4 players (Granger/ Dunleavy/ Battier/ Rush) for 2 positions (SF/ SG) would not be good. Ilike the shooting & D of those 4, but not sure that would work.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Battier was a defensive player of the year candidate last year. The reason the Pacers would do this isd they immediately becoime a top defensive team with Granger, Rush and now Battier in the starting line up. You also have the luxury to bring Dun of the bench in the 6th man roll and become a more versatile team.
    I don't think there's any possible way the Pacers would pass it up. But Houston wouldn't touch it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think there's any possible way the Pacers would pass it up. But Houston wouldn't touch it.
    The other team(s) wouldn't touch 90% of the trade proposals made on this forum.