Thread: Hey Guys

Default Hey Guys

Well this is my first ever post on the Pacers board, but i have been reading most of your posts for a while now. I am a fan from Dallas, Texas and have purchased tickets for when they play the Mavs down here mainly because one of my cousins plays for you guys now. Mike Dunleavy is my 2nd cousin and his grandparents live down here in Fort Worth so I grew up playing basketball with him at their house. He is a great kid who always played when he was young. I know he got a bad wrap in Oakland about being stuck up and always pointing the finger at someone else. I can tell you first hand I know his family very well and they would never raise a kid that way. Oakland's fans are very fickle about who they route for basically because they only get their facts from media reports who always are extremely biased. Well it is nice meeting you guys and I am one of those people who will post like crazy. I have league pass so I follow every Pacers game down here and have been at least since Dunleavy arrived. I am sorry if that makes me a bandwagon fan, but I truly do love this board no matter who is playing for the Pacers!

Default Re: Hey Guys

Welcome. Any embarassing photos of Mike as a kid would be great
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Welcome aboard, you're not a bandwagon fan at all, you can't be a banwagon fan of a team that won 37 games last year.

Glad your here!!

That calls for a song.

[yt]SvphTqMvGWo[/yt]

hondog, welcome.

We're happy with Dunleavy. Seeing him performing consistently and well last season was a real bright spot in Indy.

There are two strong complaints about Mike that you'll hear here. The first is that he needs to play in the small forward position, and that belongs to Danny Granger. the second is his defense.

But we like Mike, and are hoping maybe to see him thrive in the 6th man role if and when Brandon Rush is ready to be our shooting guard.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Well unfortunately I would have to go through his grandfather for those which lets just say would take some coaxing to get. I will tell you he was pretty impressive with the basketball even when he was 5. His grandfather had this swimming pool that had a black floor and a waterfall. It was great it is a shame they sold that house. My father also was the athletic director at James Dunleavy's high school his freshman year before he moved. I think he just started at USC. I was closer to Mike then any of the brothers since we were the closest in age. I followed him at Duke throughout his entire college career. Here is the good news. He really did not start taking off until the NCAA championship game which he had the 18 points. It was like a light switch went on in his head after that. His confidence carried over to his junior year. You here a lot of people saying that he did not dominate games his junior year and relied on Jason Williams and Carlos Boozer to carry the team and he benefitted from having not to worry about being the focal point on the team. I can tell you that there were a numerous amount of games he dominated by himself in college. If you can find these games his junior year and watch them you will see what I mean....@ NC State, @ Wake Forest, ACC championship game against North Carolina, Maui Invitational (the whole tournament in which he was named MVP. the point is that when Mike starts getting confidence in himself he takes off. I honestly think he believes he can be a star in the league now based on his offensive numbers from last year. I think you will see a decrease in points per game this year my guess is around 16 per but you will see an increase in certain defensive numbers and even though he may not be the best defensive player on the team in terms of one on one numbers he is a very good team defender such as taking charges, understanding where to make someone drive into the teams best shot blocker. If you analyzed how he works you will all be impressed this year. Anyway I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you guys.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That calls for a song.

[yt]SvphTqMvGWo[/yt]

hondog, welcome.

We're happy with Dunleavy. Seeing him performing consistently and well last season was a real bright spot in Indy.

There are two strong complaints about Mike that you'll hear here. The first is that he needs to play in the small forward position, and that belongs to Danny Granger. the second is his defense.

But we like Mike, and are hoping maybe to see him thrive in the 6th man role if and when Brandon Rush is ready to be our shooting guard.
    Welcome as well. That's a funny video. Thanks for sharing. I've seen it before and had forgotten how funny it is.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, hehe....

He is my favorite player in the NBA if that tells you anything...

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Welcome jhondog28... As someone pointed out earlier, it is hard to be a band wagon fan of a team that is where we have been in the standings the last couple years.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74