Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Starts Saturday

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: College Football Starts Saturday

I can't believe Purdue lost. Still PSU should jump Oregon in the polls, at least I hope so.

Notre Dame plays Michigan State at Michigan State

Ball State Plays IU in Bloomington

The Auburn vs LSU game will be exciting

I believe this is the year Ball State gets IU. Many think this game will be a scoring fest but I feel the team that turns the ball over the least wins the game and Ball State has more experience at the skilled positions so I give them the nod.

I am taking Notre Dame to beat Michigan State at Michigan State. I am going to ride the wave till they lose. I really hope Notre Dame goes to USC undeafeted and beats them.

[QUOTE=Indy;776247]Yep, UNC is almost a certain bowl team out of the ACC. QUOTE]

I was very impressed with them going to Rutgers and beating the pants off them on their home turf. They look to be a bowl team right now but the season is so young. They need to stay healthy and keep improving.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ball State Plays IU in Bloomington

I believe this is the year Ball State gets IU. Many think this game will be a scoring fest but I feel the team that turns the ball over the least wins the game and Ball State has more experience at the skilled positions so I give them the nod.
    Two years ago, we had them wrapped up and on their way back to Bloomington with a loss. Up 17-0, then 23-7, and managed to squander the game away 24-23. Ugh....

It's only Wed. yet I'm already pumped about leaving to go down to IU friday night. If Nate can take care of the ball, and our defense stops Lewis from getting big running yards, then BSU should come out of there 4-0.

Such cockiness.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sorry?

When your QB has broken all most every school passing record, while sharing time as a freshman and only 3 games into his junior year, I think it's expected they can put up some points.

The BSU team that went down to Bloomington last year just flat out laid an egg. They just came off a rough game at Illinois. We didn't have Quale Lewis last year due to him tearing his ACL against Nebraska, a game that they should have won. Love dropped a pass off a slant route with nothing between him and the endzone other than a few white lines.

I just can't believe how much they freaking charge for tix, so I imagine I'll be in the tailgate lot listening to it.

We will be down there Friday night, and probably go to the IU-BSU women's vball game. That one, I don't have high expectations for. BSU sucks, but we hang out with some of the girls on the team so.....

EDIT: Oh, and I would hope for your sake that they get rid of Bill Lynch, and fast. He completely destroyed Ball State Football. Hoke has had to build the program up from the very bottom. Lynch led us to 21 straight losses.
    Last edited by Since86; 09-18-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Just curious, how much do they charge for tickets?

I think $39, that's what I've seen.

If your a student at BSU then you get in free when you show your ID. If you don't go to school here and with us, we will get you in free. We either pass back IDs or give you extras. General admission tickets are $10.

Plus it's $10 to park in the tailgate lots at IU and just $5 at BSU.

Ah ok. Student tickets for PSU are $27 a piece. Then again they are sold in season packages only and sell out in minutes. So worth the $200 though. Great times at the games. We are the number one student section for a reason.

If you dont get season tickets, your going to be spending top dollar to get into the student section. Michigan ticket sells for about $200. Hell my friend who made Blue Band is selling his tickets and he got $65 for the Oregon State game and another $65 for the Temple game this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Sorry?

When your QB has broken all most every school passing record, while sharing time as a freshman and only 3 games into his junior year, I think it's expected they can put up some points.
    Sounds like you could be talking about Lewis.

Anyways, I agree about Lynch, but I certainly don't think Ball State is the favorite in this game.

Last I heard the line was 3.5 in favor of IU. Considering that the home team gets 3 points, it's pretty much a toss up.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The IU/BSU game should be a good one, but I gotta go with the cream and crimson.

I'll be going to the game.
    It'll be my third IU football game I'm 1-1 so far. (Wisconsin and Ohio State)
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Its my third PSU game, so far they are 2-0 when im in attendance (Coastal Carolina and Oregon State) so I dont think it has anything to do with me.

We were really banking on Oregon State to be a lot better this year. Our first four games are a complete joke unfortunately. I dont think JoePa will let these guys have a let down game against Illinois. But I am very happy that games at home because there is less of a chance of a let down then. And yes I am looking right pass Temple. Im predicting 66 to 10 for Saturdays game.

I'm looking forward to the IU/BSU game. High scoring game for sure. I really like Lewis too. Hes a helluva athlete. Kid from BSU aint bad either. Not sure how much of the game I will see, but im sure i can catch a replay on Big Ten network.

Since 86 just go in the tailgate lot and look for tickets from IU Students before the game. They are notorious for tailgating and never going into the game. You should be able to find a reasonable ticket under 20. Just do not wear Ball State Gear when asking. Wear a long sleeve neutral white undershirt and then put on your BSU gear after you get the tickets.

45 to 3... I'm so ready for Illinois. We didnt score in the first quarter and still put up 31 in the first half. Offense was a bit sloppy at first, pulled it together in the second though. Defense was great all day.

All I wanted as a birthday gift was a win over Michigan State.........and this team is playing is absolute ****.

That was a nasty hit. I hope that Dante Love is ok. As soon as I saw/heard that hit I got a really bad feeling about it.

Quote Originally Posted by juadam09 View Post
    All I wanted as a birthday gift was a win over Michigan State.........and this team is playing is absolute ****.
    That's cause they suck.

Ball State has a good team and props to them but my god, IU is effing horrible. Our defense made BSU's oline look like the Dallas Cowboys line out there.

I wouldn't be altogether surprised to see IU finish 3-9 or 2-10. Big Ten teams will just continue to abuse that weak defensive front. MSU is going to rip us a new one next week....Ringer has to be salivating.

I was prepared to accept the possibility of losing to BSU this week, but not this way. Not getting absolutely manhandled in our own house. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
    Ball State has a good team and props to them but my god, IU is effing horrible. Our defense made BSU's oline look like the Dallas Cowboys line out there.

I wouldn't be altogether surprised to see IU finish 3-9 or 2-10. Big Ten teams will just continue to abuse that weak defensive front. MSU is going to rip us a new one next week....Ringer has to be salivating.

I was prepared to accept the possibility of losing to BSU this week, but not this way. Not getting absolutely manhandled in our own house. No way.
    Ditto the IU D and your call on their outlook for the season. I wanted to see them play a serious opponent before beginning to draw conclusions and it wasn't pretty. First off, let me say kudos to BSU. That's a very good team and I hope Love is okay!

I think you also have to address the offense's equal culpability in the disaster, too. This was a game that everyone knew would require the winnner to put up big points. IU's offense still only put up 13 pts minus the fumbler return TD. Despite the D's ineptness, they did produce to other turnovers (including the blocked punt early) that were not capitalized upon.

Ball State showed the perfect blueprint for success against IU's offense, which will likely be exposed as not much better than the D over the remainder of the year barring significant development.

-Limit big plays. Force Lewis to be a mid-range accuracy passer. Force IU to score on long, sustained drives with consistency. In scrambe situations try to contain Lewis in the pocket or limit his scrambles to moderate yardage. Focus on taking away the passing game.

The reasons the above will probably turn out to be successful:
    -Lewis will be exposed as the one-dimensional QB he is (especially his ability to read defenses, show patience, and make sound decisions).

-The obvious absence of Hardy in light of the mediocrity and inexperience of the WRs, no security blanket for Lewis, nobody who can consistently get open.

-The non-threatening running game, which most defenses can still control adequately even when stacking against the pass.

I've heard a lot about the increase in team speed and talent on the IU team this year. It won't make any difference if you get pushed around up front on D and can't get any QB pressure. They had the bye week to come up with a game plan, too. Same old same old so far.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I have no comment on that **** poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    Ditto the IU D and your call on their outlook for the season. I wanted to see them play a serious opponent before beginning to draw conclusions and it wasn't pretty. First off, let me say kudos to BSU. That's a very good team and I hope Love is okay!

I think you also have to address the offense's equal culpability in the disaster, too. This was a game that everyone knew would require the winnner to put up big points. IU's offense still only put up 13 pts minus the fumbler return TD. Despite the D's ineptness, they did produce to other turnovers (including the blocked punt early) that were not capitalized upon.

Ball State showed the perfect blueprint for success against IU's offense, which will likely be exposed as not much better than the D over the remainder of the year barring significant development.

-Limit big plays. Force Lewis to be a mid-range accuracy passer. Force IU to score on long, sustained drives with consistency. In scrambe situations try to contain Lewis in the pocket or limit his scrambles to moderate yardage. Focus on taking away the passing game.

The reasons the above will probably turn out to be successful:
    -Lewis will be exposed as the one-dimensional QB he is (especially his ability to read defenses, show patience, and make sound decisions).

-The obvious absence of Hardy in light of the mediocrity and inexperience of the WRs, no security blanket for Lewis, nobody who can consistently get open.

-The non-threatening running game, which most defenses can still control adequately even when stacking against the pass.

I've heard a lot about the increase in team speed and talent on the IU team this year. It won't make any difference if you get pushed around up front on D and can't get any QB pressure. They had the bye week to come up with a game plan, too. Same old same old so far.
    Oh I didn't mean to absolve the offense of any blame and I agree with you on Lewis. In a game where our defense was obviously outmatched, the offense had to step up and take a little pressure off by scoring points. Really our offense only scored 10 points last night....the other 10 points were the direct result of turnovers. That is just pathetic.

I also don't know why our defense sits back in a Cover 4 all the time. Davis was carving us up, switch to man defense and bring some pressure.

While there's plenty for IU fans to question in this game, and much props for BSU... the game doesn't really mean squat right now due to Love's injury. Has anyone heard an update on Love?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

INDIANAPOLIS -- Ball State receiver Dante Love is moving his arms and legs after undergoing a five-hour surgical procedure to stabilize a back fracture, school officials said Sunday.
    Love had surgery to stabilize a cervical spinal fracture and spinal cord injury after being injured early in the second quarter of Saturday night's 42-20 victory at Indiana.
    "We were told the surgery went well," team physician Dr. Jay Matchett said in statement release by the school. "Sunday morning Dante was alert and extremely tired. His attitude and spirits are good, and we are praying for him right now."
    Love, a senior, was hurt when Indiana cornerback Chris Adkins appeared to hit Love's helmet after Love made a short catch. The ball came loose and as Love fell to the ground, safety Nick Polk scooped up the fumble and ran 31 yards for a touchdown.
    Within seconds, Love was surrounded by doctors and coaches, and within minutes his teammates had dropped to a knee in prayer. After about 15 minutes, Love was strapped to a backboard, and lifted on to a golf cart. Doctors also removed his face mask and many of his teammates ran to the cart, offering encouragement before doctors motioned them to move.
    Love's parents ran behind the golf cart as it pulled off the field.
    Love was taken to Bloomington Hospital, then transferred to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. The hospital said he had been admitted to the critical care unit but had no updated information on his condition Sunday afternoon.
    The gravity of the injury was apparent in the postgame news conference when coach Brady Hoke made only an opening statement about the biggest win in school history -- Ball State's first against a BCS school -- before saying he had to leave for the hospital.
    "I'm going to be real brief because, obviously, I want to go see how Dante Love is doing," Hoke said after the game. "I appreciate you're understanding, but I'm going to go and go to the hospital, thanks."
    The school said Hoke spent the night at Methodist Hospital but issued no new statement from him.
    Love entered the game as the nation's leader in yards receiving per game (144.3).
    He had three catches for 27 yards Saturday and ranks second in school history in receptions (199), yards receiving (2,778) and is tied for fourth in TD receptions (20). Love also holds the Ball State record for kickoff return yards in a career (2,129) and is tied with Dante Ridgeway for the most 100-yard games in school history (11).
    Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3600875

It is good that he is moving. That is a nasty injury. I hope for a full recovery.