View Poll Results: Which game will you buy?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • NBA Live 09

4 13.33%
  • NBA 2k9

26 86.67%
  • NBA 09: The Inside

0 0%
  • other

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which NBA video game will you buy?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh ya.. The other thing I hated about 2k9 was it was way to easy to steal the ball... That's pretty much why I won when I played.. But I love the gameplay other then that... And live is too much arcadish.. And the jumping for rebounds and blocks on live sucks.
    I found it's a little more difficult to steal on Live this year.

Live, I still think the gameplay and player movement is more fluid. The players flow and move more realistically, and not like robots.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    I found it's a little more difficult to steal on Live this year.
    Ya, they call a lot of penalty's when you try..

I haven't played Live, but I'm thinking about renting it, just to get a glance to try and compare.

I don't mind 2k9 (PS3) The game play is pretty good.

I agree that steals and deflections are way too easy, but the reaction to a deflection is terrible in my opinion, you swipe or batted the ball away and then there's a hesistation to go after the ball.

My online experience has been hit or miss. I agree shooting the three is a little to easy. Not necessarily hitting, too many, but some players hitting threes on a regular basis that really shouldn't be.

This really comes into play online when you're playing some with the Lakers, Cavs, or Rockets. These teams are usually selected for Kobe, Lebron, McGrady, and are selected by the players who have mastered the 1 on 5 and just dribble and spin to the lane the majority of the time and then shooting the 3 once the player gets hot.

Besides those 3, I think the Suns are the other popular selection. Amare is pretty much unstoppable and there 3 point shooters are lights out from three... which is about the only team I expect to be.

Other then those for teams, the online experience is usually pretty fun.

It appears they finally fixed the errors where the game would freeze online and you couldn't even join a match.

All in all I still like the game, but I'm definitely curious how Live compares

The more I think about it, the more I lean towards 2k9... I just hope the online play gets better...

Having never played Next G Bball and allways played live on PC till 08, I must say I am impressed with 2K9 on the box.. the players look like real and the off ball plays are good..

The 3's in the game are killing me more then helping me, I have yet to shoot 10 3's a game but have been abused by othertimes that maybe shoulden't be shooting them as much as they are..

haven't played online yet but overall i'm impressed, the diving for looseballs is awesome to watch but i struggle to get many steals, maybe 5 a game and thats equal to 7-10 fouls...

I'm impressed and after my doube OT loss to the lakers last night still excited..

I might get Live09 when it's on special later this year but for now 2K9 works for me..

Overall it's impressive to me but i'm not comparing it to any real benchmark so that could hinder my objectivity

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Maybe you guys can answer a question for me. I've had NBA2K8 since it came out, but I've never played online. I'm a decent player and played various people in person. Yeserday I played online.

OMG!!

First of all, I could NEVER get the timing down on shooting. My percentage was in the upper %30 range for two of the three game I played. And I could never get steals. I'm triple or double team a guy in the post who just kept doing spins moves, etc, till he tossed the ball up..and it went in. VERY frustrating.

But that's not my biggest gripe/cause of concern.

Every time I missed a shot, the opponent would get a rebound, take two steps and whip it to the SG or SF, who would already be 3/4 court away for an easy one on none fast break. If I did have a guy close, it was simply a footrace I would always loose. I could never stop it.

Now, the two game where I got stomped, my opponent immediately made some type of coaching changes before the game started. The one close game I had, my opponent DIDn't do that. So.....

How are these guy getting these ridiculous fast breaks EVERY SINGLE REBOUND?

How should I be putting my settings so I can compete?

Other than my main question, what should I be doing to improve my online play? It plays totally different from in person. (Like when you dunk playing someone in person, they dunk. Playing someone on line, the dunker hesistates and plants his feet, giving the D time to block it.)

It was humiliating losing so badly, especially when the guy gets up by 20 points, then starts launching three pointers from about 10 past the three point arc and hitting.

Are there some kind of glithces or tricks I don't know about that I should?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Not having played online my comments may be off the mark, but i would think they are changing there offensive plays/Coaching to fastbreak ( MAX ).. so everytime on a rebound there guys are half way up the court as suggested...

Just another reason not to play online with guys you don't know, that would irk me so bad... dammm because thats not playing, thats padding stats to get wins..

Just got NBA2K9 today and have played three games. The low post game is a LOT better this year. I love that you can call bank shots and reverse layups. I can't make steals for jack and the timing on blocks is kinda tricky for me, although Shaq seems to do me up right in that department.

I always debate on getting updated games when you had the game from the previous year, but I gotta say, I think the gameplay is smoother than last year. Three sems to go in a bit too easy, compared to last year. Playing tighter D seems easier in terms of getting in a guy's face, but I keep having guys get by me. Alley-Opps seem harder, thank goodness. I'm pretty hyped about this year's game. Once I get more familiar, I'm going to have to play some of you guys online. My gamertag is "candisboy", if anyone is looking for a game down the road. I tend to play late afternoons and from about 9pm-11p.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

I am annoyed as heck, played me first online game today, was playing well, getting more blocks then i do playing season mode..

Managed to get up by six with a min to go and the poser leaves the game..

Dam I am annoyed...

I had the same problem as Skaut had before, the dude made a change as soon as the game started and was playing with like four defenders all game while one just loitered under the other hoop.. I managed to minimise the damage because i was scoring enough against his four-man defence..

But damm, I wanted that W for my stats and now i got sweet bugger all..

My annoyance of the day... might go back to COD4, rather have guys jump like spastics and shoot me with bigger guns with out me even seeing them then play 3 5/6 quarters to have some one just leave..

I’ve added ya skaut... hopefully get to play some time...

Just got 2k9

About to go up and ball it up

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I thought I saw somewhere that 2k9 might show up on PC. Of course, if it's like how Live was treated on PC, it will probably closely resemble a last-gen system's game than something belonging on the 360 or PS3......
    yup! Just found out that 2k9 is on the PC!

Anyone else having problems with the online 2k9 play?? Mine on the PS3 SUCKS!!! It lags like crazy in team play, sometimes lagging completely out.. Most times it takes forever just to get in a game.

It's a problem on the 360, too.

They're said to be working on it, and suggested a temp fix can be to simply not speak through your microphone (have it off) until after the game has started.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Loving the Live 365 feature on Live 09!

Finally! a NG Basketball game for my PC!

Played NBA2k9 a bit...but defense is frustrating...the computer is just abusing all my players down low. Any suggestions on how to play some D in this game?

I don't know about the PC version, but I couldn't do jack till I downloaded someone's version of sliders to make the game more realistic. (I played a trapping D and had Diop hit a three pointer on me....twice, before sliders.)

It seems the game really needs slider tweaking to get realistic play.

I have a lot of trouble playing D on this years version of 2k9. In fact, I'd say I suck at 2k9 so far, and many of you can vouch that I was no slouch on 2k8. I just can't get the hang of it.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I have a lot of trouble playing D on this years version of 2k9. In fact, I'd say I suck at 2k9 so far, and many of you can vouch that I was no slouch on 2k8. I just can't get the hang of it.

Been having the same problem dude.. starting to get the hang of it but then i guess my concentration lags and the cpu team dominates me for a few minutes and then the game is more or less over.
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

I'm starting to get the hang of it, but I felt like I was much better at 2k8 as well.

I have found they hit an abnormal amount of 3's, I just played the Hawks and Smith scorched me for 19 Points on 9-10 Shooting, Bibby went crazy as well and scored like 4-6 from 3 Land when i tryed to sag of and double team down low..

I wouldn't mind getting a copyof those sliders Skaut if you can remember the name of them

Quote Originally Posted by GO!!!!! View Post
    I have found they hit an abnormal amount of 3's, I just played the Hawks and Smith scorched me for 19 Points on 9-10 Shooting, Bibby went crazy as well and scored like 4-6 from 3 Land when i tryed to sag of and double team down low..

I wouldn't mind getting a copyof those sliders Skaut if you can remember the name of them
    Ya it can get kinda crazy. If you mess with them and experiment you can usually find a pretty realistic game play.. That's what i have done with mine.. It's much better to change the sliders.

I've changed my sliders using this guide...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...real-gets.html

it has gotten a bit better but i have to lower the success rates a bit more cause when i play 12min QTs the score is still around 140...

thanks for that like B, would it work for 6Min Quarts too ?

if you want realistice 12 mins stats from 6 min QTs...then maybe you might need to adjust it a bit more...? not sure...only tried it with 12 mins so far...

Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    I've changed my sliders using this guide...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...real-gets.html

it has gotten a bit better but i have to lower the success rates a bit more cause when i play 12min QTs the score is still around 140...
    Nice, thx, ill try it out.