View Poll Results: Which game will you buy?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • NBA Live 09

    4 13.33%
  • NBA 2k9

    26 86.67%
  • NBA 09: The Inside

    0 0%
  • other

    0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 127

Thread: Which NBA video game will you buy?

  1. #76
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    It's been delay after delay with the 360 demo.

  2. #77
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2K Sports Forum Admin
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to Microsoft, tt is projected to go up at tomorrow morning in the next batch of demo releases. Thanks.
    Just read that now. About damn time. I have tomorrow off, too.

  3. #78
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    its NBA 2K8.5.

    They added a bunch of new animations and some awesome presentation, but the core gameplay is %95 the same.

    It's slower and easier to block shots. That's about it.

    Most NBA 2K8 participants will be able to play this game well, right out of the box
    Last edited by Kstat; 10-02-2008 at 07:31 PM.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  4. #79
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Curious that you say it's slower. I recall reading somewhere that they were bumping the speed UP a tiny bit.

  5. #80
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,298

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious that you say it's slower. I recall reading somewhere that they were bumping the speed UP a tiny bit.
    I think you misread it. The reports were that they were going o slow the game down a bit to lessen the easy fast breaks.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  6. #81
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Second official trailer is out, I am so damn hyped for this game.

    Oh, and the fact that Jack is in the trailer don't hurt either.

  7. #82
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you misread it. The reports were that they were going o slow the game down a bit to lessen the easy fast breaks.
    No, we read different things. I distinctly remember reading about 2k8 being slightly too slow and that 2k9 was supposed to be back to 2k7 speed. All relatively minor differences.

    If it really is slower, I'm not sure how I will feel about it until I dive in. I liked last years speed.

  8. #83
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Just went to me local Store.. Due there on the 10th.. doubt i'll get the demo before then.. can't wait

    7 Sleeeps....


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  9. #84
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    I seen a couple of the brotherhood allready playing 2K9...

    updates please... two more days till i get my hands on a copy...


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  10. #85
    Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    498

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Ive been reading a bit about the games and I'm swinging towards 2k9. I'll prob pick my copy up next week.
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

  11. #86
    Raw Talent Robertmto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Nap
    Posts
    5,262
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    i have both, both of the gameplays kinda suck imo, 2k9 is better tho
    STARBURY

    08 and Beyond

  12. #87
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    I ended up getting 2k9. I like it. Crowd gets into it. I like the Blacktop feature. And it's like the frist game ever to say my first and last name properly. Pretty cool player/coaches graphics. I'm terrible at the game, but I'm getting better

  13. #88
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Got 2k9 on Friday and have played about 12 games.. like 4-8 or something shocking...

    Good Graphics and only having played live on the PC before, i must say 2K9 AI seems pretty impressive..

    but damm if i know how to stop the other team making three pointers... i gace up 96 points in one game, 6min Qrt Pro with Kirk Henrich scoring 33 on 7-9 Shooting from 3 point land..

    Enjoyable but frustrating....


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  14. #89
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Enjoyable but frustrating is how I feel about 2k9 right about now, too.

  15. #90
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Same. 2K9 seems to possess a few more specific flaws than 2K8 but the overall experience has improved.

  16. #91
    Thank you, Danny. Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,510

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfGbDIS5Bg4

    Yep, very frustrating. But still, Live can't be much better.

    EDIT: Never mind. I just found this. I'm happy with what I have, because it could be much worse.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=161fIV6tNeQ
    Last edited by Kuq_e_Zi91; 10-13-2008 at 09:00 AM.

  17. #92
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Live 09 is just impressive. The players don't seem "robotic" anymore. The plays are much more smooth, the training camp feature is nice.

    One thing I can't wait for is the Live 365 feature to be used fully. Since we are in the second week of preseason play, not much is going on.

  18. #93
    Thank you, Danny. Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,510

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Live 09 is just impressive. The players don't seem "robotic" anymore. The plays are much more smooth, the training camp feature is nice.

    One thing I can't wait for is the Live 365 feature to be used fully. Since we are in the second week of preseason play, not much is going on.
    Yeah, I liked the demo. I just figured I knew what I was getting with the 2k series so I chose that one. I'm seriously considering getting Live now though.

    One issue I had with the Live demo was that when you jumped to block a shot, they wouldn't necessarily jump in the right direction or towards the player. This happened sometimes during rebounds too. Is that fixed in the full game?

  19. #94
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I liked the demo. I just figured I knew what I was getting with the 2k series so I chose that one. I'm seriously considering getting Live now though.

    One issue I had with the Live demo was that when you jumped to block a shot, they wouldn't necessarily jump in the right direction or towards the player. This happened sometimes during rebounds too. Is that fixed in the full game?
    I don't block much, my defense doesn't let many plays get in the paint. But when I block, they are most of the time on target, or late. I played the demo and I did notice that problem. I went through the run defense drill, and it took me a few times to get the hang of the new controls, but it seems like the blocking issue was fixed.

    Also:
    My brother, who doesn't buy or play sports games, downloaded the demo and bought it tonight he thought it was so good. He is very picky and critical of his games he plays, since that is all he does.

  20. #95
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,171

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    I've been playing 2K9 on the PS3

    After some downtime and major online issues, I've been able to get some online games in.

    I only play as the Pacers, and though I haven't won many, it feels so good when I do win.

    For one the team isn't rated very high, Secondly, anybody can win with Boston, or Kobe or Lebron driving all day, so it means more to win against my team, knowing the opponent thinks they're going to blow me out once I select the Pacers

  21. #96
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,501

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Does anyone else have a bit of a framerate issue with 2k9 on the 360? I doubt it's my system since I'm running on an elite that functions perfectly everywhere else. It's sort of frustrating.

    Also, I thought they fixed the NBA player's missing easy layups issue?

    I'd say it's good, but it's still extremely disappointing.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. #97
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Still having a great time with Live 09. Still waiting for the Live 365 update, though.

  23. #98
    Edge of Reason GO!!!!!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Launceston, Australia
    Posts
    3,783

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    I agree with the dam lay up problem and it gives me the you know what’s, especially when it's a close late game and you run your signature pick and roll..

    But i thought the game did it on purpose, if you did a lay up like ten times in a row you start missing them.. maybe it's just me...


    Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...


  24. #99
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Ok.. I was trying to read all of it.. but my question just itched too bad.. Haha.. Ok so I have played both.. I like the gameplay much better on 2k9.. BUT the aspects and extra stuff (including online play) are MUCH better on live...

    One thing I HATE... absolutely HATE is that on 2k9, you can pretty much nail a three anytime you want... I played a game online and the guy I was against used McGrady like the whole time, and was like 30-35 from 3's... And I was like 25-27 with Raja Bell... That is just something I don't think I can deal with.. It takes away all the fun, because I had to start just throwing up three's just to compete, instead of running up and down getting layups like I wanted to. (I won btw. )That is the big leaner that is making me shift to getting live this year.. and also that the online play for 2k9 sucks. At least on PS3.

    Oh ya.. The other thing I hated about 2k9 was it was way to easy to steal the ball... That's pretty much why I won when I played.. But I love the gameplay other then that... And live is too much arcadish.. And the jumping for rebounds and blocks on live sucks.

    EDIT: Im just trying to compare and contrast the games... see which is better.. Its just very dissapointing to me that they can't just come together to make the perfect video game.. Because what one has, the other doesn't.. Basically all NBA Live needs is good, realistic gameplay.. Which is why everyone buys 2k9.. That's really the only upper hand 2k has on live.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 10-21-2008 at 01:36 PM.

  25. #100
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Which NBA video game will you buy?

    Now that you guys have played a while.. what are your thoughts?

Similar Threads

  1. Official Summer League Thread
    By LG33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 448
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 04:50 PM
  2. The PD NBA Best Pick Left in the Draft 2
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 09:42 PM
  3. The PD NBA Draft - Selection #2 - Miami
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-24-2008, 03:31 PM
  4. Closing out the season
    By Anthem in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 11:12 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •