It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacer Pre-seaon in Ft. Wayne

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/prese...ne_080821.html

Conrad Brunner?

Preseason includes trip to Fort Wayne

Pacers News Release | Aug. 21, 2008
    The Indiana Pacers will travel to Fort Wayne, Ind., to play a preseason game against the Chicago Bulls at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum, Friday, Oct. 10 at 7:00 p.m. The Pacers last played a game in Fort Wayne back in 1998 when they faced the Toronto Raptors in a preseason game.
    Return to original home tips off Pacers' preseason schedule

“As part of the great basketball heritage here in the state of Indiana, we are excited to play a game in Fort Wayne,” said Rick Fuson, Pacers Sports & Entertainment’s Chief Operating Officer. “This is a great opportunity to partner with our NBA D-League affiliate the Fort Wayne Mad Ants to further that strong tradition.”
    "We are unbelievably excited that the Indiana Pacers have decided to include Fort Wayne in their preseason schedule,” added Jeff Potter, President of the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. “This is a special opportunity for our town to see the very best basketball in the world, and we are so pleased that we could play a small part in bringing it to Fort Wayne."
    Pacers Season Ticket Holders will be given the opportunity to receive tickets for the game; and Mad Ants Season Ticket Holders should contact the Mad Ants Ticket Department. Remaining tickets will be priced at $85, $35, $20 and $10 and will be available starting on Sept. 8 at the Conseco Fieldhouse Box Office, the Mad Ants Front Office, the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations, by phone at (317) 239-5151 or online at Pacers.com or Ticketmaster.com.
    "We are pleased to have the Pacers returning to the Memorial Coliseum,” stated Randy Brown, General Manager of the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. “This is a perfect opportunity for the people living in Northeast Indiana and Western Ohio to experience NBA basketball.”
    Fort Wayne and the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum are home to the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, the Pacers’ affiliation in the NBA Development League. The Mad Ants and new Head Coach Jaren Jackson tip off their regular season Friday, Nov. 28 against the Erie BayHawks.
    So those who have been where are the $85 tickets? I want to get close and see the young guys.

Default Re: Pacer Pre-seaon in Ft. Wayne

We have had some posters talk about the lack of Pacers radio coverage in Ft. Wayne. I wonder if this (long overdue) pre-season game is an indication of the team starting to show more attention to the state outside of I-465.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Three years ago I could only find a station in Decataur. Since then I just use a link online.

Interesting. I thought they always played a game in Ft. Wayne.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. I thought they always played a game in Ft. Wayne.
    Nope.

Ugh, if it weren't that far of a drive, I'd be all for it!

View Larger Map

And you call yourself a fan, Dukie?!

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER