Indiana gets:
    Nick Collison

Oklahoma City gets:
    Al Harrington

Golden State gets:
    Jamaal Tinsley
    Shawne Williams
    Johan Petro

Gives OKC a huge expiring in AL. Indiana trades a three year deal for a three year deal of a solid PF. GSW get Tinsley at PG, and two young guys to add to their core.

Default Re: OKC-GSW

Make it so!

pretty good deal IMO, basically Collison for Jamaal and Shawne, doesn't upset me at all and overall a fair deal for everybody. Collison just had a solid season averaging almost 10 and 10 in the western conf... I just don't really know what his defensive ability looks like and if he can still improve

EDIT: asking for Wilcox would be too much?

If Marcus Williams injured himself tommorow and was out for the season, the Warriors STILL wouldn't trade for Tinsley.

And not to mention OKC wouldn't even trade Collison for Harrington.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah those were my thoughts too DC. I think that OKC would be hard pressed to get rid of Collison for an expiring because he is the only good big man they have that isnt named wilcox. Plus they don't love wilcox, he is just the best front court guy they have. They like his expiring more than anything.

I would actually prefer Wilcox back in this deal. I think Nelson would take a chance on Tinsley. Especially if Marcus Williams is as bad as he has been in NJ. Losing Ellis for three months would mean they have NO shot at the playoffs. So do they just flush the season get a good pick and get their young guys more PT?

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would actually prefer Wilcox back in this deal. I think Nelson would take a chance on Tinsley. Especially if Marcus Williams is as bad as he has been in NJ. Losing Ellis for three months would mean they have NO shot at the playoffs. So do they just flush the season get a good pick and get their young guys more PT?
    The Warriors probably weren't going to make the playoffs anyways once Baron opted out and the team decided not to pay him what he wanted.

Short of replacing him with a Brand/Arenas all-star caliber player, they were unlikely to make the playoffs anyways, which is why $50M for Maggette was such an idiotic idea.

There is really no panic move right now that could possibly make the team better. The season is probably down the toilet anyways and they went from a 35 win team to a 25 win team. Don't try too hard to win in the NBA when you really don't have much of a chance. Tinsley is not going to be the difference between missing/making the playoffs.