Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Oil Stadium Open House Tour

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Lucas Oil Stadium Open House Tour

Is anyone going to the Lucas Oil Stadium Tour this weekend?

If so, can you post some pictures here afterward so us out-of-towners can gawk at them.

A nice review would be appreciated too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Default Re: Lucas Oil Stadium Open House Tour

I wish I was going. I'll be there next month for the Kenny Chesney concert though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2007 Super Bowl XLI Champions!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey, it turns out I'll be in Indianapolis tomorrow. Does anyone have any extra tickets they won't be using?
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'll be going. Saturday at 6:30 PM.

Mood

ill be going with my family and a few co-workers at the 2pm tour. Wish i could have got the later tour tickets...ah well.

I will be taking all kinds of pictures thats for sure.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Mood

I don't have any extra tix, and posting pictures of Lucas Oil is a sore spot for our server host so I'll be happy to e-mail you some if you're not able to make it, but won't post any. I'm not sure of the gory details of the whole thing but I think able had a HUGE bandwidth charge when some pics got posted of The Luke during construction. Some folks shared the link and it snowballed.

Just upload them to http://www.imageshack.us and post the link.

I have a couple, but they're on my phone and no real way of getting them off. I do have a few that I will have digitally in a few days. Perfect time for my digital camera to break, three days before the tour. >.<

Mood

I had my camera set on like...3.1 megapixels for some reason so they aren't the best quality..and im not a pro...so yeah here are some of the pictures i took. I wont post the ones with me in them because most turned out blurry...im not model Its a new camera, got it about 4 days ago..the date is off by a day. Its since been fixed.

[click the thumbnail to make the image larger]

I took more...but these were the decent pics...again im no pro
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ill upload some in just a min.. i messed up the first time..
    EDIT: Ok finally got everything ready and good to go...

Stadium outside

Colts locker room

Field

Alternate view of outside

Sorry i dont have more..These are just a few pics from my camera phone... Ya, my camera phone is amazing.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 08-16-2008 at 09:00 PM.

I couldn't believe how crowded it was. I knew there were a lot of tix out there, but they should've opened up more parts of the stadium, so the concourse wouldn't have been so crazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMltKsoDwe8&NR=1
    press pause on the second slow-mo replay around 0:12 mark

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I couldn't believe how crowded it was. I knew there were a lot of tix out there, but they should've opened up more parts of the stadium, so the concourse wouldn't have been so crazy
    OMFG THIS. The complete lack of ability to take two consecutive steps really ruined the whole thing for me. And the fact that most of the levels weren't open only fueled my rage.

Mood

yeah i like how they said you could go in to the Colts locker room but it tuns out they would only let you walk by it with the door open.....riiigghhhtttt....
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Looks like we had a pretty good set up for the construction workers party. It was packed, but not to the level that the public showings were. Hopefully soon, naptown_seth will have some photos. They were pretty lax with actually going onto the field and sprawling out. They also gave us admission into the Colts locker room where they had the Vince Lombardi trophy there inside. It was a good show indeed.

As for what Travmil mentioned, yeah...there was an issue with the pictures that I had taken during the construction. The construction managment company that built the stadium was very tight with any media images of the stadium, so at the time...my pictures were the only somewhat public images that were available of the inside of the stadium. Word of mouth of the construction photos being on this site spread like wildfire. In the end, our gracious host had taken a beating financially due to the bandwidth that was used to see the "only public photos" of the stadium.
    Last edited by Roaming Gnome; 08-17-2008 at 06:55 PM.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    OMFG THIS. The complete lack of ability to take two consecutive steps really ruined the whole thing for me. And the fact that most of the levels weren't open only fueled my rage.
    Seriously... That was just ridiculous... it took an hour just to go see one little part... and you only had 2 hours..

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    yeah i like how they said you could go in to the Colts locker room but it tuns out they would only let you walk by it with the door open.....riiigghhhtttt....
    Ya, that was so gay... I really thought we were gonna be able to walk around in it and everything

Honestly, seeing video of people during the construction party kicking field goals and screwing around on the field just made me more pissed when I saw that they had the whole thing roped off.

Mood

I wanted to go inside the colts locker room to take just one picture..couldn't do it...that sucked
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

teY dennaB toN

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    Looks like we had a pretty good set up for the construction workers party. It was packed, but not to the level that the public showings were. Hopefully soon, naptown_seth will have some photos. They were pretty lax with actually going onto the field and sprawling out. They also gave us admission into the Colts locker room where they had the Vince Lombardi trophy there inside. It was a good show indeed.

As for what Travmil mentioned, yeah...there was an issue with the pictures that I had taken during the construction. The construction managment company that built the stadium was very tight with any media images of the stadium, so at the time...my pictures were the only somewhat public images that were available of the inside of the stadium. Word of mouth of the construction photos being on this site spread like wildfire. In the end, our gracious host had taken a beating financially due to the bandwidth that was used to see the "only public photos" of the stadium.

I kind of thought that might be the case. I had a few friends forward me emails of "New Stadium Pictures!!", which all ended up being your pictures. It was kind of funny.

I find it funny, some of you are complaining about a free tour. - What didn't you get your money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I find it funny, some of you are complaining about a free tour. - What didn't you get your money's worth.
    I've been on plenty of free tours in the past that were more organized, spacious, and those places didn't hold 63,000.

It was still nice to see, but if I knew then what I knew now... I probably would've just waited until the season started b/c most of my time was spent on the concourse trying to figure out where to go, and I can do that during the game.

Walking on the sidelines, in the endzone, and by the locker the last 30 minutes keep me from being extremely disappointed

Well, keep in mind, I doubt the concourse is meant to have anywhere close to 63,000. Usually a vast majority will be in their seats or going/coming to them. On these things, you don't get that. It was crowded Monday, but it sounds like it was worse for you guys.

Hopefully Seth will have some pictures soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    You must not be from around here. I pay for that tour every time I go out to eat or stay in a hotel, ride in a taxi, etc, etc, etc. So no, I didn't get my money's worth.

And the people that paid 25 bucks a pop for these tickets on eBay, I bet they're

The new stadium looks very nice. I just wish Irsay would have fit more of the bill. He pays 1 million for a superbowl, we never got (2011). I know Jerry Jones paid more money than him for his new stadium. I do not like the fact the Irsay's expect the taxpayers to float the bill when they (Irsays) will profit the most of this stadium.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The new stadium looks very nice. I just wish Irsay would have fit more of the bill. He pays 1 million for a superbowl, we never got (2011). I know Jerry Jones paid more money than him for his new stadium. I do not like the fact the Irsay's expect the taxpayers to float the bill when they (Irsays) will profit the most of this stadium.
    Taxpayers getting the hose is the price you pay to play in the Major Leagues. If you are not willing to pay as a community, another community will show just how willing they are to foot the bill. It's not right, it's not fair...but, that's the way it is! Just ask anyone from Seattle or Oklahoma City. There are a slew of politicians and fans that thought their city's team didn't deserve a new stadium....only to build one AFTER their team moves.

IMHO!!!!
    Personally, I'm glad Indianapolis didn't play this game of Russian Rullet with 5 bullets in the chaimber and one empty.

In the grand scheme of things, only having to ante up an extra penny on the dollar for pre-pared food or shelling out more for that occasional rental car as a resident is chump change for this stadium. It almost amounts to a "voluntary tax"....almost.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

The community benefits from having 8 home games a year, in addition to all the convention space we will have at the end of this. Plus having a professional football team is a huge part of trying to build a reputation for the city.