Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41

Thread: Harrison PO'd at Star

  1. #1
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Harrison PO'd at Star

    http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1058/SPORTS03


    Look who's talking: Harrison
    Colts' quiet star speaks but offers little insight
    By Mike Chappell
    Posted: August 20, 2008


    Marvin Harrison, the Indianapolis Colts' reticent receiver, broke his silence Tuesday afternoon, but offered little personal insight into his return from knee problems or any other Marvin-related matters.

    Speaking to the local media for the first time since the Colts' Jan. 13 divisional playoff loss to San Diego -- and speaking only to The Star -- Harrison made it clear from the outset there wasn't much he cared to share.
    Advertisement

    A Colts official ended the interview when Harrison was asked about an April 29 shooting in his hometown of Philadelphia that involved a gun he owned.

    Before that, Harrison was asked about football. He said he had no comment when asked whether the recent camp in Terre Haute was normal for him. He offered no opinion on whether he is back to where he was before an injury to his left knee forced him to miss 11 games last season.

    "I mean, have you been in Terre Haute watching practice?" Harrison said. "You can write what you see. That's the best way I can tell you."

    Informed that Colts fans might prefer to hear Harrison's assessment, he said, "You all seem to know more about it . . . you all write what you see. That way I won't have a comment."

    Harrison indicated he has been upset with some of what has been written about him. It was mentioned he has had some engaging discussions with the media during previous training camps.

    "Oh, yes, we have," Harrison said. "Then sometimes you walk out with that knife in your back sometimes.

    "I'll just say nothing. There will be better days down the line, but I have nothing right now."
    Call Star reporter Mike Chappell at (317) 444-6830.

    __________________________________________________ ____________________


    WTF is up with this? Marvin sure can be a strange guy sometimes. Lighten up Marvin, you get paid a bajillion dollars a year to play football. If you would actually answer a question straight up for once instead of beating around the bush about it and giving strange one word answers, then I think there would be a lot less whispering about your condition. God forbid reporters or fans try to find out what is wrong with the teams HOF receiver.

    I thought players had to make themselves available to the media at least sometimes?

    I used to think Harrison was just a quiet guy, but the more I read about him the more I think that he is a prima donna in the opposite way of a TO or Ocho Cinco.

    I just don't get why Harrison has to be so consistently standoffish.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 08-21-2008 at 02:34 AM.

  2. #2
    Never Quit. Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Wow. Sounds like you're really overreacting. Why are you so upset about this?

    You act like you wouldn't get tired of having the exact same questions asked for 6+ months straight. Give the guy a break. If he's healthy and ready to go, he'll be on the field. That's all there is to it.

  3. #3
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Sometimes I feel like this Colts team for all their success still feels extremely unapproachable. I don't know why. The parade immediately after the Super Bowl being the exception.
    Harrison is sort of a prima donna Peyton has admitted as much when he says Marvin will always let him know when he doesn't think he is getting the ball enough. He's just so quiet about it, it's not in your face like Chad Johnson or TO. Which is nice for our chemistry.

    I don't know, when I look back on these Colts, I think I might remember Harrison as possibly the most talented of the whole bunch, but he definitely won't be the first face that pops into my head. We really don't know him that well, and I think his HOF induction ceremony is just gonna be kind of awkward for everyone involved. I'm not sure what kind of speech he is gonna give.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  4. #4
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. Sounds like you're really overreacting. Why are you so upset about this?

    You act like you wouldn't get tired of having the exact same questions asked for 6+ months straight. Give the guy a break. If he's healthy and ready to go, he'll be on the field. That's all there is to it.
    It's an occupational hazard. Ask JO about it. When you get injured, especially a major injury like Marvin had, you need to expect to get questioned about it until you show you are back up to speed. It's just the way it is. If Marvin doesn't like it then he should just be 100% quiet, and really just let his play do the talking. Saying something like this is just gonna tick the media off even more, and possibly fuel the fire that Marvin isn't quite ready to go.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. #5
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow. Sounds like you're really overreacting. Why are you so upset about this?

    You act like you wouldn't get tired of having the exact same questions asked for 6+ months straight. Give the guy a break. If he's healthy and ready to go, he'll be on the field. That's all there is to it.
    But that's my point. Harrison brings a lot of this on himself by always avoiding questions/reporters. If Harrison would just say something like "The knee is doing better and I'm doing everything I can to get back on the field and produce at a high level" then I think people would back off. But when he gives condescending answers and dodges questions he is opening up more cans of worms.

    And you implying that he is mad because people have asked the same questions for 6 straight months would carry more weight if Harrison had ever actually talked to the media in the years before the injury. But he didn't. I mean, you can probably count on one hand (missing fingers) the times that Harrison has actually given straight forward answers to the media. Some may call it quiet, I call it standoffish.

    The fans are the reason these players make millions. If we aren't going to games or buying team merchandise, then there is no money available to pay someone like Harrison their millions. The media is the only way for us to get information about the team. Therefore, I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect some non-condescending answers from those involved with the team. Really, would it kill Harrison to just say something like "I'm trying hard to get back to my previous level, the knee held up OK during training camp."

  6. #6
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,115

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But that's my point. Harrison brings a lot of this on himself by always avoiding questions/reporters. If Harrison would just say something like "The knee is doing better and I'm doing everything I can to get back on the field and produce at a high level" then I think people would back off. But when he gives condescending answers and dodges questions he is opening up more cans of worms.

    And you implying that he is mad because people have asked the same questions for 6 straight months would carry more weight if Harrison had ever actually talked to the media in the years before the injury. But he didn't. I mean, you can probably count on one hand (missing fingers) the times that Harrison has actually given straight forward answers to the media. Some may call it quiet, I call it standoffish.

    The fans are the reason these players make millions. If we aren't going to games or buying team merchandise, then there is no money available to pay someone like Harrison their millions. The media is the only way for us to get information about the team. Therefore, I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect some non-condescending answers from those involved with the team. Really, would it kill Harrison to just say something like "I'm trying hard to get back to my previous level, the knee held up OK during training camp."

    I have a slightly different take... Why did he bother with this 'breaking of silence' anyway? If you're going to talk, then talk (openly). Otherwise, keep up the silent treatment or just say "no comment".

    Even if he's pi$$ed, address it head-on instead of odd, weird comments that really only reflect bad on him (if he can't elaborate or put them in context).

    I've noticed Marvin getting more odd over the years. I'm not sure what to make of it.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  7. #7

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Marvin's really putting a tarnish on his legacy as a Colt. Some he brought on himself, some he didn't. I imagine the part he didn't has left a bad taste in his mouth.

    I don't know what professional athletes expect when it comes to media treatment. The good outlets do their jobs, no matter how it makes the players look. Trust me, they don't give a flying flock about what Marvin thinks about them. If he wants to clam up, that'll be reported and he'll look like a jerkoff, which is what happened here.

    Fans used to think of him as the quirky, quiet type. Well, the cat's out of the bag now, eh? It's really unfortunate. I prefer the strong, silent type.

  8. #8
    Never Quit. Coop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,091

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    LOL at Marvin getting aggrivated with reporters for the 1st time in 12 seasons, and now his legacy is tarnished.

    I just don't feel like he should have an obligation to make sure fans know every single thing about his recovery from an injury. It's his business, and if he doesn't feel like informing everyone, then that's fine. It doesn't make him arrogant, and it sure as hell doesn't take away from his legacy as one of the best WR's of all time.

    For the past 12 years, it's obvious that he isn't a person that likes to be the center of attention. I don't see how anything here makes him a prima donna.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,317

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    What's funny is Chappy was there EVERYDAY doing his job. It's not like some one day stint from King, Clayton, or the NFL network wasting one day in THaute. Marvin must have really irked Chappell and I'll side with the reporter on this one.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  10. #10
    streets ahead
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    DC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,754

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really don't know him that well, and I think his HOF induction ceremony is just gonna be kind of awkward for everyone involved. I'm not sure what kind of speech he is gonna give.

    "Things change. This is how I live my life. Let's please move on. Thank you."
    This is the darkest timeline.

  11. #11
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL at Marvin getting aggrivated with reporters for the 1st time in 12 seasons, and now his legacy is tarnished.

    I just don't feel like he should have an obligation to make sure fans know every single thing about his recovery from an injury. It's his business, and if he doesn't feel like informing everyone, then that's fine. It doesn't make him arrogant, and it sure as hell doesn't take away from his legacy as one of the best WR's of all time.

    For the past 12 years, it's obvious that he isn't a person that likes to be the center of attention. I don't see how anything here makes him a prima donna.
    No one said we have to know "everything" about the injury. All I'm asking is that Marvin give a non-condescending answer when asked about it. That would be better for the fans and better for Marvin, because then I think the media would back off a little. Just say something like "The knee is doing better, and I'm doing everything I can to be 100% this year." That certainly isn't telling us "everything", but it's at least acknowledging the question and giving a legitimate answer.

    But when you say "you write what you can see, that's the best way I can tell you", well..that's just being an unnecessary a-hole in my opinion. That's not being a quiet, reserved guy.....that's being a pompous, standoffish one. Chappel seems to be a good guy and was just doing his job.

    You don't have to be loud like TO or Ocho Cinco to be a prima donna. I think Marv is a prima donna in the opposite way of those guys.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    For the love of god, who cares? Marvin has always disliked talking to people. I will always think of him as a great football player, and that's all I need to know. Tarnished? Please.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  13. #13
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the love of god, who cares? Marvin has always disliked talking to people. I will always think of him as a great football player, and that's all I need to know. Tarnished? Please.

    Judging by the comments here, the comments on other Colts forums, and the comments posted under the actual article; plenty of people care. I see a trend of more and more fans growing tired of Harrison's standoffish behavior

    I love him as a football player. I hope he gets 1200 yds and 12 touchdowns for the Colts this year. But that doesn't change the fact that he is aloof and standoffish.

  14. #14
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    I really just don't care. And we occasionally hear stories about how Peyton is high-maintenance and sometimes sort of a jerk too, you know, if we're going to be nitpicking the personalities of future HOF'ers.

    I've never really thought of these Colts of the past few years as unapproachable. Marvin's a little quiet, sure, but Tony D., Peyton, Dwight, Bob, Reggie, Joe, etc.? All of them strike me as pretty gregarious and friendly. (Granted I've never met any of them.)
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  15. #15
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    I think this is completely blown out of proportion.

    For me, this is all I need to know:
    Harrison indicated he has been upset with some of what has been written about him. It was mentioned he has had some engaging discussions with the media during previous training camps.

    "Oh, yes, we have," Harrison said. "Then sometimes you walk out with that knife in your back sometimes.
    To me, it indicates that he has openned up in the past to the media and he felt like they went opposite of it and "stabbed him in the back."

    If you have an already bad relationship with someone, or an organization, but have to be available to them due to your job description, are you really going to go out of your way to be friendly, open, and 100% honest? I know I wouldn't. If I felt slighted by them, I would keep everything close to my chest.

    He's exactly right. They need to write what they see. Is he making cuts like the Marv before injury, or is he favoring the knee?

    I think this illustrates his point about getting upset with them:
    A Colts official ended the interview when Harrison was asked about an April 29 shooting in his hometown of Philadelphia that involved a gun he owned.
    Yes, I know it's news. But it's been how long and nothing for him has came out of it? Let it go already, unless something new comes out.


    He's already extremely quiet and obviously gonna go deeper into his shell if you poke and prod him.
    Last edited by Since86; 08-21-2008 at 01:16 PM.

  16. #16
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a slightly different take... Why did he bother with this 'breaking of silence' anyway? If you're going to talk, then talk (openly). Otherwise, keep up the silent treatment or just say "no comment".

    Even if he's pi$$ed, address it head-on instead of odd, weird comments that really only reflect bad on him (if he can't elaborate or put them in context).

    I've noticed Marvin getting more odd over the years. I'm not sure what to make of it.
    I have to wonder if Marvin isn't mad at the Colts for how they handled his condition last year. It's obvious he had absolutely no business playing and should have been on the IR. I wonder if he thinks the Colts rushed him back to quickly for the Jacksonville game? I remember reading that it was Marv who said that he couldn't play in the final game of the season. Or he could think the Colts put him in a bad situation against SD when he still had no business playing. His mind was on his knee, and not protecting the football (not his fault).

    I would just like to know what it was that ticked him off. I don't remember The Star ever hanging him after the Philly incident. Am I wrong about that? I mean, they initially reported it as did every news outlet, but they seemed to let it go after nothing came out of it. Chappel wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't ask Harrison about it.

    Is Harrison seriously mad because people were whispering about his condition last year? If the Colts and Harrison weren't so super secretive about the injury, then there would be nothing to whisper about.

  17. #17
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Wow, a few PD'ers got their feelings hurt again. Why? In this world, there are different types of personalities. Marvin is a introvert. For the record, so am I. People like us are quiet socially, but always have an edge that drives us to succeed. At times we snap, it's a much needed release, as keeping quiet and leading by example is what gets us to the top. The more the media tries, the more Marvin will get annoyed, just a personality trait. He has been good, no outstanding, for 12 years, he was bound to snap. At least it was subtle lashing. **** all these media type liberal candy***es anyway. Dissect this if you guys want, but no one outside of Indy is listening or cares.

    Tarnished? On Sunday's you won't be thinking that when he makes a one handed grab in the corner of the end zone while dragging two feet for six.

    With all the legitimate off field problems involving Indy professional sports, I'd like to think we all know what's really bad and not so bad. This not so bad. Mr. Talks-A-Lot needs to relax when quiet guys gets annoyed, because quiet guy is tired of listening to Mr. Talks-A-Lot.

  18. #18
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    He's exactly right. They need to write what they see. Is he making cuts like the Marv before injury, or is he favoring the knee?

    But if all they should do is "write what they see", then there would never be a need to interview any player/coach/what have you. That would be pretty boring wouldn't it? Players/coaches are interviewed to get a unique, inside perspective that only they can give. Interviews are the entire basis of sports coverage. That's how we really learn what's going on. Without interviews, all Chappel would be giving was an opinion. So I think that Marvin Harrison's thoughts on the knee are far more valuable than what Chapel or any one else can observe with their eyes.

    Sure it *looks* like he is doing okay and not favoring the knee. All we can do is give an educated guess. However, Marvin's opinion on it would be infinitely more valuable than anything Chapel or anyone has to say about it.

    That's my problem with it. I don't expect Harrison to give some in depth answer about his knee, but would it have killed him to just say something like "it's doing okay, i'm trying everything I can to get back to 100% this year." I don't think it would. Is it really necessary to give such condescending answers?

    Maybe I'm overreacting, and I can see your points with the rest of your posts. I understand that Harrison is going to always be a quiet guy, and I have ZERO problem with that. However, I don't think it's necessary for him to be so consistently standoffish with people. I mean, lighten up a bit Marvin. You've spent 12 great years here and the people here want so badly to have a relationship with you. I don't think that is too unnecessary given the fact that most fans support the team financially in some way.

  19. #19
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,090

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's my problem with it. I don't expect Harrison to give some in depth answer about his knee, but would it have killed him to just say something like "it's doing okay, i'm trying everything I can to get back to 100% this year." I don't think it would. Is it really necessary to give such condescending answers?
    After years hearing JO talk about how he's fine and all that, you really expect to get a straight answer? I would much rather evaluate someone's performance, and how they move than have them tell me.

    Players play, and they're never going to give you the 100% truth.

    Let me ask you this. If a reporter asked Peyton how his knee was feeling, what would you expect him to say? My guess is, he's going to give an answer that makes it seem like it's doing better than it really is because of his desire to get back. I see no difference in Marv, especially considering all the talk last season.

    If I remember correctly, weren't you up in arms about not getting straight answers during that time? I doubt much has changed, answering question-wise not the injury.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Sometimes I think it is OK simply to be one of the best to ever play at your position and not a celebrity/PR man/ambassador. Just because a man can catch a football doesn't make him an ambassador. Conversely not being a ambassador doesn't make him a jerk. It is just who he is. If he couldn't play the way he did no one on here would care if he was a good person or not.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

    "'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

  21. #21
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    We see what we see.

    Is he playing? Yes. Marvin is back.

    He is just calling everyone Mr. Obvious.

  22. #22
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,943

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Well, those comments could "mean" any number of things, one very real possibility being nothing really. If he comes back and is able to produce nobody will care about this little dustup.

    On the other hand, maybe he's irritated b/c Reggie Wayne has surpassed him in terms what have you done for me lately and exterior profile. Is Marvin, perhaps due to age, now 1A or 2 even if physically sound?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  23. #23
    How are you here? Kegboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northside Bias
    Posts
    12,960

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the other hand, maybe he's irritated b/c Reggie Wayne has surpassed him in terms what have you done for me lately and exterior profile.
    Seriously, has Marvin ever given you any indication he cares about his "exterior profile"?

    IMO, the Star sucks, glad to see someone give them **** once in a while.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

  24. #24
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,753

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After years hearing JO talk about how he's fine and all that, you really expect to get a straight answer? I would much rather evaluate someone's performance, and how they move than have them tell me.

    Players play, and they're never going to give you the 100% truth.

    Let me ask you this. If a reporter asked Peyton how his knee was feeling, what would you expect him to say? My guess is, he's going to give an answer that makes it seem like it's doing better than it really is because of his desire to get back. I see no difference in Marv, especially considering all the talk last season.

    If I remember correctly, weren't you up in arms about not getting straight answers during that time? I doubt much has changed, answering question-wise not the injury.
    Fair point. It's doubtful that Harrison would be very straight forward, I guess I'm just a little turned off by his tone. It would be nice to know how he really feels about his knee, if the naysayers are what's motivating him this year, and what the heck happened in Philly. You make a good point that there's no way we'd ever get those answers from Harrison, but it certainly would be nice to know what he thinks.

    This is what I want to know: What in the world did the Star do to tick him off? I see people here saying that the Star got what it deserved and stuff, but what exactly do to deserve it? I read Chappell and Richards weekly, and I think they do a pretty fair job of covering this team. I certainly think they're better than the guys who cover the Pacers.

    If an 8 time pro bowl receiver is out for game after game with no straight answer, then I think that needs to be addressed. And I'm sorry, but Chappell and Richards wouldn't have been doing their jobs if they didn't question what happened in Philadelphia on that night.

  25. #25
    IMPD Officer MarionDeputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: Harrison PO'd at Star

    Harrison is most definitely a Hall of Fame player, but his career has been marred, in my opinion, by several factors:

    1. His stand-off'ish dealing with the media - like them or not a proffessional athelete must learn how to communicate with them.

    2. His shoving of an IPD officer in the Circle Center parking garage

    3. His battery settlement to the fan in Hawaii while there for the pro-bowl

    4. And his most recent dust-up with his gun being used to shoot one person and wounding of an innocent child.
    "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post."

    --Jack Nicholson as Colonel Nathan Jessup in A Few Good Men

Similar Threads

  1. David Harrison speaks
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-10-2008, 11:11 PM
  2. End near for wideout Harrison in Indy?
    By indyblue47 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 12:52 AM
  3. Well it looks like Harrison is at it again...
    By Peck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
  4. Harrison fined & suspended
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 04:01 PM
  5. Amusing Star article about Harrison
    By gummy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •