Thread: Conseco cocktail party

Default Conseco cocktail party

Was invited to a cocktail party at Conseco monday at the Legends (I figured a much smaller version of the private party they put on at the Morway's) and the email invitation said Larry Bird, Coach O'Brien, and David Morway would all be there to mingle and talk about the team. As I've purchased a ticket package for the last several years, I figured it was to get everyone to buy this year and I was OK with that, but then none of them showed up.

Quinn Buckner and the pacers annoucer did a Q and A which was nice, but again I wouldn't have come all that way if I had known we were all going to be stood up.

I was going to get a ticket package anyway...but this just was kind of poor form, especially when you are desparate to get fans back.

Was just disappointed in what appeared to be a 'bait and switch', as the sales reps didn't appear surprised at the no show from all 3.

Default Re: Conseco cocktail party

I would think it odd that all three no-showed. Especially since your email said they would all be there. You could understand if one of them suddenly had a schedule conflict, but all three?

Makes you wonder if something is cooking on the trade front that they all needed to be free to work on.

So, no one attending (from the Pacers) gave any explanation as to why the "big three" weren't there? Did you directly ask anyone?

Sports Logo

Also....you can probably send an email to the Pacers customer feedback email address to see if they respond. If anything...I'm guessing that they are paying more attention to what fans are saying nowadays.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

If you still have a copy of the email that says that they were going to attend I would attach it to a new email that I would send to the Pacers. Express your profound disspointment in the "bait and switch" (nice term btw) and explain that you would have been ok with some form of announcement or something but were deeply troubled that they made no mention.

My guess is that you will have a response pretty quickly.

If you know your ticket agent I would also send it to them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Definitely not impressive.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I hope there's more to it because on the surface this is disappointing.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Shame.

Here we go Steelers.. jmoney2584's Avatar

Oh well, if you had talked to them it's not like they would have divulged some big secret. They would have just read their generic PR scipt to you with a sideways smile and politician hand shake. I never understood why people would get all excited to meet the brass of an organization just for the kick of it. Sure, maybe if you were applying for a job with them and got a chance to chat in their ear for a moment that would be nice, but just to go have a drink and say hi? come on, what would they really say that would matter, or that they haven't been repeating up to this point. Just my two cents.
    Roy Hibbert.... It's the POWER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmoney2584 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh well, if you had talked to them it's not like they would have divulged some big secret. They would have just read their generic PR scipt to you with a sideways smile and politician hand shake. I never understood why people would get all excited to meet the brass of an organization just for the kick of it. Sure, maybe if you were applying for a job with them and got a chance to chat in their ear for a moment that would be nice, but just to go have a drink and say hi? come on, what would they really say that would matter, or that they haven't been repeating up to this point. Just my two cents.
    It isn't a point of meeting someone "important". It is that, in the email, they made a committment to a group of paying customers, and did not live up to it. With all the focus on PR, that is not a good thing. I guess you could relate it to having an employee no call - no show for work when they were supposed to be there.

woman without a team

When players are late or don't show up to a PR event they get fined big bucks. What happens when the brass does the same thing?

I'm sorry about the disappoint. this should never happen especially since the Pacers are going through rough times right now.

I'm disappointed in the brass.

I didn't know what to make of them not showing up other than it appeared they never had any intention of doing so...especially with all 3 MIA.

Personally, I probably would have blown off the cocktail party altogether, except that my son really was excited to go, so I took him (instead of my wife...who knows, maybe that's what the problem was...a karma thing).

I did ask the ticket agent about Bird and co. not being there and he said, 'yeah I don't know why they didn't show up', but that was about it. He said that they were having a breakfast this friday at 7:30 am and Bird was going to be there (another ticket sales event, I assume), and that he'd contact me so I could come. But so far no word from him...and I sure don't want to drive another 2 hours to get there (as I live far south) at 7:30 am and then Bird not show up again.