Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

  1. #1
    Member indyblue47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    260

    Default OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches.(Pacers mentioned)


    http://community.foxsports.com/blogs...3/NBA_Out_Loud

    NBA HUNCHES OUT LOUD!
    1. Denver Nuggets will miss the play-off's. Either AI or Car-smello will demand a trade.
    2. There will be a minimum of two Phoenix Suns players who will be injured- causing them to come close or miss the play-offs. One of the players rhymes with Hack- the other rhymes with Trash.
    3. OJ Mayo will find himself in some sort of weird investigation and he'll try to blow it off quicker than he transferred high schools.
    4. Michael Beasley, Shawn and Dwayne won't get along. Pat Riley will be blamed.
    5. Jason Kidd will not last the season in Dallas.
    6. Kevin Love will be voted Rookie of the Year.
    7. Baron Davis will not be happy in Los Angeles.
    8. Pau Gasol will be caught in an anti-American photograph and explain that he was just joking.
    9. Agent Zero will have zero tolerance for managements inadequacies and blog about it.
    10. Jermaine O'neil will not be any better in Toronto.
    11. Ron Artest will do something stupid.
    12. Chris Paul will not be like last year.
    13. The Pacers will be better than last year.
    14. Greg Oden will surpass expectations and begin the Oden/Bynum duel that will be nationally televised for years to come.
    15. Brandon Roy will take another step towards being "Kobe North"
    16. Luke Walton will not be a Laker for the full season.
    17. Yao will say Ow and Tracy McGrady will punk out again.
    18. Dallas will not be as good without the lil' General on the sidelines.
    19. Kwame Brown will be an all-star (c'mon- thats a joke).
    20. Vince will not last in Jersey.
    21. Jerryd Bayless will be compared to Tony Parker.
    22. Rudy Fernandez will be compared to Manu Ginobli.
    23. Mike Conley will end up in Portland somehow.
    24. LaMarcus Aldridge will be an all-star.
    Last edited by indyblue47; 08-14-2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Wanted to say Pacers mentioned in title..

  2. #2
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Meh. It's hard to take somebody seriously who leads with "Car-smello."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  3. #3
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meh. It's hard to take somebody seriously who leads with "Car-smello."
    I was thinking the same thing. Why do people think that type of stuff is clever?

  4. #4
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was thinking the same thing. Why do people think that type of stuff is clever?
    Definitely one of the lowest rungs on the comedy food chain. I truly hate that kind of crap. Not for who it's aimed at but for the pure awfulness of the humor. Bob Sagat made a career of this caliber of humor, then goes blue in his standup to make it seem "edgy", as if "Car-F'n-Smello" is really different and funny.


    Of course as a Carlisle fan I have my objections to him doing worse than Avery would have. I do think Kidd looks like a player over the hill with the Olympic team and I think we'll see him slide with Dallas which will naturally hurt their W-L record.

  5. #5

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    EDIT: I see this is "by" Fox Sports. Sorry.
    Last edited by kidthecat; 08-14-2008 at 08:42 PM.

  6. #6
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,959

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    It will be interesting to see how JO performs this year. If he stays healthy, he will be putting up 18 and 8 and a couple blocks for the Raps IMO. The acid test will be whether he's healthy in April and May and into the playoffs...which Toronto is almost unquestionably going to be in.

    Anyway, I'm glad we moved him before we had to be concerned with him walking or re-signing him by matching a bloated offer. It was the first significant step back up the hill...

  7. #7
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    At least it was mentioned that we would be better. How much better? I don't know but it is always refreshing to see an unafiliated source say we'd be better.

  8. #8
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    I always enjoy it when a sports authority can't even spell a six time all star's last name correctly.

    The most ridiculous comparison is Roy and Kobe. They are two totally different players.

    Also, I guess we should expect Portland to win the NBA title pretty easily. Roy will become "Kobe north". Bayless is gonna be compared to Tony Parker and Fernandez to Ginobli, and they are gonna get Conley, too! Also Aldridge is gonna be an all-star, and Oden is gonna surpass all expectations. They should just go ahead and make those rings now if that is the case.

    I'd find those group of predictions funny, if this was supposed to be a joke. Sadly, I think this guy is trying to be serious.
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 08-14-2008 at 09:18 PM.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #9
    One man show ajbry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,696

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Dude should be "writing" for Bleacher Report...

    And any predictions that include Luke Walton and Kwame Brown are null and void. Scrubs do not change the season's outcome.

  10. #10
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely one of the lowest rungs on the comedy food chain. I truly hate that kind of crap. Not for who it's aimed at but for the pure awfulness of the humor. Bob Sagat made a career of this caliber of humor, then goes blue in his standup to make it seem "edgy", as if "Car-F'n-Smello" is really different and funny.
    Says Craptime_Seth.
    Last edited by JayRedd; 08-14-2008 at 11:50 PM.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  11. #11
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Says Craptime_Seth.
    You're a funny man, Ron Mahogany.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  12. #12
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I always enjoy it when a sports authority can't even spell a six time all star's last name correctly.

    The most ridiculous comparison is Roy and Kobe. They are two totally different players.

    Also, I guess we should expect Portland to win the NBA title pretty easily. Roy will become "Kobe north". Bayless is gonna be compared to Tony Parker and Fernandez to Ginobli, and they are gonna get Conley, too! Also Aldridge is gonna be an all-star, and Oden is gonna surpass all expectations. They should just go ahead and make those rings now if that is the case.

    I'd find those group of predictions funny, if this was supposed to be a joke. Sadly, I think this guy is trying to be serious.
    You know, being compared to Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili is really kind of a value neutral thing. For example: "Wow, Bayless and Fernandez are nowhere near as good as Parker and Manu," would qualify as being compared to those guys.

    Just sayin'

  13. #13
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,655

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know, being compared to Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili is really kind of a value neutral thing. For example: "Wow, Bayless and Fernandez are nowhere near as good as Parker and Manu," would qualify as being compared to those guys.

    Just sayin'


    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #14

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least it was mentioned that we would be better. How much better? I don't know but it is always refreshing to see an unafiliated source say we'd be better.
    That was the only good point to the whole thing. I'll take it and run with it before the next guy proclaims "the Pacers will miss the playoff again".

  15. #15
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it is always refreshing to see an unafiliated source say we'd be better.
    The problem is that he doesn't come across as very knowledgeable, and so if he likes the Pacers it may be the kiss of death.

    It's certainly not hard to imagine missing the playoffs this year.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  16. #16

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Most of them are jokes, intentional ones. C'mon people. Yikes.

    -- Steve --

  17. #17
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersfan46 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of them are jokes, intentional ones. C'mon people. Yikes.

    -- Steve --
    You say that as if it makes the writing any better.

  18. #18
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Says Craptime_Seth.
    GD you, GD you right to hell, Gay F'n Bed (like Sagat, I work blue).
    You got me LOL on that one. It feels like losing when you make me laugh like that.

    You say that as if it makes the writing any better.
    Exactly.


    I think the Pacers could be a game or two better. It's tough to say. They'll lean on Rush and Hibbert a bit, but they'll be so much better at PG.

    I'm already in for a non-playoff season. Who cares. It's Pacers ball, they've got plenty of interesting changes to check out, and did I mention it's Pacers ball.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 08-15-2008 at 09:09 PM.

  19. #19
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,505

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely one of the lowest rungs on the comedy food chain. I truly hate that kind of crap. Not for who it's aimed at but for the pure awfulness of the humor. Bob Sagat made a career of this caliber of humor, then goes blue in his standup to make it seem "edgy", as if "Car-F'n-Smello" is really different and funny.


    Of course as a Carlisle fan I have my objections to him doing worse than Avery would have. I do think Kidd looks like a player over the hill with the Olympic team and I think we'll see him slide with Dallas which will naturally hurt their W-L record.
    Not to take this off topic but this reminded me of a time in 1986 that I went to a comedy club in Indy (I think it was Crackers but I don't know that for certain) to see Larry Miller. He had two opening acts, one was some guy who looked like bigfoot from Mississippi (I don't remember his name) and the other was Bob Sagat. This was before he ever made any of the lame @ss tv shows. I remember his bit was very raunchy and actually very funny.

    I saw him a couple of years later doing that stupid show with the little kids and I about died because I knew what his stand up was like.

    Actually that was a very good comedy set. It's funny how some of the comedians I saw open up for other comedians who were no names at the time went on to be huge TV stars.

  20. #20
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    I believe Hibbert & Oden will be more comparable than Oden & Bynum. I am being a HOMER, but in all reality. I do not see Oden scoring a lot of points in the league his game will be defense & rebounds.

  21. #21
    J.O. To The T.O. Oneal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Re: OT - Blog: 24 hunches that pull no punches

    So is this supposed to set up the "I told you so" at the end of this season
    R.I.P. Bernic Mac & Isaac Hayes

Similar Threads

  1. duke dynamite's Blog, It's Here!
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 04:27 AM
  2. OT: "The rims are broken" - Gilbert Arenas Blog (NBA.com)
    By avoidingtheclowns in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 01:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •