Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Olympic Basketball Thread

Default Re: Olympic Basketball Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're the biggest anti-USA poster in this entire forum. I don't want to hear this "we" BS all of a sudden when you've gloated over every single loss over the last 3 years.
    Calling me unpatriotic? Clever, I've never seen anyone use that argument. It's that kind of subtle, nuanced thinking that makes a message board great. I will turn in my passport at the nearest government office.

Please find where I ever said in these Olympics that the US is anything but the most talented team. Are you not reading my posts, or just choosing to interpret any comment that other international teams are very good as fundamentally anti-American?

Please stop posting crap like this, it contributes to a toxic environment on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    For anyone interested, Runi is playing on USA network right now. He looks about like he did when he was here. Fernandez looks fantastic. Portland did really well to get him.
    Portland is going to be very good next year. I could see them beating the Lakers or Dallas in the playoffs. The team will have to gel and peak at the right time but they have one of the most talented rosters in the NBA. Oden, Roy, Aldridge, Fernandez, & Bayless should have them set for some time.

US pulling away.

Did anybody figure out what the Melo/Scola thing was about? I saw the retaliation but not what caused it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Wow, Scola just popped howard in the face.

Dude is not making friends.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

That's one way to deal with Scola. Foul him out.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I'm confused. Why is he getting 4 shots here?

Four shots and the ball. Brutal.

Enjoy your time at PD!

That's hilarious. #6 looks... unlike your normal pro basketball player.

Kind of an out-of-shape Brad Miller.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That's hilarious. #6 looks... unlike your normal pro basketball player.
    Thats the kind of body you could expect at an amateur pickup game

He likes beer

Are we taking as many stupid shots as the box score/play-by-play on ESPN seems to indicate?
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He is terrible.

It's my opinion, relax! Vince Neil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    Good job by Argentina staying in this and keeping it respectable without Ginobli.
    What happened to Manu? Hurt? Foul trouble? Lost his Rogaine?

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick View Post
    Are we taking as many stupid shots as the box score/play-by-play on ESPN seems to indicate?
    I don't know if they're really that bad, but our shooting is terrible.

Good thing they can't score against us and we can drive at will, though. Otherwise we wouldn't be up by 20.

Really, it's amazing how guys like Wade can go in and dominate the boards against guys a lot taller than them.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Neil View Post
    What happened to Manu? Hurt? Foul trouble? Lost his Rogaine?
    Lol he got hurt. Same ankle/foot that was bothering him during the playoffs. Went to the locker room in the first half, haven't seen him since.

Terrible shot selection. Terrible.

Scola's line has to be just incredible.

Talk about a one-man team, though. I don't know how people can say it's the American teams that rely on isolation for their offense... Argentina's running every play through Scola.

Which is wise, I guess. It's kept them within 15. But I just don't see how people can say the Americans are the ones who don't play a team game.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Terrible shot selection. Terrible.
    Kobe was open for three and got the shot in rhythm... he'd hit that shot against the Pacers. He's just not shooting well today.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Talk about a one-man team, though. I don't know how people can say it's the American teams that rely on isolation for their offense... Argentina's running every play through Scola.

Which is wise, I guess. It's kept them within 15. But I just don't see how people can say the Americans are the ones who don't play a team game.
    Scola has 26 points, 11 rebounds, and 0 assists.

Enjoy your time at PD!

They just showed the graphic: USA has 15 assists, ARG has 7.

Enjoy your time at PD!

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Add Manu and this game might have been different. US adjusted at the half by bringing it down low and attacking the baseline.

I really think that if Spain slows it down pressures the perimeter like Argentina and hits their jumpers they can beat us if we play half-court like we did. But if we attack the open spaces in a zone defense, no one can beat this team.
    Last edited by Major Cold; 08-22-2008 at 12:12 PM.

Sports Logo

What else is Argentina supposed to do without Ginobli? Nocioni barely played in the second half because of his knee. Oberto was in foul trouble so he barely played too. It was basically Deflino chucking up shots with Scola getting boards and finishing.

Sports Logo

Lol Boozer finally took his warm ups off, just to get in the team huddle after the game was over.

Argentina is an American team

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    Add Manu and this game might have been different. US adjusted at the half by bringing it down low and attacking the baseline.
    Understand what you mean but not sure I agree. Argentina's success was from playing a different game without Manu on the floor - it took the US until after halftime to adjust to Scola taking over. I don't think the Argentina initial adjustment happens if Manu is on the floor.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Very disappointed in the US today. Nice to say when it comes after a 20 point win, but for the first time I saw them play lackadaisical for an extended amount of time. What was up with LeBron at the end of the first half? Was he in foul trouble? Him and Wade on the bench at the same time killed us.

They played hard in the first, then slacked in the second, then kinda hard in the third, and then off and on in the fourth. They look bored.

I'm confused. Why is he getting 4 shots here?

Four shots and the ball. Brutal.

2 shots for the foul, and 2 shots for the tech on Argentina. Plus the USA got the ball out of bounds.