Thread: Well...What do you think of the NBA now?

Default Well...What do you think of the NBA now?

Do you still think the Lakers have the refs in their pocket?

Does David Stern still favor the Lakers on everything?

Did the falling of the Lakers turn the NBA into a new direction?

What do you all think?

Sactolover
    AKA Sactolover05

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Well...What do you think of the NBA now?

Let's just say that I HOPE that the success of the Pistons without hugely marketed superstars, the strength of the ratings for the Pistons/Pacers series, and the backlash against the media darling Lakers and poster b***hes Shaq and Kobe causes the NBA to re-think its marketing strategy.

If they'd make it about TEAMS instead of INDIVIDUALS, it would fix almost every complaint about the league.

No more superstar calls
    No more "flavor of the month"
    No more HS kids with potential hoping to be Mr. Hype
    More local attendance because more support for every team rather than just a few guys on a few teams

Yes, I have a dream. But this win means that maybe, just maybe, part of that dream can come true.

Everyone, all together! "Kum ba ya, my Lord, Kum ba ya ..." bulletproof, you're not singing! "Kum ba ya, my Lord, Kum ba ya ..."
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

The NBA still had what it wanted - namely the Lakers in the Finals. That's as far as their concern goes. They don't care if they win.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Let's just say that I HOPE that the success of the Pistons without hugely marketed superstars, the strength of the ratings for the Pistons/Pacers series, and the backlash against the media darling Lakers and poster b***hes Shaq and Kobe causes the NBA to re-think its marketing strategy.

If they'd make it about TEAMS instead of INDIVIDUALS, it would fix almost every complaint about the league.

No more superstar calls
    More local attendance because more support for every team rather than just a few guys on a few teams

Yes, I have a dream. But this win means that maybe, just maybe, part of that dream can come true.

Everyone, all together! "Kum ba ya, my Lord, Kum ba ya ..." bulletproof, you're not singing! "Kum ba ya, my Lord, Kum ba ya ..."
    Ok. Next verse. Here we go.

Someone's dunking Lord, Kum ba ya...
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

- Jimmy Buffett

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

No more superstar calls

Ok. Next verse. Here we go.

Someone's dunking Lord, Kum ba ya...
    Hold hands, c'mon now, sing it out "Someone's dunking, Lord, Kum ba ya ..."
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Bulletspoof is busy auguring with Larry Bird about who's in charge of Pacer personnel. :P :P :P :P