Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RealGm.com Tinsley Trade Options

Default Re: RealGm.com Tinsley Trade Options

Marcus Banks would be included from Miami in any deal they'd do for Tinsley. It would be the only way to minimize the negative 2010 JT Impact.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iverson
    i've thought of that too, but iverson's contract is likewise ending this season. hence the financial relief from cleveland's expiring deals won't be so attractive to denver in an iverson trade. cavs will have to sweeten the deal - which will not be the case if they're dealing for someone like tinsley.

not that i think it's likely, but hey, it could happen

Cleveland could offer Wally, Smith, and a couple protected pick, and it might be enough. I'm at the Charlotte airport, so I can't check, but I think the dif between AI's salary this year & Wally/Joe might be enough to get Denver under the tax. I think that would be a large incentive.

Plus, I think it would be fun to watch James & Iverson together. Not realistic, I know.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Marcus Banks would be included from Miami in any deal they'd do for Tinsley. It would be the only way to minimize the negative 2010 JT Impact.
    Tinsley/ Williams/ Diener
    for
    Haslem/ Banks

Works $ wise, & SW & TD expire for the 2010 signing period. In the end, Miami loses just a bit of salery space for '10, but gets real insurance @ PG.
    IN loses Dieners shooting, but gets Banks D, fill their neeed PF, & most importantly, no Tin's.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post
    for
    Haslem/ Banks

Works $ wise, & SW & TD expire for the 2010 signing period. In the end, Miami loses just a bit of salery space for '10, but gets real insurance @ PG.
    IN loses Dieners shooting, but gets Banks D, fill their neeed PF, & most importantly, no Tin's.
    That sounds really good and actually sounds better for Miami than just straight up Haslem for JT.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

I kinda don't wanna trade Diener. I think he's a good lockerroom guy. Underrated on winning teams but definitely always there.

Quote Originally Posted by PacerGuy View Post

for
    Haslem/ Banks

I like this trade alot! It gets rid of Tinjury & Williams, that's enough in itself, plus a PF of need. Yep, I like this trade.

Now Bird go get the deal done! If necessary, throw in McBob or Baston for another big for Miami. My pref would be Baston if the salaries match.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 08-08-2008 at 12:06 PM.

Mood

#6 would be sweet! highly unrealistic though.

The Russians got Pargo! I repeat, the Russians have captured Pargo! Over.

For all you sticklers out there, here's the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537498

Ex-Hornet Pargo signs one-year, $3.5 million contract with Russian club

Another American-born player has chosen Europe over the NBA.

Guard Jannero Pargo signed a one-year contract with the Russian club Dynamo Moscow. Sources say the deal will be worth $3.5 million after Russian taxes have been paid. At the conclusion of the deal, Pargo, now 28, will be free to sign in the NBA or anywhere else.

The former Laker, Raptor, Bull and Hornet, who played key minutes for New Orleans in their recent playoff run, will play for highly regarded American/Israeli coach David Blatt, alongside recent Net Bostjan Nachbar and American guard Hollis Price. Also on the team is former Blazer Sergey Monya, former Clipper Yaroslav Korolev and former Hawk Travis Hansen.

Dynamo has long had high payrolls, but has not performed at the level of Moscow's signature club, CSKA Moscow. By signing the new coach in Blatt, Nachbar, and now Pargo, Dynamo is pushing to join Europe's top league, the EuroLeague.

Published reports indicate that the Hornets, Spurs and Hawks were among the NBA teams interested in signing Pargo.

Henry Abbott writes the TrueHoop blog for ESPN.com.
    Last edited by LoneGranger33; 08-15-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

i wish the NBA could be so lucky with Tinsley...we need to release him and let him get pick up by a euro team. that would be great for me.
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Be great for Euro roundball also...cause JT is all about team ball. He'd fit right in.

Here's an option... let's just buy him out and get it over with. His salary will be cleared from our cap which will give us even more cap space to work with after next season, meaning we can go after an even better free agent. We're going to have to pay Tinsley anyway if we let him sit for a few seasons, and if we do a trade, we're inevitably going to get less back and/or include one of our assets like a pick or expiring. We might as well use the cap savings to our advantage, even though it means Simon's going to have to dish out a hefty sum of money. But again, he's going to have to anyway (or take back less to no value in a trade). We'll have a lot of salary coming off the books in 2011, so he just needs to swallow the pill right now and think about the positives looking forward. Let's just move on and think ahead.
    Last edited by Doddage; 08-16-2008 at 01:44 PM.

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoddage View Post
    Here's an option... let's just buy him out and get it over with. His salary will be cleared from our cap which will give us even more cap space to work with after next season, meaning we can go after an even better free agent. We're going to have to pay Tinsley anyway if we let him sit for a few seasons, and if we do a trade, we're inevitably going to get less back and/or include one of our assets like a pick or expiring. We might as well use the cap savings to our advantage, even though it means Simon's going to have to dish out a hefty sum of money. But again, he's going to have to anyway (or take back less to no value in a trade). We'll have a lot of salary coming off the books in 2011, so he just needs to swallow the pill right now and think about the positives looking forward. Let's just move on and think ahead.
    nope. tinsley has three years and $21mil left on his deal. if we were to say buy him out for $18mil we would have an extra $6mil holding on our cap for the next three years. so we'd be paying tinsley $6mil a year and letting him play elsewhere while also letting him hold our salary figures hostage.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    nope. tinsley has three years and $21mil left on his deal. if we were to say buy him out for $18mil we would have an extra $6mil holding on our cap for the next three years. so we'd be paying tinsley $6mil a year and letting him play elsewhere while also letting him hold our salary figures hostage.
    Yep. And perhaps more importantly than still having him count against the cap for 3 years is the fact that you can never trade the contract of a player you buy out.

So you could forget about dealing him in the last year of his deal as an expiring contract if you chose to buy him out. That option is immediately gone.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

any updates on the movement of tinsley from Indiana ?
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

I haven't read the entire topic, or every topic, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but wouldn't the union have something to say if the Pacers stash Tins at the end of the bench for 3 years?

Has something like that ever happened before? Three years of sitting on the bench and not playing a single game?

It seems like it has. Maybe not in the NBA, but I swear I have heard of a sports union getting involved in a case where the plan was to bench a guy and never play him. Maybe the NFL?

What's the union going to say? The team has 4 point guards... somebody's not going to play.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I would think they would try to make a case that the Pacers would not be letting Tinsley make a living past the current contract by letting him rot on the bench, or something like that.

Not that they would win, but I swear I've heard this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers View Post
    I would think they would try to make a case that the Pacers would not be letting Tinsley make a living past the current contract by letting him rot on the bench, or something like that.

Not that they would win, but I swear I've heard this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    What's the union going to say? The team has 4 point guards... somebody's not going to play.
    Well, setting aside for a moment that the Pacers would never just sit a guy for three years, and they shouldn't...

While the union would probably not have a particularly strong case, or even one at all, it's almost without question they would make a stink over this. While they may have no regard for Tinsley, and they may even agree with the Pacers action, they could never let something like this go without saying lest it occur in another, less justifiable instance. (Yes, it's difficult to envision such a case, but strange things happen everyday.)

In any case, I would expect the union to make trouble just to make trouble. Sometimes, you don't particularly need a strong argument, just a megaphone to make it more trouble than it's worth for a team.

Sitting Jamaal for three years is a stupid and pointless gesture. No lessons will be taught or learned, and no messages would be sent. To me, the mere presence of Tinsley is a failure, so I say work the phones up to training camp, then, if no joy, buy the ****er out and be done with it. We'd save a small amount ($600 to $1,000 per year or so) off the cap, and he'd be gone. I don't give a **** if we're paying to play somewhere else...as long as he's somewhere else.

Well, setting aside for a moment that the Pacers would never just sit a guy for three years, and they shouldn't...
    There's a difference between sitting him for three years and sitting him until the ASB.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Patience. The guy would be much more tradeable if management would just shut up about their plans for him and let the process run its course.

The fact is, we will never receive any huge value for the guy unless we are willing to take on a bad contract. That is, of course, the goal of all NBA teams these days: get rid of your bad contracts and pick up somebody's talent. Nobody, of course, can do this without taking on some burden the other team with the talent wants to jettison.

The Pacers will have to be patient, and let the need for a starting PG arise in the NBA from some team that believes it has a chance at the playoffs. Until then, stash the Tin man, but make sure he stays in playing shape. We won't be able to move him until some other team gets desperate for a starting caliber point guard. .......Which the tin man is, regardless of how much he is despised by the team's fans.

While the union would probably not have a particularly strong case, or even one at all, it's almost without question they would make a stink over this. While they may have no regard for Tinsley, and they may even agree with the Pacers action, they could never let something like this go without saying lest it occur in another, less justifiable instance. (Yes, it's difficult to envision such a case, but strange things happen everyday.)

In any case, I would expect the union to make trouble just to make trouble. Sometimes, you don't particularly need a strong argument, just a megaphone to make it more trouble than it's worth for a team.

Sitting Jamaal for three years is a stupid and pointless gesture. No lessons will be taught or learned, and no messages would be sent. To me, the mere presence of Tinsley is a failure, so I say work the phones up to training camp, then, if no joy, buy the ****er out and be done with it. We'd save a small amount ($600 to $1,000 per year or so) off the cap, and he'd be gone. I don't give a **** if we're paying to play somewhere else...as long as he's somewhere else.
    You don't get ANY credit off the cap. At least he still has potential as an expiring contract in 2 years if we keep him, which could save a full year of his salary.