Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RealGm.com Tinsley Trade Options

Default Re: RealGm.com Tinsley Trade Options

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK, I'll stop talking about Bird. This point is taken and duly noted.

Can someone even begin to explain why Cleveland (Santa Claus) would do this? Are they just dying to get their hands on an overpaid, long contract wielding, oft-injured, defensively liable, past-his-prime, negative headline grabbing, criminal lawyer paying point guard with a questionable work ethic?

What's the advantage they are seeking here?

3 words... to satisfy James!

Banned

AH HA!!!

Everyone knows which one I like!!!!

JJ BABY!!!!

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I really don't see why the Knicks would give us Rose and Lee for Tins and Shawne. Makes zero sense to me. Even if you operate that the idea that D'Antoni doesn't like Lee, they could still get something much more valuable than Tins for him.
    Not to mention this is Donnie Walsh we're talking about.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Banned

Default Re: RealGm.com Tinsley Trade Options (JJ IS A TANK)

I hate Duke but I luddat Redick and I am not just being Redickulous!

Umm... #4 please! Geez louise! What number would he wear, seven, four.... nah.... probably twenty three!

Banned

JJ wrote me this letter, pretty awesome.

(Side note: "Your sister" is a reference to Anthem due to his reaction to my posted desire and notion of the Pacers trading for J.J. Redick, oh yeah and my real name isn't Lance, its just what JJ calls me cause hes awesome and hilarious)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree with J.J.

Go [to hell, where I hope you burn for all eternity] Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    I'd like to nominate Shade for Most Original Poster of the Year.

I think the Tins/Snow trade might make sense if Cleveland thinks Tinsley will help the team enough to keep LeBron happy as a Cav. Better win something soon. 2010 is the deadline.
    I'll have to decline, since you already beat me by a few posts with your oh-so-original reply.

Can someone even begin to explain why Cleveland (Santa Claus) would do this?
    I don't think they would.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by FerengiMiller View Post
    (Side note: "Your sister" is a reference to Anthem due to his reaction to my posted desire and notion of the Pacers trading for J.J. Redick
    Oh, that's cold. You told Redick about our argument, but said I was your sister?

I won't be able to post online tonight... I'll be at home washing my hair.
    Last edited by Anthem; 08-07-2008 at 05:45 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

streets ahead

Can someone even begin to explain why Cleveland (Santa Claus) would do this?
    i don't believe many of us think cleveland would do this. it doesn't make any sense. we HOPE cleveland would do it but we certainly don't expect them to.

cleveland could be interested in tinsley because of his relatively cheap asking price and the fact that they've never given LBJ a pure PG to play with.

Are they just dying to get their hands on an overpaid, long contract wielding, oft-injured, defensively liable, past-his-prime, negative headline grabbing, criminal lawyer paying point guard with a questionable work ethic?
    well, they did trade for wally and big ben last year (past-his-prime, overpaid, etc.) but, still, eric snow for tinsley is ridiculous.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 08-07-2008 at 05:57 PM.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Interesting, under what moniker did he post?
    He posted under godisreggie over there, great guy.
    One size does not fit all!

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    The Snow trade is the best one.
    Agreed. I'd have no problem if the Pacers then bought out Eric Snow and let him sign up to the backup/ third stringer on a title contender.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I don't think they would.
    I think its clear they need backcourt help alongside LBJ.

The "good" version of Jamaal - reunited with the exceptional Mike Brown - just might be able to do that.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post

The "good" version of Jamaal - reunited with the exceptional Mike Brown - just might be able to do that.
    Good luck to Mike Brown if he wants to gamble his career on JT. It would take an exceptional relationship between coach and player to get Jamaal to put the team first but if any one can do it Brown would be my choice.

Can someone even begin to explain why Cleveland (Santa Claus) would do this? Are they just dying to get their hands on an overpaid, long contract wielding, oft-injured, defensively liable, past-his-prime, negative headline grabbing, criminal lawyer paying point guard with a questionable work ethic?

What's the advantage they are seeking here?

Sorry for making another off-point post, but this needs:

" . . . dustpan-brandishing, fourth-quarter-overtaking . . . "
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    Sorry for making another off-point post, but this needs:

" . . . dustpan-brandishing, fourth-quarter-overtaking . . . "
    .... coach ignoring, risk taking, game losing ....
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

i like number five; was tj ford winning gold already posted?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...l-NBA+Olympics

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post

I agree. But I expect them [Cleveland] to pussy-foot around until he [LeBron]'s three-quarters of the way out the door, and then pull a massive trade to mortgage their future that's too late to keep him, but leaves them with no potential.

Just seems like the logical extension of their plans.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I wouldn't think the Cavs would be in a hurry to dump Snows expiring contract, but if they're really looking for a point guard that could either start or play significant minutes I couldn't think of a solid point guard that they could acquire for snow other then Tinsley. Expiring contracts have their value, but they're not going to trade Snow for any starting point guard in the NBA. As point guards continue to disappear like Boykins and Williams, Tinsley may start to look better to teams in need of a point. I think the FO needs to be patient with this move.

Alot of the proposed trades are too far out the box. I believe the most rationale deal is with Miami for Haslem. The Heat probably want a 1st round pick, but I say the Pacers should offer no more than a 2nd round pick or Williams.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

I agree. But I expect them [Cleveland] to pussy-foot around until he [LeBron]'s three-quarters of the way out the door, and then pull a massive trade to mortgage their future that's too late to keep him, but leaves them with no potential.

Just seems like the logical extension of their plans.
    yeah. with their expiring contracts this season (wally $13m, snow $7m, joe smith $5m, damon jones $4m), cleveland won't lack for trade partners.

the question is what quality of players they can hope to obtain. a pau gasol type is not given away every year. the trade market for them is more likely to include guys like k-mart and z-bo. it's not impossible that they'd settle for tinsley once all other options are exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    yeah. with their expiring contracts this season (wally $13m, snow $7m, joe smith $5m, damon jones $4m), cleveland won't lack for trade partners.

the question is what quality of players they can hope to obtain. a pau gasol type is not given away every year. the trade market for them is more likely to include guys like k-mart and z-bo. it's not impossible that they'd settle for tinsley once all other options are exhausted.
    Iverson

The past few seasons have been frightful,
    but the offseason's been quite delightful,
    But Tinsley's got no place to go,
    Let it Snow, let it Snow, let it Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    Alot of the proposed trades are too far out the box. I believe the most rationale deal is with Miami for Haslem. The Heat probably want a 1st round pick, but I say the Pacers should offer no more than a 2nd round pick or Williams.
    Again, the Heat simply aren't going to trade Haslem's 2 years for Tinlsey's 3. They want all the cap room and flexibility they can get for summer 2010, and Tinsley's deal is simply one year too long. And that's forgetting the fact that Haslem is a solid player who has shown consistency and character and is well liked by the organization, which can't be said for Tinsley. If you're not throwing in a 1st round pick, forget about it.

Yeah, it's a gamble on Miami's part to save up cap space when they might ultimately come up empty handed, but that's easily a better risk than investing 3 years and $21M on a guy with Tinsley's track record.
    Last edited by d_c; 08-07-2008 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    Tinsley and Williams for Haslem? Done. No questions asked.

EDIT: Trade doesn't work, though, without Miami including more. Or we could throw in Dunleavy and they could give us Marion instead...
    Last edited by Anthem; 08-07-2008 at 11:43 PM.

Enjoy your time at PD!