Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RealGm.com Tinsley Trade Options

Default RealGm.com Tinsley Trade Options

http://pacers.realgm.com/articles/14...ch_of_a_taker/

I like numbers 2 and 5, although, highly doubtful.
    Last edited by eldubious; 08-06-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Default Re: RealGm.com Tinsley Trade Options

Quote Originally Posted by eldubious View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I like numbers 2 and 5, although, highly doubtful.
    I like 2 also, but it would depend on who or what else we had to give up.

Now watch someone get on here and take these trade scenarios seriously.

These aren't even rumors people. Remember that! Just some trade possibility's that a senior writer on RealGM came up with.

I would do any of them in this order:

Picking up Haslem for Tinsley and Williams would be fine IMO. Haslem can actually fill the PF position nicely on the Pacers.

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

I like trade 3.. then trade 5. Trade 2 is also good
    Last edited by Haggard; 08-06-2008 at 11:05 PM.
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

The only one of those trades that the other team would consider doing is Phoenix in scenario #5, and that's hardly a slam dunk they'll say yes. But they'd definitely have to consider it.

In all the other scenarios, the other teams would give you nothing but a dial tone.
    Last edited by d_c; 08-06-2008 at 11:10 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

#3 would be awesome but it's absolutely unrealistic.

But could you imagine getting David Lee AND an expiring for Tinsley?

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    #3 would be awesome but it's absolutely unrealistic.
    They're all pretty unrealistic except for #5.

Andrew Perna was pretty much acting like a used car, door to door, or infomercial salesperson in that entire article, talking about how much those teams needed the product he was selling.

In reality, none of those teams needs Tinsley nearly as badly as the Pacers need to get rid of him, and that's the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    They're all pretty unrealistic except for #5.

Andrew Perna was pretty much acting like a used car, door to door, or infomercial salesperson in that entire article, talking about how much those teams needed the product he was selling.

In reality, none of those teams needs Tinsley nearly as badly as the Pacers need to get rid of him, and that's the challenge.
    How badly do you figure the Suns need to get rid of Diaw? His contract is a heck of an albatross, and it has one more year and a bigger annual rate than Tinsley's.

Enough to trade for Tinsley?

I like options #3 and #5.

Option 3

David Lee is very coachable and plays some sound, fundamental basketball. He's young, strong and has some decent post moves. Not necessarily a back-to-the-basket kind of player, but with his quickness and youth he wouldn't need to develop such moves for a few more years yet.

Malik Ross would just be filler, but he has some toughness. Perhaps a change in scenery will be enough to motivate him this season to step up his game alittle. But alas, I doubt DW would want to pull the trigger on this trade being that he's intimately familiar w/the baggage these players carry. (I wonder if there's any chance Bird can pull the sympathy card here..."Look here, Donnie, you left me with a mess. You owe me, buddy." Think he'd buy it?)

Option 5

A 2-for-1 to get Boris Diaw would kill two birds with one stone: 1) We'd be rid of Tinsley and would also give up potential in Williams, but with the bone headed off-court moves he's been making lately...I think I can part ways with him and not lose any sleep over it; and, 2) we'd be gaining more youth to develop alongside the already young group of players we have. Plus, I think Diaw has been looking for a chance to start w/the Suns but that opportunity just hasn't come. Like w/Malik, maybe a change of scenery will also do him some good.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    How badly do you figure the Suns need to get rid of Diaw? His contract is a heck of an albatross, and it has one more year and a bigger annual rate than Tinsley's.

Enough to trade for Tinsley?
    The fact that Diaw's deal is bigger/longer than Tinsley's is what actually makes the other team want to deal that. All these other trades with the Pacers getting the shorter contract(s) in return (never mind whether those players are useful or not) are pretty far fetched.

I think the Suns would have to strongly consider that. But it's not as if Tinsley is their only option. They could package Diaw along with Barbosa (just for example) and see what that could fetch them.

Failed Trade Scenario

Sorry, but this trade does not work.

Due to Tinsley being a turd sandwich, your proposed trade is ridiculous, and you cannot even get a bag of Doritos for him unless perhaps it is tainted with shards of glass, which did not happen here (only Indiana met the condition).

This trade does not satisfy the provisions of the Tinsley is a turd sandwich postulate, which also states that no degree of special sauce will sweeten the deal adequately.

Give up now.

Mood

I don't know about the Orlando one, but I think I would do the rest.

Trade #4 is not a Redickulous thought.

The trade for Udonis Haslem intrigues me the most as it fills a need for both teams. Of course it would come at a price I'm sure, something to the tune of a draft pick or cash considerations.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

As long as we don't give them back our rights to Stanko Barac...

Sports Logo

For all of you that think that trading Tinsley+Shawne to the Suns for Diaw is decent.....you have to consider this.......despite moving Tinsley...the cost would be too much for a mediocre player like Diaw....not only was he averaging 9ppg/5rpg playing 29 minutes under a similiar offensive system with a far superior PG that is KNOWN to significantly inflate a players stats......Diaw is owed a total of $14 mil more in guaranteed $$$ over 4+ seasons then Tinsley is owed and has an additional year in his contract.

Trading Tinsley for Diaw would hurt us financially....which I didn't think was even possible with the sheer # of Long-term Contracts that we have.

In truth....when I look at all those trade suggestions.....most of them are nice...but unrealistic.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-07-2008 at 12:54 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Another gem from Andrew Perna. I hope he was joking on #6. No way in hell the Kings would trade one of those guys for our ****.

If we somehow landed David Lee as part of a Tinsley trade, I'd be elated. He's one of my top 5 favorite non-Pacers.

DC...

Is a Tinsley, Murphy, Williams for Diaw, Barbosa trade be realistic....

I would love to have Barbosa on this team I really don't like eating Diaw's just to move Tinsley. This would also set us up to make another trade to thin out our guards....

When it comes to trades I think that the view of non-pacers fans are vital. Due to the Pacer Juice we all drink....Destorting our view of our players. Perna was on the Indy star board all the time and he is a very big pacer fan.
    Last edited by esabyrn333; 08-07-2008 at 08:51 AM.

Wow! He starts out with a "bold" statement. One that we've known on this board for months.

After having a conversation with Pacers general manager David Morway on Tuesday morning, I strongly believe that Indiana will do everything within their power to trade Jamaal Tinsley prior to the 2008-09 season

Tinsley will be traded, he has enough talent to play in this league. There are 2 things, however, that I think kills any potential trade.

1. With an already overflowing lineup, I strongly doubt the Pacers do any deals that bring in more players than are going out.

2. The only large salary contracts that will even be considered, are those that are expiring. For that reason, a deal for Diaw is highly unlikely.

I still think Miami is where JT will end up. Not sure what the exact pieces will be, but both teams needs seem to match up nicely. Also, JT had some of his best games against Miami, so they know the skills he has.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Another gem from Andrew Perna. I hope he was joking on #6. No way in hell the Kings would trade one of those guys for our ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twowa View Post
    Wow! He starts out with a "bold" statement. One that we've known on this board for months.

After having a conversation with Pacers general manager David Morway on Tuesday morning, I strongly believe that Indiana will do everything within their power to trade Jamaal Tinsley prior to the 2008-09 season
    What do you guys have against Andrew Perna? Lay off. He obviously has more clout than most of us. He actually spoke to David Morway about the Pacers, when is the last time one of us did that? And we didn't know that the Pacers were going to trade Jamaal. Some people still believe he'll be bought out or just be told to sit out. I'm glad we have a Pacer-oriented writer on a fairly popular website. I don't know understand what you guys have against him.

Yeah, I like the Orlando one the least - all the other ones sound good to me

Trade #1
    Tinsley goes to Cleveland for Eric Snow
    Snow hasn’t played since February, but in reality Indiana wouldn’t need him on the court. He has an expiring contract, always a valuable trade chip, and could provide the Pacers with a much-needed veteran presence. Sure, they’d have four point guards under contract (Snow, T.J. Ford, Jarrett Jack and Travis Diener), but they’d be ridding themselves of Tinsley.

The Cavaliers are searching for a true point guard, and Tinsley could be that player for the next three years at a relatively low price. Cleveland won’t have to pay him all that much and would only be giving up Snow in the process. With a number of guards choosing Europe over the NBA, Jamaal might be one of their top options.

Trade #2
    Tinsley goes to Miami for Udonis Haslem
    Haslem would provide Indiana with instant help inside the paint, something the team needs despite the presence of rookie center Roy Hibbert in blue-and-gold. The forward’s contract also ends a year before Tinsley’s, and the Heat appear willing to deal him as his name has popped up in rumors since this past season’s trade deadline.

Miami drafted Michael Beasley in June, and he should step in as the starting power forward from Day One. Haslem isn’t large enough to switch over to center, so he’s partially expendable to Pat Riley. Tinsley would immediately become the team’s best option at point guard, even if Jason Williams returns unexpectedly. Rookie Mario Chalmers is NBA ready, but he shouldn’t be playing a ton right off the bat.

The Heat might ask for something else, whether it is a future pick, another player or for Indiana to take a bad contract back in such a deal. As long as it means Tinsley is out and Haslem is in…they should probably take it.

Trade #3
    Tinsley and Shawne Williams go to New York for David Lee and Malik Rose
    The Pacers add two big bodies, with Rose having an expiring contract. Lee could come off the books next summer as well if Indiana decided he didn’t fit well in Jim O’Brien’s scheme. The deal allows them to get rid of both Tinsley and Williams, who has had his fair share of issues in the past as well. The size would be welcomed in Indiana, as would Lee’s work ethic.

New York executive Donnie Walsh might want to stay away from these two players, having gotten to know them rather well in Indiana. However, if Stephon Marbury is off the roster this season, Tinsley would team nicely with Chris Duhon for a two-headed point tandem. Lee has been rumored to not be a favorite of new coach Mike D’Antoni, making this idea a plausible one.

Trade #4
    Tinsley goes to Orlando for Brian Cook and J.J. Redick
    Cook can play inside for the Pacers, or never last through camp on a bloated Indiana roster. Redick would provide a nice outside threat, something that O’Brien counts on more often than Stan Van Gundy. A fresh start on a new team could help the former Duke sharpshooter jumpstart his NBA career.

The Magic could use a different look at point guard, and Tinsley could provide that change while sharing the load with Jameer Nelson. Redick seems to have had one foot out the door since he was drafted and Cook isn’t needed with a ton of big men under contract in Orlando. Such a move would relieve the pressure placed on other players to handle the ball while Nelson is on the bench as well.

Trade #5
    Tinsley and Williams go to Phoenix for Boris Diaw
    Diaw doesn’t have the most appealing of contracts, but he would fortify the interior while allowing the Pacers to shrink their roster in the process. Leandro Barbosa could be an option in a trade with the Suns as well, but with a ton of perimeter players capable of playing the two and three on the roster, I doubt Morway and Bird would want to create even more of a logjam.

The Suns are looking for someone to lessen the strain on Steve Nash, and both Diaw and Barbosa appear to be their most likely trade chips this offseason. Steve Kerr would love to rid himself of the $9,000,000 per year that Diaw will earn in each of the next three seasons as well.

Trade #6
    Tinsley, Travis Diener and Stephen Graham go to Sacramento for Shelden Williams, Quincy Douby and Francisco Garcia
    The Pacers would add a nice jump shooter in Garcia, a new third point guard in Douby and a banger in Williams. Under the rules of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, a multiplayer deal would likely have to be executed. That is, unless Indiana wants perennial loser (in the win column) Shareef Abdur-Rahim.

Beno Udrih is Sacramento’s only “established” point guard, which might scare some fans. Tinsley would step in right away and could split time right down the middle with Udrih, while Diener brings a different look than Douby as a third option. Of course, the “pending” Ron Artest trade that would bring Bobby Jackson to Sacramento could prevent the Kings from pulling the trigger on a deal for Tinsley.

The Snow trade is the best one.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    What do you guys have against Andrew Perna? Lay off. He obviously has more clout than most of us. He actually spoke to David Morway about the Pacers, when is the last time one of us did that? And we didn't know that the Pacers were going to trade Jamaal. Some people still believe he'll be bought out or just be told to sit out. I'm glad we have a Pacer-oriented writer on a fairly popular website. I don't know understand what you guys have against him.
    I have nothing against him personally or professionally. I just thought the article was a little dated. Maybe realgm waited too long to post it or I didn't notice it until now, but it's kinda old news that the Pacers will not buy out Tinsley or have him on the roster this year.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

streets ahead

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    DC...

Is a Tinsley, Murphy, Williams for Diaw, Barbosa trade be realistic....

I would love to have Barbosa on this team I really don't like eating Diaw's just to move Tinsley. This would also set us up to make another trade to thin out our guards....

When it comes to trades I think that the view of non-pacers fans are vital. Due to the Pacer Juice we all drink....Destorting our view of our players. Perna was on the Indy star board all the time and he is a very big pacer fan.
    you didn't ask me but i'll answer.

i don't really see either team being incredibly interested. the suns would add $3mil per year in payroll for the next three seasons. the pacers ultimately would take on an additional $9mil given diaw and barbosa are signed for four more years.

out of what andrew suggested, the only one based in reality is the diaw trade. if we could do the CLE or the NYK deal it'd be amazing. but it won't happen. no one is going to trade an exp. contract straight up for tinsley or a package like rose/lee for tinsley and shawne. there are three people the knicks would be interested in trading for tinsley: jeffries, ZBo and possibly jerome james.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 08-07-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    This is the darkest timeline.