Thread: Josh Howard continues to show his superior intelligence

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Josh Howard continues to show his superior intelligence

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3515172

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Dallas Mavericks forward Josh Howard was arrested in his hometown after police said he was drag racing on a Winston-Salem street.

He is charged with speeding (94 mph in a 55 mph zone), careless and reckless driving, and speed competition. He has been released from the Forsyth County jail on a written promise to appear in court Sept. 23.
    Police said an officer saw a black Lexus and a silver Volkswagen speeding along U.S. 421 late Thursday night. The officer stopped the Lexus, and Howard was identified as the driver. Authorities didn't identify the other driver.
    Howard played in high school in nearby Kernersville and was a standout at Wake Forest.
    According to the Winston-Salem Journal, Howard is in town this week for a basketball camp sponsored by his foundation.
    The Dallas Mavericks drafted Howard in the first round of the 2003 NBA draft, and was named to the All-Star team in 2007.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo

Default Re: Josh Howard continues to show his superior intelligence

He has to be gone after this. Drag racing? Are you serious? What if he crashed?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Hey kids, after camp today we are going to do some drag racing in the streets! Anyone want to come watch?

I hope his camp was nice enough to refund any parent's money that pulled their kid out after that.

Sports Logo

Josh Howard and Shawne should hang out some time...they both have the same mentality when it comes to trying to repair the PR image.

I'm guessing that since he is actually a Starting quality SF....the proverbial "ice" is thicker then Shawne's....but I'm guessing that Cuban isn't too happy with this.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Well, was he winning?

Sports Logo

On a positive note, at least he wasn't drag racing while high.

Josh Howard is officially a massive tool.

And he's been one of the most overrated players in the league for a few years now...

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm guessing if he wasn't famous then he might have gotten a break. I remember riding my motorcycle and I was doing a 100 in a 45mph zone and the cop wrote me for a tick for 65 in a 45mph zone. Good thing is he didn't clock me at 165mph I slowed down so much he caught up with me , I wasn't paying attention and could've easily outran him or pulled off on a side road. The cop even chuckled cause he knew if I would've kept up speed , I could've easily out ran him. Maybe that's why he gave me a break. Cause he could've had my bike towed and put me in jail. What a nice officer.

I've been pulled over speeding well in excess of the limit as well, and have had my ticket written way down simply by just being nice and apologetic to the officer (mainly because I knew I was being an idiot anyway.) My guess is that Josh was neither of those things when he was pulled over and probably played the "Do you know who I am?" card. I've found that it's much better to just accept your punishment when you get caught the more you try to avoid it, the harsher it ends up being.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The problem with trading Howard now is that you will never get fair market value. We have seen this with Artest. Dallas doesn't have a PR crisis like the Pacers do, so I believe they will hang on to him.

Mood

Speeding and Racing should be legalized, or at least make it so one can do it in the privacy of their own house...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Drag Racing has a bad history in NC, especially for NBA players.........

Ask Bobby Phils or David Wesley.....Well, You'll probably have to ask Wesley, Phils didn't survive.....Crashed outside the arena racing Wesley.....died instantly. Nearly killed a family in a van if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My guess is that Josh was neither of those things when he was pulled over and probably played the "Do you know who I am?" card. I've found that it's much better to just accept your punishment when you get caught the more you try to avoid it, the harsher it ends up being.
    Well, since we have no evidence either way I don't think it's particularly fair to paint him as a prima donna. Every interview with him and article on him I've read he's come off as a very decent guy, not a big head at all and very down to earth.

I understand that going that fast is dangerous and I don't reccomend racing, but come on. He has to be traded because he drag raced? Racing or going needlessly fast on a road is something I'd venture that a majority of us are guilty of. Howard's problem is he got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Well, since we have no evidence either way I don't think it's particularly fair to paint him as a prima donna. Every interview with him and article on him I've read he's come off as a very decent guy, not a big head at all and very down to earth.

I understand that going that fast is dangerous and I don't reccomend racing, but come on. He has to be traded because he drag raced? Racing or going needlessly fast on a road is something I'd venture that a majority of us are guilty of. Howard's problem is he got caught.
    Agreed. Poor decision on his part. As to what happened when he stopped, who knows?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Us crazy people in Dallas accept things like this. If it doesn't effect his play we honestly don't care.

Mood

I think the moral of the story is " He's Human just like the rest of Us" He makes mistakes and everyone does it.

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    Us crazy people in Dallas accept things like this. If it doesn't effect his play we honestly don't care.
    I don't care either. It's just the conservative nature of most Indiana bible bunnies to scorn people for being human. If it was on a interstate, oh well. I've been guilty of this on more than one occasion, so I can't judge the man. The only difference is that he can afford his fines.

You guys have a lot of nerve acting like most people are reckless, immature drivers...

Speak for yourselves. Cars are killing machines and anyone who abuses their power should be punished accordingly. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    You guys have a lot of nerve acting like most people are reckless, immature drivers...

Speak for yourselves. Cars are killing machines and anyone who abuses their power should be punished accordingly. Period.
    Agreed, but I also don't think we should lynch the guy for being a dumb young guy with more balls than brains.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Wow. Just because our team has had a nightmare of a time off the court does not make the fans bible bunnies who scorn.

Now granted I do think that this is not as big as deal as most of our problems. Just because we have had a nightmare does not mean we can look at everything through the those lens.

I wonder what would have happened to me if I called one of you a lollgagging pagan who have no regard for order and decency?

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    Why? I think most people ARE reckless, immature drivers. You may not not be, which is great, but a good percentage of people I encounter in the US are (and don't even get me started on Asia, where I live. It's indescribable how bad/dangerous/insane the drivers are).

Quote Originally Posted by TheSauceMaster View Post
    I think the moral of the story is " He's Human just like the rest of Us" He makes mistakes and everyone does it.
    A mistake is forgetting to signal or turn on your headlights. This was a conscious decision that endangered himself and everyone else on the road. This was reckless and intentional. It was not a mistake. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramitt View Post
    Agreed, but I also don't think we should lynch the guy for being a dumb young guy with more balls than brains.
    Right, how about just take his driving license away for 5 years. That seems about right.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by loborick View Post
    A mistake is forgetting to signal or turn on your headlights. This was a conscious decision that endangered himself and everyone else on the road. This was reckless and intentional. It was not a mistake. He knew exactly what he was doing.
    Okay he made a bad choice. Which is making a mistake or poor decision. We have all done them.

I won't disagree it was something he shouldn't have been doing , but busting a blood vessel over it isn't going to help it either. I think Nick Hogan is a perfect example of what can happen. Remember thought it takes 2 people , so he wasn't the only one making a bad choice.

I think I will go take a xanax so I can calm down.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    Drag Racing has a bad history in NC, especially for NBA players.........

Ask Bobby Phils or David Wesley.....Well, You'll probably have to ask Wesley, Phils didn't survive.....Crashed outside the arena racing Wesley.....died instantly. Nearly killed a family in a van if I remember correctly.
    What Phils and Wesley were doing was not "Drag Racing". It was a speed contest, but not "Drag Racing". Weaving in and out of traffic is not Drag Racing. If the speed contest is longer than an 1/8 mile or a 1/4 mile it's not Drag Racing. If it is not started from a dead stop it's not Drag Racing, it's road racing or something else. The news and very stupid movies call it Drag Racing all the time, but they are clueless. Unfortunately Drag Racing does happen on the streets, but most of the stuff reported is not drag racing.

Not picking on you Gyron, this is just one of my pet peeves. I've been drag racing for 20+ years. I'll be at ORP this Sat and Sun competing in the Super Pro Class.

Most Tuesday nights at ORP in Clermont ANYONE can take their car, truck, mini van or whatever they want down the drag strip. Give a try some time, it's a lot of fun.

Mines the red Camaro, this is from Munice's Drag Strip.