Thread: Anyone else having the NBA offseason shape up weird for them?

Default Anyone else having the NBA offseason shape up weird for them?

I guess it's official. I just lost TWO of my cornerstone players to Europe: Nenad Krystic and Josh Childress. Not only where they two guys I was building my team upon, but they were both two position players. Really weird. Makes for very odd draft planning. Anyone else having some goofy stuff happening to their team this off-season?
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Default Re: Anyone else having the NBA offseason shape up weird for them?

Just a couple of minor blips I guess.

Splitter stayed in Europe, kind of a little surprise there. I picked him up late hoping that I could steal a 1st round talent without using a 1st round pick.

Gerald Green was about ready to be tossed aside then he plays well for the Mavs. With Dallas looking to stir things up a little, Green might get some minutes off the bench this year. But he's the 10th guy on my 9 man protected list so............

Other than that I've been trying to figure out the top 6 draft picks.

I was thinking of you when I saw those deals - I remember you going after Krstic when he was still in Europe. That was a pretty good move. I also remember struggling with the decision to drop Childress a few years ago. I feel better about that now.

I haven't even begun thinking about next season yet. Probably won't much at least until Sept.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just a couple of minor blips I guess.

Splitter stayed in Europe, kind of a little surprise there. I picked him up late hoping that I could steal a 1st round talent without using a 1st round pick.

Gerald Green was about ready to be tossed aside then he plays well for the Mavs. With Dallas looking to stir things up a little, Green might get some minutes off the bench this year. But he's the 10th guy on my 9 man protected list so............

Other than that I've been trying to figure out the top 6 draft picks.
    Yeah, I can honestly say that I'm happy I don't have to pick in the 4-9 range this year. I hope to have that "problem" next year, maybe .

I haven't had a player going to Europe or something like that, luckily.

With regards to next year, I am continuing the rebuilding process started last year and have started making a list of players with regards to the draft.

Regards,

Mourning
    Last edited by Mourning; 07-29-2008 at 08:52 AM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

The irony here is that I actually tried to trade you for Childress last season.

"Shoulda taken the money, Tooms."

[/obscure sci-fi reference]
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Well, I'm feeling pretty good considering the 06-07 Shaq deal with Scott included getting Marcus Williams and moving Childress to him.

But of course, he won a championship because of that deal, so thats a nice trade off.

I’m properly in the other camp, I’m having an awesome off-season without having made a move so far

With Simmons ( now NJ ) and Jack (Now Indiana ) both being traded to teams where they should play more, my only major annoyance is Golden State Matching Azubuike’s offer...

Just have some minor concerns with Harrington’s unhappiness at Golden and hoping Kirilenko gets traded to a contender where he can play more.

Apart from that. No major problems...

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...