Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36

Thread: Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow

  1. #1
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,190
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Nenad to Moscow?

    Netsdaily.com
    Source: “Mondo”, Interview by Nikola Jankovic and B92, Serbian internet portal
    Translated by Milan Lazarevic


    Krstic: NBA is not priority

    July 28th, 2008, 12:24 pm by Dantes Source: “Mondo”, Interview by Nikola Jankovic and B92, Serbian internet portal
    Translated by Milan Lazarevic
    Nenad Krstic, Serbian national player, stayed in Russia after tournament in Moscow, while all other players from Serbian squad went to China to play on Diamond ball. A reason is not injury, or disqualification from national team, but his trying to find a new team.
    In interview for “Mondo” he’s saying that NBA is not a “must do” thing.
    “I’ll stay in Moscow for day or two… I’m trying to finish details about new contract”, Krstic said in Monday afternoon.
    MONDO: Is Triumph your new option?
    Krstic: There’s some true about that… But, I don’t want to talk about details, it’ really too early. I don’t want to talk about that because there are other offers from NBA, Europe and Russia. I expect that I’ll sign new contract as soon as possible, because I really want to join to my national teammates in China.
    MONDO: So, you don’t exclude an option to stay in Europe?
    Krstic: I don’t… NBA is not my priority. Actually, recently NBA was really unfair with players who have one year till the end of the contract. Those players’ rights are seriously in danger.
    MONDO: There are so many players who left NBA this year: Navarro, Garbajosa…
    Krstic: NBA clubs are trying maximally to make lower my price on market. I know how good I am and how much effort and work I invested in myself during career. I don’t want let NBA clubs to put me on so low level. That’s maybe good for them, but I know how much I deserve.
    MONDO: Is money your only motive to come back to Europe?
    Krstic: No. European basketball is closer and closer to NBA quality, and so many players are coming to Europe from there. It’s not secret that European clubs, especially Russian, are bringing players with much better financial contract details then in USA.
    MONDO: Is Euroleague one of main factors in choosing club?
    Krstic: I would like if I can sign for some Euroleague club, but that will not be a main factor.
    MONDO: Are you satisfied with latest performances by National team? Serbian public is positively surprised with wins against Latvia, Ukraine and Russia…
    Krstic: Since first day I started to work with Dusan Ivkovic I realised that it would be something special. Besides good work we have good atmosphere, because all players are close to each other because of our age. We know each other since we were playing for youth Serbian National teams. Tournament in Moscow was just a first one and it doesn’t mean a lot. Some other things are much more important, like: exceptional attitude for work and responsibility.
    MONDO: You grow up in European system of trainings, but during last few years you were working in NBA style… Are you satisfied with returning to European way of work?
    Krstic: Of course, I’m very pleased, except fact that I’m practicing now two times per day. I used to have on one, but longer practice. That’s NBA style of work. But, I’m very happy that I’m working now “old” exercises. I started in such school and it’s naturally that I’m pleased with them.
    MONDO: Also, you’re speaking Serbian again…
    Krstic: Finally! After everything I survived last two years, after all injuries, it’ very good to be again with old friends. I’m very happy that I work again with our coaches and that people around me are speaking Serbian language.
    MONDO: Do you still have problems with your knee injury?
    Krstic: No. I must say that. Since first day in National team I have special program for practicing, especially in gym where I’m working with Bata Zimonjic to make my leg stronger. Our coaching stuff has many credits because that injury is part of history now, because they helped me in many ways to return back. Firstly, there were some small pains because I dint play last two and half months, but since I found strength pains disappeared, just like fear that I would injure again. Thank god, that’s beside me…
    B92: Krstic got offer from Russian Triumph and stayed in Russia, while all other players went to China. There are equal chances for him to stay in NBA and to come back to Europe. Nets made new contract offer and Cleveland Cavaliers are also interested.
    “Krstic has to make decision where he will continue his career and because of that he will stay in Russia or he will go to USA to sign new contract. Depend on that fact he will come to China to play with us, or he will come back to Belgrade where he will wait for us to continue with practicing”, Dusan Ivkovic, Serbian national team head-coach, said.
    “Nenad was working perfectly during last whole month and he’s on the good road to completely recover and come back to form which he had before accidents with injuries which he had last year. He was with us since very first day, even he didn’t have signed contract, and he was completely without insurance, practically free agent. I think it’s better for our team that Krstic finally solve this problem and then join team and continue with work.”, Ivkovic said.
    Lazy translation. But it makes one think. Could there be another strike at the next CBA? Is it that bad to be a RFA?


  2. #2

    Question Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Nenad does bring up an interesting issue that's become a norm with team in terms of business dealings (trades) concerning players who reach the final year of their contract.

    It's become more of a standard practise to use the player in his final year as trade bait rather than allow him (or her in the WNBA) to finish out his contract with his respected team. It's not anything new, but it's become more common place nowadays. Can you imagine the paranoia most players face especially role players who have to be wondering what will become of them since they've reached that final year? In some cases, they're innocently packaged with some guy that was a problem player (no matter how big or small) just because his final year comes off the books at season's end for the gaining team. I assume most foriegn players may not be use to this kind of business dealing. I mean, if they sign a 4-year contract maybe they expect to be on that team for the duration and not get shipped out at the 3-year mark just because...

  3. #3
    Banned Jonathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    I hope he stays with New Jersey b/c I predicted them in the playoffs. This will help out the Pacers because he scorched us several times.

  4. #4
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    He hasn't looked that great this year.... I'd be really curious to see what he thinks his value is.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He hasn't looked that great this year.... I'd be really curious to see what he thinks his value is.
    Rumour is that he got offered 3m euros a year.

  6. #6
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Since we're going to be talking about it a lot it seems there is no real plural word for euro, as euros is a word that no European actually uses. Something is one euro or a million euro, not euros. I am guilty of this myself at times but since Graham isn't on the job for this one I thought I would be.

    Oh, and Nenad...he may not even be NBA talent now.

  7. #7
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,190
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    I believe the issues he raises go beyond him, as he suggests. Whether or not he is "NBA talent" others are. Imagine not knowing where you will work after your time is up at your current job. Wait many Americans are feeling that right now?

    Welcome to America.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since we're going to be talking about it a lot it seems there is no real plural word for euro, as euros is a word that no European actually uses. Something is one euro or a million euro, not euros. I am guilty of this myself at times but since Graham isn't on the job for this one I thought I would be.

    Oh, and Nenad...he may not even be NBA talent now.
    Well appearantly i do, but english isn't my first language.

    Nenad is NBA talent, maybe not a starter, but he's definetly better then a whole bunch of players in the league even after his injury ridden season.

  9. #9
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,585
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    This is no surprise at all. I have always liked Kristic's game though. I love big men who can shoot mid range jumpers well.

  10. #10
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since we're going to be talking about it a lot it seems there is no real plural word for euro, as euros is a word that no European actually uses. Something is one euro or a million euro, not euros. I am guilty of this myself at times but since Graham isn't on the job for this one I thought I would be.

    Oh, and Nenad...he may not even be NBA talent now.
    Oh come on now, that's not true. One million euro or one million euros - they're both right and plenty of Europeans say the latter.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    If I was a betting person, I'd bet he doesn't come back to the NBA.

    It will be interesting to see what happens. It will be even more interesting to see what happens with RFA's next season.

  12. #12
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Imagine if we had made that trade with NJ to send them JO for Krstic. That deal was already cringe-worthy without the fear of him bolting for Moscow.

  13. #13
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,194

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Since we're going to be talking about it a lot it seems there is no real plural word for euro, as euros is a word that no European actually uses. Something is one euro or a million euro, not euros. I am guilty of this myself at times but since Graham isn't on the job for this one I thought I would be.

    Oh, and Nenad...he may not even be NBA talent now.
    I can definitely say that the Spanish employ the plural "euros".
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  14. #14

    Default Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow

    According to an Israeli web site, the Russian media is reporting that restricted free agent Nenad Krstic has agreed to terms with Dynamo Moscow Regional, and will play for the team in the upcoming season.
    http://www.netsdaily.com/
    Last edited by rock747; 07-28-2008 at 08:54 PM. Reason: oops didn't realize this had already been posted sorry.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    If I was a betting person, I'd bet he doesn't come back to the NBA.
    I really wish I was a betting person, oh well.

    So far 6 defections to Europe. I believe 5 out of the 6 had previous European ties with Childress being the exception.

  16. #16
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really wish I was a betting person, oh well.

    So far 6 defections to Europe. I believe 5 out of the 6 had previous European ties with Childress being the exception.
    Did it count as a "defection" when Travis Best went to Europe? Or, for that matter, Sarunas?

    Except for Childress, these are guys that no NBA team really wanted to pay.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  17. #17
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow

    Isn't Delonte West one of the "defectors?" I bet an NBA team could have used him.

  18. #18
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe the issues he raises go beyond him, as he suggests. Whether or not he is "NBA talent" others are. Imagine not knowing where you will work after your time is up at your current job. Wait many Americans are feeling that right now?

    Welcome to America.
    I'm sorry, but these guys get paid Millions of $'s a year. Worrying about where you'll play next season shouldn't even come into play. They know this is part of the business when they join the league. And they get paid VERY well to be able to move around like that.

    I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

  19. #19
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,748

    Default Re: Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't Delonte West one of the "defectors?" I bet an NBA team could have used him.
    Dunno, is that a done deal? I thought we'd said that with the exception of Childress, all of the defectors were from Europe originally.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  20. #20
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,664
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow

    This is happening in hockey too, with the notable example of Jagr going to play in Omsk of all places. This is the same Jagr who wears number 68 to commemorate the Prague Spring. That oil money flows in 21 Century Russia.

  21. #21
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,947

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow



    I guess I had bad information. Well, I can't wait to use this to show my friend up who told me that.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is happening in hockey too, with the notable example of Jagr going to play in Omsk of all places. This is the same Jagr who wears number 68 to commemorate the Prague Spring. That oil money flows in 21 Century Russia.
    Hockey doesn't count as a vast majority of NHL players are foriegners anyway.

  23. #23
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,664
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow

    Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hockey doesn't count as a vast majority of NHL players are foriegners anyway.
    First of all, that is not true unless you count Canadians as foreigners. The majority of NHL players are still North Americans. Secondly, the point is that the North American leagues no longer pay more by default. The professional sports leagues in Russia have a lot of oil money and are attracting good players, Europeans and otherwise.

  24. #24
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Nenad Kristic signs with Dynamo Moscow

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is happening in hockey too, with the notable example of Jagr going to play in Omsk of all places.
    He played there during the lock-out and supposedly loves the place. Not that surprising of a location if he was gonna leave the NHL (which also isn't surprising since the Rangers pretty much said they were no longer interested in his services). If he was not going to play at home in the Czech, Omsk was the next logical choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchConnection View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First of all, that is not true unless you count Hatters as foreigners.
    ...which I do.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  25. #25

    Default Re: Nenad to Moscow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Did it count as a "defection" when Travis Best went to Europe? Or, for that matter, Sarunas?

    Except for Childress, these are guys that no NBA team really wanted to pay.
    I didn't realize Best and Runi left the NBA this year to go back to Europe.

    You are right with the RFA situation teams expected to get them CHEAP. Surprise surprise, they didn't! I personally think it's humorous that the Euro players NBA teams raided are going back to Europe where they are being paid better. As the old saying goes "what goes around comes around."

    What I'm watching is how many American players will truly go to Europe for the dollars. For European players it's almost like going home, to an extent, where for American players it's a total new culture and language to have to deal with. Then there is the issue of players with families being willing to uproot their families to go play in Europe. It will be interesting to see if any of the upper grade of RFA bolt to Europe this year or next. Childress my be the exception or just the beginning.

    Another interesting question will be how many Euro players will make themselves available for future drafts, and what quality of Euro player will or won't. JMOAA
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 07-29-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Nenad to Moscow?
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-28-2008, 06:26 PM
  2. Delonte West to Dynamo Moscow?
    By idioteque in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •