Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

  1. #1
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,848

    Default Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    Watch this video on Roy Hibbert...pretty cool video.

    I was wondering where he got #55 from? Then I found out that thats the same number that Mutumbo wore at Goergetown (as well as Hibbert)

    [yt]uXqVThYIbDU[/yt]

  2. #2
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    This is my favorite Hibbert highlight. He looks like Tim Duncan with his shooting form.




    Here's another good one against L'Ville that shows his complete game. I think this shows what Obie meant about Roy being a "persistent runner". He gets out on the break pretty well for a guy his size.

    Last edited by naptownmenace; 07-24-2008 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  3. #3
    Lifer 2minutes twowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    The more I see of Hibbert, the more I like. He has some decent post moves. At his size, there's not many players that could stop him if he's in deep.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

  4. #4
    soul brother #1 BKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    HCMC, Vietnam
    Age
    29
    Posts
    890

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Watch this video on Roy Hibbert...pretty cool video.

    I was wondering where he got #55 from? Then I found out that thats the same number that Mutumbo wore at Goergetown (as well as Hibbert)

    [yt]uXqVThYIbDU[/yt]
    other interesting "number" fact, I don't know if you noticed but you can see him also wear #33 during his freshman year at Georgetown... there got to be a former Hoyas star bigs tribute here

    keep the legacy alive Roy!!

  5. #5
    Boom Baby'er ABADays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Coliseum
    Posts
    6,248

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    What legacy would that be?
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

  6. #6
    soul brother #1 BKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    HCMC, Vietnam
    Age
    29
    Posts
    890

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by ABADays View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What legacy would that be?

    legacy of big men out of Georgetown having significant impact in the league I guess

  7. #7
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,521
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    Hibbert had unrealistic expectations, but despite that played very well at Georgetown. He suffered from the Big Mans Syndrome, which no matter what stats he put up and how he played, people would always expect more because he was just so much bigger than everyone else. People who understand the game no better and can appreciate Roy for what he did. I think he could be a very good center for years to come for Indiana.

  8. #8
    Member Raoul Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philawarepraguacago
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by BKK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    legacy of big men out of Georgetown having significant impact in the league I guess
    unless your name is mike sweetney

  9. #9

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibbert had unrealistic expectations, but despite that played very well at Georgetown. He suffered from the Big Mans Syndrome, which no matter what stats he put up and how he played, people would always expect more because he was just so much bigger than everyone else.
    Your point is clear enough. But the term "Big Man's Syndrome" refers to the violent and corrupt governmental styles of African autocrats.

    "Big Man's Disease" is sometimes used to describe chronic back pain.

    One of the appealing things about Hibbert is that he's been very healthy through his years at Georgetown. He evidently doesn't suffers from Big Man's Disease.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

  10. #10
    Lifer 2minutes twowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: Georgetown's Legacy Lives on in Roy Hibbert

    Quote Originally Posted by Putnam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your point is clear enough. But the term "Big Man's Syndrome" refers to the violent and corrupt governmental styles of African autocrats.

    "Big Man's Disease" is sometimes used to describe chronic back pain.

    One of the appealing things about Hibbert is that he's been very healthy through his years at Georgetown. He evidently doesn't suffers from Big Man's Disease.
    Wow! Did I just learn something?
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Similar Threads

  1. Tbird draft analysis: Roy Hibbert
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 04:34 PM
  2. Roy Hibbert is refreshing.
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 02:31 AM
  3. Hibbert and Rush Press Conference
    By naptownmenace in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •