Thread: Just got a new job,will be moving

Default Just got a new job,will be moving

I just got a new job,and im going to be leaving indiana..about 2,200 miles away.Portland,Oregon.

I have so many different emotions,I love indiana and ive lived here my whole life.But Im also very excited to get to see a different part of the world,plus now I can see our own Greg Oden blossom.

But anyways,its just been so strange lately,my fiance has been on an emotional rollercoaster and ive been..well...numb.I dont know how to act,im scared,excited...everything.

We're actually going to live in a town in Washington called Vancouver.I just got back from hanging out with all of my friends for what will probably be the last time for at least 5 years (I have to be out there for 5 years).I just have to remind myself that we arent teenagers anymore,and that we are all grown men now and have our own lives.

Just now its actually in my face that there is about to be a huge change in my life.Im going to miss everyone...I know it seems like im talking like ill never see them again,but you know...its just how I feel.

And my parents and brother..Im going to miss them so badly,but what can I do?,Ive been offered what seems like a great opportunity and with the economy being so down lately and living in a small town of about 5,000..there really are no jobs here.

Man oh man,what a crazy past couple years it has been.
    LoneGranger33 said
    Agreed. As the members of Guns and Roses once said, "every rose has its thorn".

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Just got a new job,will be moving

Congratulations!

You'll love Portland.

And you know they have these inventions called airplanes. You can schedule an annual homecoming vacation to see everyone, and now everyone you know will have a place to stay on the west coast.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congratulations!

You'll love Portland.

And you know they have these inventions called airplanes. You can schedule an annual homecoming vacation to see everyone, and now everyone you know will have a place to stay on the west coast.

Haha,yeah I know about them there thinga ma bobs called aero-planes..lol.

But I do plan on having homecoming trips..and I told my friends that now they will have a place to visit on the west coast.Plus ive been told that the people out there in portland are alot more laid back then they are here in indiana....I sure hope so...
    LoneGranger33 said

Congratulations bud, sounds like it is well deserved..

Enjoy it and like LA says the aeroplanes sure are a great invention...

I moved away last year for my current job and it was the best thing I have done in a while... it was only 100 KM's from my ol home and no where near 2,200 Miles... but as long as the job as what you want and your Fiancee is tagging along, your in a good situation

Good Luck with it and keep us updated

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Nice.

I had moved away from my home of London when I was 19 to live out in Alberta which is about 4000KMs or whatever for miles. Luckily I had my brother out there with me so it wasnt as big of a shock but it was tough. After 15 months I had enough and came back. But I am up for moving away somewhere for work again. You miss certain things about being away.

Good Luck Brian and keep the PD gang updated

Are you sure that town in Washington isn't really in Canada?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

25 years old, a young woman on your arm and moving to one of the most beautiful and exciting areas in the country.

by the way, remember to do lots of stuff in the community - go to church (if that's your bag), sign up for dance lessons, go see live music at small venues.

Meeting new people and doing new things will cure the loneliness. Whatever you do, don't sit around and watch TV - especially not your fiancee. It's probably going to be more important that SHE meet girlfriends to hang out with and talk about girly stuff. If you both only depend on each other for your social life, you're going to drive each other crazy in less than a year.

Just get out there.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    25 years old, a young woman on your arm and moving to one of the most beautiful and exciting areas in the country.

by the way, remember to do lots of stuff in the community - go to church (if that's your bag), sign up for dance lessons, go see live music at small venues.

Meeting new people and doing new things will cure the loneliness. Whatever you do, don't sit around and watch TV - especially not your fiancee. It's probably going to be more important that SHE meet girlfriends to hang out with and talk about girly stuff. If you both only depend on each other for your social life, you're going to drive each other crazy in less than a year.

Just get out there.
    Don't want to scare you but take LA's wonderful advice to heart. We moved my friend out to Denver a few years back and he and his fiancee were broken up and she moved back here within 6 months, and it was basically because of the exact same reasons LA mentioned.

woman without a team

Kegboy will be so jealous because you won't have to pay for League Pass to watch Greg Oden play.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Congrats! I have a new job myself and will be moving from Ohio to South Carolina. Moving is a pain in the butt. I have never been to Portland, but I hear it is quite nice. Good luck with whatever life may bring you on the left coast.

On the flip side, I can't wait to leave Indy. Just one more semester left.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Congratulations Brian and good luck!!

I blame his leaving Indiana on DW and LB...they didn't do enough to keep him here. Oh...he's not? Well then it's at least LB's fault for not doing all he could to keep Brian here.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    On the flip side, I can't wait to leave Indy. Just one more semester left.
    and then 6 more months.

Thank you all so much for the good wishes.

And ive already talked to Ashley about her getting a part-time job once we get settled in,part of the reason too is that I will be traveling all over the west coast...Washington,Cali,Oregon,etc..and I wont be able to bring her with me everytime.

I want her to have friends so she doesnt get lonely.I couldnt do this without her.
    LoneGranger33 said

I've spend a couple weeks in Oregon, and that place is God's Country. I'm not real keen on leaving Indiana due to family, but if I did, Portland would be at the top of my list on places I'd like to live.

Good luck, you'll love it! They've got a very good regional MMA scene there, if you're into watching fights, and I think they've got more strip clubs per capita than any city in the country.

It truly is a beautiful place

Agreed with LA, kinda forgot the importance of keeping yourself busy and settling in with new friends, I went to the Local BBall hall and managed to sign up to a team that needed a player and just finished me first season with them and it sure has saved me, also I do a couple other after work activities to help me blend in..... ahhhhh it should be an exciting time for you.... enjoy it

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

Good luck out there.

Right after I moved to PSU at the end of June my family moved to Sacramento. Pretty big change for all of us as we always lived in PA and now im the only one here in an area I am new in.

Its weird to think of going home is going 3000 miles.