Thread: Brickyard 400 questions...

Default Brickyard 400 questions...

Yes, I got incredibly lucky for the second time in a few months. The same company that hooked me up with Indy 500 tickets has better access for the Brickyard. We are sitting in the same Tower Terrace area, this time in section 55. This time we have access to the yellow flag hospitality room and pit passes from 10-11am.

If anyone has tips that we kinda discussed before/after the Indy 500, I would love to revisit the issue and hear some advice or feedback. I'm talking to you, Seth!

I assume this will get moved to Club Rio at some point, but I wanted it in the main forum to catch the eye of Seth and whomever else has info!

Thanks, heywoode

RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

Default Re: OT-Brickyard 400 questions...

God, that race is hot. Two of the three I've went to were miserable. Asses-to-elbows with 400K people in 95 degree weather? Never again.

But have fun!

I've never been to the BY400 so not many tips I can offer.

_Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I don't think it's supposed to be very hot this year. If it is, we will just hang in the hospitality room air conditioning and watch it on TV!

When is the BY400?

What's going on in the Indy area the 2nd or 3rd weekend of Sept that motel prices are out of sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    God, that race is hot. Two of the three I've went to were miserable. Asses-to-elbows with 400K people in 95 degree weather? Never again.

But have fun!
    Doubt it's anywhere near 400k this year. From what I hear, ticket sales are down for the 400 along with most of the nascar races. Let's hear it for our weak economy!!
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    When is the BY400?

What's going on in the Indy area the 2nd or 3rd weekend of Sept that motel prices are out of sight?
    Brickyard is July 27. The inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP is September 14.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unfortunately I am not going this year. I was about to get my tickets then Kyle Busch won another race. I've boycotted going to NASCAR races until he loses a race. LOL

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post

But have fun!
    I'll agree with the exception of this year. It seems it's only going to be in the lower 80's this year. So unless the weather report changes dramatically in the next few days , it should be pretty nice this year.

I'm guessing ticket sales this year aren't good , I got a thing in the mail a week or so ago in the mail with ticket information etc. I always get my tickets with a friend on mine and we sit in the same seats every year. We sit smack dab in the middle of turns 3-4 , 3 rows from the top. I love the view and the seats. I know most the people who sit around me cause they are long time ticket holders also.

I always love to get there very early to tailgate and eat some grub and drink a few beers. I'm not so sure why people are hating on Kyle Bush. I mean the fans did the same thing when Jeff Gordon was winning tons of races. I remember many brickyards where Jeff Gordon got boo'ed pretty bad. I'm not a Kyle Bush fan ethier..lol

Best advice is get there early and save yourself hours of waiting in traffic. You'll still have traffic , it just get's worse the later you go.
    Last edited by TheSauceMaster; 07-22-2008 at 09:51 PM.

Default Re: Brickyard 400 questions...

Park really far away and walk. It's healthy and less hassle. I hate lines.

We parked in the Coke lot for the Indy 500 and it was perfect. We had no problems coming in or going out, and it was fantastic entertainment walking back to the truck after the race and interacting with all the people who were trashed and camping in the Coke lot. I am certain we will do that again.

We have to be at the hospitality room at 930am or so to sign the waiver and put on pants to go in the pits, so we will be getting there plenty early. We were walking through tunnel 7 at 10am for the 500 and it worked out great, so we will be a half hour or more earlier than that for the BY400.
    The feedback I was looking for relates to if there are any little known cool things that go on that are worth checking out. I will probably rent headphones this time just so I can listen to the radio chatter. Where do I get those from? Is there one place better than another to rent them at the track? How much can I expect to pay? Do I just turn them back in at the same place I got them from after the race is over?

Just general stuff like that...

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    We parked in the Coke lot for the Indy 500 and it was perfect. We had no problems coming in or going out, and it was fantastic entertainment walking back to the truck after the race and interacting with all the people who were trashed and camping in the Coke lot. I am certain we will do that again.

We have to be at the hospitality room at 930am or so to sign the waiver and put on pants to go in the pits, so we will be getting there plenty early. We were walking through tunnel 7 at 10am for the 500 and it worked out great, so we will be a half hour or more earlier than that for the BY400.
    The feedback I was looking for relates to if there are any little known cool things that go on that are worth checking out. I will probably rent headphones this time just so I can listen to the radio chatter. Where do I get those from? Is there one place better than another to rent them at the track? How much can I expect to pay? Do I just turn them back in at the same place I got them from after the race is over?

Just general stuff like that...
    The Coke lot is the best place to park , it is also the one that gets full fast for the brickyard. It's been years since I rented headphones , I invested in my own several years ago. I think normal prices are 35-50 dollars.

This is one of the companies that rent them at the Tracks.
    http://racingelectronics.com

You can get a internet special where you pay online to rent a setup for $30.00 , that's a good deal. You can also get a 2 headset package for only 40.00 , but you need to order and pay online also. I'm not sure if they charge a deposit or not , couldn't find that info.

http://www.racingelectronics.net/ind...0f79045b03ef09

Oh here is a map of where they will have trailers at the BY400
    http://racingelectronics.com/indianapolismap.html

http://track-scan.com is the other company. I'll warn you though , they require a $300.00 deposit.

I attend a few races per year so I just bought my own setup.

http://www.amazon.com/Uniden-Scanner.../dp/B0002RJ0T8

http://www.amazon.com/Koss-QZ-99-Noi..._bxgy_e_text_b

You can also buy some from Nascar.com
    http://store.nascar.com/family/index...056639.2056464

Those Nascar Scanners are NOT in any way nearly as cool as the Uniden (or the Radio Shack Race Scanner which is actually the Uniden).

I've got both. The Proscan 100's will work but the features and ease of use of the Uniden easily will win out.

Also, don't get fooled by the headphones that come with the Proscans. What you think are headphones are actually earmuffs. The units come with earbuds that you'll never hear at the race unless you use the earmuffs. I suppose if your plan is to put them in when the race starts and take them off when the checkered flies then you might be OK. OTOH, if you are like me and just want to listen at certain points in the race, it's much easier to throw a set of headphones on/off than it is to untangle the earbuds, stick them in your ears, and then get the muffs and pop them on.

My next purchase is a set of headphones for the Uniden/Ratty O Shack Race Scanner.

I also imagine the headphones will have much better sound than the earbuds packaged with the Proscan... altho without anything to compare them to, the earbuds and muffs were certainly audible and work.

Also... I got my Proscan 100 at Big Lots for about $30.00
    Nascar seems to be getting a 'bit' more!

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

WOW! Thanks for the bevy of information regarding headphones, both of you!

I greatly appreciate it. You guys rock!

I won tickets to the Miller Light VIP Tent Party Saturday. I was wondering if anybody else will be going to this event from 12-3.

nope. sorry dude. I'll be in the Yellow Flag Room under the Tower Terrace grandstand.

I really Respect Tony George and what he said about yesterday's Race

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...PORTS/80728067

He is 100% Right.