Yeah all it took them was 4 years...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines

Federal appeals court throws out CBS' fine for 'wardrobe malfunction'
    Associated Press

Updated: July 21, 2008, 10:30 AM ET
    Comment
    Email
    Print
    PHILADELPHIA -- A federal appeals court on Monday threw out a $550,000 indecency fine against CBS Corp. for the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show that ended with Janet Jackson's breast-baring "wardrobe malfunction."

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images

Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" in the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show prompted changes to later halftime shows.

The three-judge panel of the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the Federal Communications Commission "acted arbitrarily and capriciously" in issuing the fine for the fleeting image of nudity.

The 90 million people watching the Super Bowl, many of them children, heard Justin Timberlake sing, "Gonna have you naked by the end of this song," as he reached for Jackson's bustier.

The court found that the FCC deviated from its nearly 30-year practice of fining indecent broadcast programming only when it was so "pervasive as to amount to 'shock treatment' for the audience."

"Like any agency, the FCC may change its policies without judicial second-guessing," the court said. "But it cannot change a well-established course of action without supplying notice of and a reasoned explanation for its policy departure."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Re: Federal appeals court throws out CBS fine for wardrobe malfunction

Finally.

I was watching the screen when this happened, and I couldn't even tell that her boob was out for that little tiny second. Then everybody acts like it's the biggest news since 911. Puh-leeze.

Plus, it was just a *still partially covered* breast.

Any other country outside of the Middle East, and nobody would give a ****.

Americans are weird.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Default Re: Federal appeals court throws out CBS fine for wardrobe malfunction

I didn't even see it and I was watching. I had to google it the next day.