Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 337

Thread: The restaurant review thread

  1. #76
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    I went to the Taco Bell off of West 3rd St. in Bloomington yesterday. The menu was remarkably similar to the other TB's I've been to all across the Midwest. I can't remark too much on the interior dining experience as I purchased my meal from the drive-up window and ate from the comfort of my couch and coffee table.

    I had the Nachos Bell Grande and a couple of beef meximelts without that horrible fiesta sauce. I would say it was quite tasty, although they were way too generous in their portion of refried beans on the nachos. The beans seemed to dominate the entire entree. I have had better at other Taco Bells. They also forgot to give me a spork. However, they did make up for it in perfectly hot and melted meximelts. They even fulfilled my request of not adding that nasty sauce on them, which 3 times out of 10 they screw up.

    Overall, I'd give the experience a solid 4 bean burritos out of 5. Also, I have gas today.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 07-29-2008 at 10:33 AM.

  2. #77
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Going to Kona Jack's for lunch today. Haven't been there in a couple years.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #78
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to Kona Jack's for lunch today. Haven't been there in a couple years.
    Ahi Taco...mmmm

    They have good lemon cake, too.

  4. #79

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    hmm, lots of restaurants to pick from. i will say that I've been to Chicago several times and my bro lives close to Wrigley and there is a place nearby called toons. they have a killer spicy smoked turkey burger plus i added some toppings like lettuce,red onion and jalapeños. i got some fries with it and was impressed by the portions plus, the price was quite reasonable.

    back home in Bloomington, i really like the the great wall Chinese buffet. the food quality has been consistently impressive and i eat there probably once or twice a month (can't do it much more or i would probably pop).
    i would however, strongly advise against eating at china buffet in eastland plaza. that place is pretty disgusting. i wonder how they manage not to get shut down by the board of health. aside from finding unclean glasses and silverware when i'd go there, i even saw workers there do stuff that must be a violation like put food that has fallen from one tray that they were loading onto the buffet table into another tray of different food and they took it out and put it into the intended tray. plus the old it fell out of the tray and is now on the buffet table itself and they put it back in. the place is simply filthy in my book.

  5. #80
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,979

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Anyone been to a pizza place that is located at 96th and College - Tomato Pie
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 08-05-2008 at 02:40 PM.

  6. #81
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Was at Palomino in Circle Center this weekend.

    The meal was good. And since they have the best iced tea on the planet, I never order drinks there (so it keeps the tab semi-reasonable).
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  7. #82
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Doesn't Palomino serve that rasberry iced tea stuff?

    I'm an iced tea purist, no flavoring or sugar for me.

  8. #83

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    I miss Palomino.

  9. #84
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    I ate at Baby Tony's New York Pizza in Merietta, GA Monday. That is the best damn New York Style pizza I have ever had.

  10. #85
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I ate at Baby Tony's New York Pizza in Merietta, GA Monday. That is the best damn New York Style pizza I have ever had.
    Is that the same thing as Marietta Georgia?

  11. #86
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Yeah, I just couldn't spell......

  12. #87
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,852

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Dinner tonight was at Mack Daddy's Seafood Grill. I highly recommend the shrimp and grits.......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  13. #88
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,468

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Anybody else ever eat at Smee's Place at 86th and Ditch? They have a really solid steak sandwich and some delicious cole slaw.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  14. #89
    Member Raoul Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philawarepraguacago
    Posts
    408

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    RE: Stir Crazy

    I went to the one in Castleton about a month ago, and I thought it was average at best. I got the Pad Thai and it was incredibly bland and had NO spice to it at all. In fact it was pretty sweet or sugary. It just didn't have any kick to it.

    Also, I used to like PF Chang's a lot, but now everything there taste the same to me so I don't find it as good anymore.
    PF Chang's is going downhill. The portions are significantly smaller (which seems to be happening everywhere) and they are getting way too heavy on the sauce. It's still good though.

  15. #90
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Presbyterian Hospital Charlotte Cafeteria.

    For a hospital, the food was actually pretty good.

  16. #91
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Presbyterian Hospital Charlotte Cafeteria.

    For a hospital, the food was actually pretty good.

    Well, if we're going to Charlotte, then ya gotta throw in:

    Sushi 101
    Vinnie's Raw Bar
    Rodi's (Gastonia)

  17. #92
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody else ever eat at Smee's Place at 86th and Ditch? They have a really solid steak sandwich and some delicious cole slaw.
    Yeah...I actually used to hang around with one of the Smehuyzens' (sp?) in college...played a lot of pickup bball with him in the late '80's. I think that belongs to one of his brothers.

    Haven't been there since I worked at Macmillan in the mid-to-late 90's, but it was a pretty good place...always packed.

  18. #93
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, if we're going to Charlotte, then ya gotta throw in:

    Sushi 101
    Vinnie's Raw Bar
    Rodi's (Gastonia)
    I live in Charlotte, so most of my reviews will be from here.

    All of those you posted are good though.

    Spent many a nights in Vinnie's.

    Also try Momma Fu's Noodle House for some fast Thai.
    Russon's in the Park Road Neighborhood for some excellent sushi.
    Brixx Wood Fired Pizza(several locations)
    Kim's Kitchen in Stanley(good home cooking)
    RO's Barbecue in Gastonia(Eastern Carolina style BBQ)

  19. #94
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,632

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    BTW, Spicoli, that was pretty funny
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  20. #95
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,397
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, Spicoli, that was pretty funny
    Yes it was. He sealed an already solid post with the "generous portion of refried beans" and the "also I have gas today" connection. Well played. We were getting a tad serious here weren't we?

  21. #96
    teY dennaB toN
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,606

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Honestly, I was most ticked off about the lack of a spork. That is critical when ordering a Nachos Bell Grande. In hindsight, that should have taken the rating down to 3.5

  22. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,136

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes it was. He sealed an already solid post with the "generous portion of refried beans" and the "also I have gas today" connection. Well played. We were getting a tad serious here weren't we?
    I loved this line:

    They also forgot to give me a spork.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  23. #98
    Member Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Jockamo's Pizza on E.Washington in Irvington is pretty good. It's alot like Bazbeaux, but I think it's just a little better. They have a parmesan dipping sauce that is excellent.

  24. #99
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    45
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't Palomino serve that rasberry iced tea stuff?

    I'm an iced tea purist, no flavoring or sugar for me.
    I don't know what the flavor is, but it is unsweetened.

    Maggianno's/ Corner Barkery's black currant iced team is the best Chicago has to offer.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  25. #100
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The restaurant review thread

    I don't know if they have Noodle & Company in Indy, it's a chain that's pretty popular in the DC/MD/VA area.

    If anyone else has ever had it, is it just me or are the portion sizes incredibly small?

Similar Threads

  1. Thinking about a move "back" to Indianapolis...should I or shouldn't I?
    By idioteque in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 02:25 AM
  2. Indianapolis awarded 2012 Super Bowl
    By duke dynamite in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 07:13 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
  4. JMV beats Edddie and Kravitz - Indianapolis radio ratings
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-09-2008, 08:36 AM
  5. Kansas City at Indianapolis – Game thread – 11/18/07
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-19-2007, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •