Thread: Trade Proposal w/ the Warriors: 3 Bad Apples for 3rds on Al and the kid nicknamed "Dub"

Banned

Lightbulb Trade Proposal w/ the Warriors: 3 Bad Apples for 3rds on Al and the kid nicknamed "Dub"

The following is my own personal opinion/idea/conceptualization:

Pacers Trade:
    Jamaal Tinsley ($6,750,000)
    Marquis Daniels ($6,860,000)
    Shawne Williams ($1,572,960)

Warriors Trade:

Al Harrington ($9,226,250)
    Brandan Wright ($2,497,320)

Not likely to happen; although the Warriors are tired of Harrington, are in need of a veteran PG, and drafted Anthony Randolph who is a similar player to Wright (if not better in their mind in his coming off a great performance at the Vegas Summer League), on top of that they would be getting a young veteran combo guard in Quis' (who's got the all coveted team option expiring contract at seasons end) and the potential/upside player of Shawne Williams in return and don't forget the Warriors don't shy away from attitude/character issues...

What do you guys think? (Could use some re-adjustments however, the deal does work out financially as it stands)

Last edited by FerengiMiller; 07-18-2008 at 03:48 PM.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Trade Proposal w/ the Warriors: 3 Bad Apples for 3rds on Al and the kid nicknamed "Dub"

I had actually forgotten all about Wright. He didn't play much (offcourse) as a rookie, but how is he progressing? He must be about 19 or 20 by now?

And what happenned to Matt Barnes? The Warriors are letting him go... I thought they considered him one of their "leaders" less then a year ago?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Default Re: Trade Proposal w/ the Warriors: 3 Bad Apples for 3rds on Al and the kid nicknamed "Dub"

d_c...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think the deal seems fair for both sides in terms of talent and also that the Pacers would do it in a heartbeat.

I'll let d_c clear this up since he is our resident expert on GS.

Do the Warriors have any PG's besides C.J. Watson and Ellis (who is more of a combo guard I think) on their roster? Are their any apparent options open that would net them a PG other than Tinsley? Those questions would play a large role regarding whether or not GS would do this.

Quis is an expiring and they could use him as SF depth which they will need if they let Kelenna Azubuike go.

Shawne seems like a good Nellieball player, but I don't really know.

Personally this trade seems like "your garbage for my garbage" but if the Pacers lose Daniels, Williams, and Tinsley there is no reason for the fans to label our team negatively, which I like.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Quis is an expiring and they could use him as SF depth which they will need if they let Kelenna Azubuike go.

Personally this trade seems like "your garbage for my garbage" but if the Pacers lose Daniels, Williams, and Tinsley there is no reason for the fans to label our team negatively, which I like.
    There is a strong chance that is going to happen since the Clipper's just signed him to an offer sheet, have to wait and see what the Warriors do in retaliation (customarily the team always waits the entire 7 days to make a counter offer, that keeps the other team idle as long as possible).

I hope they think Brandan Wright is "garbage" because I think he is solid gold, I couldn't bring myself to even calling him a diamond in the rough, he is more like a diamond in the ______ (insert something better than rough?).

Additionally, Brand Wright was born on October 5, 1987, that makes him 20! He is younger than our entire roster just about, we would be getting a Power Forward (our biggest position of need) that could jump in and play now (more of a 2 year rental) in Al Harrington, while at the same time grooming our Power Forward of the future in Brandan Wright! I would love to see this trade go down.

On a side note:
    It would be a better situation for Shawne Williams and I would love to see the kid get his life together, turn his image around, and become a contributing citizen to the community he plays for, which all ultimately would lead to him being embraced by the community he plays for (whether it be Indianapolis or elsewhere). In my mind going to the Left Coast would allow him to distance himself from the bad influences that are bringing his image down and causing him to receive negative press. I see this case similar to when the Cleveland Cavs traded Ron Harper to the L.A. Clippers for Danny Ferry and two first round draft picks. The reason the Cavs traded Harper (during a time they were contenders) was because the DEA had contacted Wayne Embry (Former GM of the Cavs) multiple times about Harper being involved with individuals from Dayton, OH (former friends of Ron) who were being investigated for drug trafficking (they also said they were going to need to question Harper). Jumping to the conclusion he was involved and using drugs the Cavs unjustly traded him, however mad at the time, Harper ended up clear of any charges and was distanced from those bad influences which allowed him to prosper in the NBA. Eventually Harper was embraced by the communities he played for, and won a hand full of NBA championship rings while doing so (not to say those in Cleveland didn't like Ron; Magic Johnson did project the young core of Harper, Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, "Hot Rod" Williams, Kevin Johnson, and co. as "The Team of the 90's").
    Last edited by FerengiMiller; 07-18-2008 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FerengiMiller View Post
    Not likely to happen; although the Warriors are tired of Harrington, are in need of a veteran PG, and drafted Anthony Randolph who is a similar player to Wright (if not better in their mind in his coming off a great performance at the Vegas Summer League), on top of that they would be getting a young veteran combo guard in Quis' (who's got the all coveted team option expiring contract at seasons end) and the potential/upside player of Shawne Williams in return and don't forget the Warriors don't shy away from attitude/character issues...

What do you guys think? (Could use some re-adjustments however, the deal does work out financially as it stands)
    The Warriors like Brandan Wright a lot. I know summer league isn't the most accurate projection of a player's NBA future, but from watching the first couple games, what is very obvious is that Wright and Anthony Randolph are two completely different players.

They look physically similar (hard to tell them apart physically on a low resolution webcast), but once they start playing, it's pretty obvious who's who. Randolph can create offense by himself with his ballhandling. He can be the point forward Nellie is looking for. Wright can't create offense for himself. He's more of a Kirilenko type role player off the ball. He'll do the little things: rebound, block shots, get deflections, alter shots, etc...but he doesn't create his own offense the way Randolph can.

If anything, Randolph is more similar to Shawne Williams than he is Wright. So if the Warriors swapped Wright for Williams, they'd be creating a bigger logjam, not reducing one.

Do the Warriors want to get rid of Harrington? Yes. Do they want Tinsley instead of Harrington? No.

As far as character issues, the only really shady character they've taken on recently has been Jackson, who has been on good behavior since he's gotten here. They only did that trade because they basically had choice and the cap situation was a mess. Look at all the other players that have pass through the years after the Sprewell incident. Guys like Adonal Foyle, Antawn Jamison and Jason Richardson have all had good boy images. They don't want Tinsley.
    Last edited by d_c; 07-18-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    The Warriors like Brandan Wright a lot. I know summer league isn't the most accurate projection of a player's NBA future, but from watching the first couple games, what is very obvious is that Wright and Anthony Randolph are two completely different players.

They look physically similar (hard to tell them apart physically on a low resolution webcast), but once they start playing, it's pretty obvious who's who. Randolph can create offense by himself with his ballhandling. He can be the point forward Nellie is looking for. Wright can't create offense for himself. He's more of a Kirilenko type role player off the ball. He'll do the little things: rebound, block shots, get deflections, alter shots, etc...but he doesn't create his own offense the way Randolph can.

If anything, Randolph is more similar to Shawne Williams than he is Wright. So if the Warriors swapped Wright for Williams, they'd be creating a bigger logjam, not reducing one.

Do the Warriors want to get rid of Harrington? Yes. Do they want Tinsley instead of Harrington? No.

As far as character issues, the only really shady character they've taken on recently has been Jackson, who has been on good behavior since he's gotten here. They only did that trade because they basically had choice and the cap situation was a mess. Look at all the other players that have pass through the years after the Sprewell incident. Guys like Adonal Foyle, Antawn Jamison and Jason Richardson have all had good boy images. They don't want Tinsley.

[yt]KX5jNnDMfxA[/yt]

I would say there is now absolutely no chance.

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/nets/...s_is_gone.html

streets ahead

a future first for marcus williams? wow
    This is the darkest timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    a future first for marcus williams? wow
    A heavily protected future first at that.