Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

Quote Originally Posted by FerengiMiller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ferengi Miller = Eminem

Anthem = Stagga Lee

Now, I just feel old and out of touch.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What's the over/under on Ferengi being banned before 6 PM tonight?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I can't help but laugh as I read all of this.

I don't know which is funnier, the idea of JJ Redick helping an NBA team or Anthem's satire.

If JJ Redick were 6'2", his career would look a lot like Steve Alford, who WAS/IS a better shooter anyway. And it seems to me that his career actually is looking a lot like Steve Alford's.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    He's an Indiana boy in his late teens, early 20s. Big Duke fan, but he's too young to have been there when Redick was there, although he might be there now. He's a fan of winning franchises, so he remembers the old Pacers and was impressed with Duke. He hasn't really followed the Pacers much since Reggie retired. He latched onto Reddick as "the next Reggie Miller" when JJ was still in college, because he loved that the guy hit big shots from long range. Chicks aren't the only ones who dig the long ball.

He's into Trek, which means he doesn't play ball himself. He wants to be a sports journalist, so he's writing articles in his own name in an attempt to build his brand and get writing experience. His articles aren't terribly well-read, so he pushes them out to message boards. He's writing them for free, because if he was getting paid per click he'd want to direct the ad traffic to the site.

That's all a guess. I'll do research next.

I can't believe you got away with this garbage of a post. This is out of line, its mean, it has nothing to do with basketball and it is a blatant and purposeful attack on another poster.

Welcome Ferengi Miller to the Pacers Digest Good Ol' Boys Club. Try not to have dissenting opinions or styles with us or we will surely and harshly put you in your place.

(e) I don't want to be a sports journalist. (f) I put my real name with my work because I am not a wimp hiding behind some fake name,
    (e) Well, you're well on your way towards the goal of not being a writer.

(f) You mean a fake name like FerengiMiller?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Naw, you're not old. Out of touch? Maybe.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Anthem, you are a hater, I agree.
    Friggin' hilarious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post

I can't help but laugh as I read all of this.

I don't know which is funnier, the idea of JJ Redick helping an NBA team or Anthem's satire.
    And Ferengi Miller's response aswell ... good stuff. Both you guys made me laugh out loud with people at working looking at me like... .
    Last edited by Mourning; 07-18-2008 at 12:47 PM.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    He's an Indiana boy in his late teens, early 20s. Big Duke fan, but he's too young to have been there when Redick was there, although he might be there now. He's a fan of winning franchises, so he remembers the old Pacers and was impressed with Duke. He hasn't really followed the Pacers much since Reggie retired. He latched onto Reddick as "the next Reggie Miller" when JJ was still in college, because he loved that the guy hit big shots from long range. Chicks aren't the only ones who dig the long ball.

He's into Trek, which means he doesn't play ball himself. He wants to be a sports journalist, so he's writing articles in his own name in an attempt to build his brand and get writing experience. His articles aren't terribly well-read, so he pushes them out to message boards. He's writing them for free, because if he was getting paid per click he'd want to direct the ad traffic to the site.

That's all a guess. I'll do research next.
    Really? I thought someone this respected on this board would be better than that. What you've posted here are nothing but unsubstantiated lies and personal insults, which you basically admit to in your post. Cobol Sam described this post best as "garbage."

I'll also say that FM did everything but take the high road after these insults, but his trollish posts were a response to something much worse and much more personally insulting.

Ok, the personal insults stop now or this thread is gone.

That goes for both sides.

I don't care about previous post on this thread, but from here forward they will be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoJ View Post

If JJ Redick were 6'2", his career would look a lot like Steve Alford, who WAS/IS a better shooter anyway. And it seems to me that his career actually is looking a lot like Steve Alford's.

I agree, Alford seems to be a great comparison. If Reddick can find a team that sorely needs a shooter, then he can find a place. More likely he'll be coaching in Iowa someday.

Banned

Arrow Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    (e) Well, you're well on your way towards the goal of not being a writer.

(f) You mean a fake name like FerengiMiller?

Cobol Smith I wanted to thank you for having my back, I truly felt attacked by Anthem for no reason whatsoever... I dont understand it. I thought I did take the high road, my responses were simply stating who I was as a person, the last two were more funny because I have thick skin but seriously, the over under on me being banned.... if I get banned from this website than sobeit but I truly don't think I did anything wrong and didn't do half of what Anthem did... and to Tom's response (f), I am pretty sure I used my real name right below my article... I just figured I would do that so people know who wrote it... I apologize for whatever trouble I caused. My response might have been a little heavier than I normally would have put up but I felt almost betrayed, I thought writing here was going to be fun since it is Pacers fans who are involved and love to talk about the Pacers, just as I do... Apologies for any problems I caused or to any people I offended, I simply was trying to lighten up a sour situation that was spoiled by Athems vindictive rhetoric about my article, not to mention personal attacks on who I am as a person.

Redick just isn't an NBA-level talent. It's that simple. He can shoot lights out against slower, less sophisticated defenses (the NCAA) but aside from that he can't hang his hat on bringing anything else to his team.

I'd take Damon Jones over him...

Thank you for this thread.

It's my opinion, relax! Vince Neil's Avatar

Good stuff.

I have no idea who the ***** Stagga Lee is, so don't feel bad.

We're already one player over the roster limit and we need to upgrade the frontcourt. Pass.

Btw, why the sudden infatuation by TPTB of Duke players?

Banned

Default Once again I apologize:

I am going to stick to not getting involved with the message board, I feel like I stepped outside of my boundaries and said things I never would have because I was shocked by what was being said to me. Once again I am sorry, I truly am. I never meant anything I said, in the heat of the moment, the first response I had written I instantly realized was out of line and I am sorry, I have never reacted in that manner and never will again in the future. This truly was a learning experience, only being 23 I am not use to that type of statements made in reference to my work and who I am as a person. I will take the high road and discontinue my involvement with Pacers Digest, I feel as if continuing on would not be in my best interest. Once again that is not who I am, and I dont condone my actions or statements by any means, I am sorry that I allowed Anthem to get a rise out of me, giving him exactly what he wanted. I have no problems with Anthem or anyone else on this board. Go Pacers!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I think Anthem has some level of reason to complain about the methods in practice to drive this thread. I understand no one likes a snarky comment directed at them, but politeness goes both ways.

Insults aren't the only aspect to politeness. I can show up at a PD party and just start shouting "I LOVE FOSTER" all night, ruining everyone's ability to enjoy the evening without technically insulting them.

It's cool to be new, it's cool to present your own article for reading when it's relevent to the board (like T'bird does sort of), and certainly quality of posting ranges for all of us. I do wonder why this wasn't inititally presented as an article by the poster. Certainly T'bird doesn't write something up and then By Line it like it was from some other journalist.

So that approach is going to strike some people the wrong way.

Let's be realistic, online forums face a daily battle against trolling, spamming, and all sorts of other crazy junk. Maybe Anthem came off too hard if the poster is legit, but at the same time I'm betting he was expressing strong suspicions about the sincerety behind the effort.

We'll try to be nicer but brand new posters need to bear in mind that it's tough to differentiate between someone new and serious and someone that's just trolling through.

Default Re: Once again I apologize:

I am going to stick to not getting involved with the message board, I feel like I stepped outside of my boundaries and said things I never would have because I was shocked by what was being said to me. Once again I am sorry, I truly am. I never meant anything I said, in the heat of the moment, the first response I had written I instantly realized was out of line and I am sorry, I have never reacted in that manner and never will again in the future. This truly was a learning experience, only being 23 I am not use to that type of statements made in reference to my work and who I am as a person. I will take the high road and discontinue my involvement with Pacers Digest, I feel as if continuing on would not be in my best interest. Once again that is not who I am, and I dont condone my actions or statements by any means, I am sorry that I allowed Anthem to get a rise out of me, giving him exactly what he wanted. I have no problems with Anthem or anyone else on this board. Go Pacers!
    You're taking this too seriously. If you want to articulate your opinions about the Pacers, do it. This is the best place online to do so.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Believe me, if anyone can speak from the experience of having been picked on around here in the past, its ajbry.

We don't sit around all day singing kum-bay-ah together, and there are two sides to every "disagreement."
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Is it just me or has everyone become extremely sensitive lately? Now, before this post is deleted, please understand I'm not trying to be rude nor am I trying to give personal insults. It just seems like whenever there is a hint of one person not being 110% kind and polite to others, someone jumps in and complains about how hurtful it is.

I think everyone just needs to suck up some of the comments sometimes and just move on. This isn't a daycare. Everyone here is a grown adult for the most part, and should be able to handle comments made regardless of whats said. Just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    Is it just me or has everyone become extremely sensitive lately?
    Plans change. That's how I live my life now. Let's please move on.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I thought it was written by someone else without a link. So did others. If it's clear someone says here is my opinion, you can say whatever you want. I may think it's the smartest thing I've ever heard or the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it doesn't make it wrong.

It was unclear that this was your opinion, but it read as someone trying to pull one over on us, at least for a second. That reeked of trolling.

Just my opinion. See now I can say what ever I want.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat View Post
    Plans change. That's how I live my life now. Let's please move on.....
    Haha, let's hear it for MagicEarl here!!!
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I do not understand why Reddick is selling himself so short as just a role player. He has the skill set to be in the basketball hall of fame. I am questioning his mind frame? He goes from One of the Greatest College Basketball I have ever seen to settling for crumbs after he gets his million dollars.