Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 111

Thread: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,441

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!


  2. #27
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,051

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Foster for Redickulous?

    Ahhhmmm . . . I agree with Anthem, you are in love!

  3. #28

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Hmm. Queensbridge, N.Y. Why does that ring a bell ? Ahh, I got it,
    Artest is from there. Is there something in the water out there ?

    Reddick is a one trick pony. No tks !
    Last edited by Rajah Brown; 07-18-2008 at 01:00 PM.

  4. #29

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Lets take 1st things 1st:

    1st) The trading Foster for JJ. Apparently, you didn't take the time to consider the difference in their salaries which wouldn't allow the trade to work from the start. Foster makes 5.5 mil vs JJ's 2.1 mil. In other words the trade won't work! Nor can the Pacers take back another player in a trade with already having 16 players with guaranteed contracts.

    2nd) I'm not about to give up Foster's rebounding and "D" for an unestablished NBA 3 pt shooter. We need him as big more than JJ as a 3 pt shooter. Who is going to rebound all those JJ missed 3's, Williams?

    3rd) JJ CAN'T play "D". If you watched the Pacers the last 3 years would would have seen the Pacers had NO perimeter "D", so why do the Pacers need JJ who can't guard the end of the bench he sets on in Orlando let alone in Indy.

    4th) Graham is a more complete player than JJ, and he's having trouble finding PT with the Pacers. I'll take Graham's game over JJ's.

    5th) I know this is going to upset some of the IU faithful on this board, but JJ is nothing more than Steve Alford. Being on a great team in college with winning the NCAA championship doesn't translate into being great in the NBA.... Steve Alford.

    6th) Where on the end of the bench is he going to be sitting? Oh yeah, next to another Duke player. Now, the Pacers can have McDud I and new version McDud II.

    I will give you a A+ for your passion/love for JJ though even though it might be misplaced.

  5. #30
    Horologist Extraordinaire t1hs0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Quincy, Illinois
    Posts
    583

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    So, he is a bit like a sg version of Ike?

  6. #31
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    If he was a Pacers 2nd round pick... I'd hope he'd make the team. If he made the team, I'd hope he'd get some back up shooting guard minutes like in the 12-15 minute range, against matchups. If he got burn, I would hope he would use his shooting to his advantage in those short stints.

    Otherwise, no thanks. I'd trade Tinsley for him, but I'd trade Tinsely for a ball rack. I'd invite him to camp, if he was a league min. free agent. Thats it, because there are now guys on the team that would play in front of him, at least 3, maybe 4, if you count Grahm.

    I don't hate him, if this was last years team, it would have been nice to have him as a back up shooting guard. I'm still afraid Obie wouldn't have played him last year due to his requirement for at least average defensive ability.

    He is the epitomey of a great college player who doesn't translate at the pro level yet, probably never. I guess he has some hope because of the Kapano factor, but that is it.

    He's the Shawne Respert of this generation.

    You say who?

    Exactly!!

  7. #32

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    In the unlikely event that we did trade for him, could we be the only team in the league to throw out a full American-born white guy starting five?

    Diener
    Redick
    Dunleavy
    Murphy
    Foster

    With Mcroberts as the sixth man. Maybe try and get Brad Miller back. It'd be like Hoosiers.

  8. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Woodside,NY
    Age
    33
    Posts
    281

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, that was funny. As far as Reddick is concerned I thought he was one of the most complete jumpshooters I have ever seen in College basketball. Some have said he's just a spot up shooter and can't come off screens to catch and shoot and can't shoot a jumper off the dribble. That may or maynot be true in the NBA I really haven't seen enough of him in the NBA to judge that but in college he made a living coming off screens and hitting shots off the dribble. He also had great range and could get his shot off quick if he had to but at the end of the day being 6'4 shooting guard was probably to much for him to overcome considering he's not a great athlete and a defensive liability even though he is a hard worker.

  9. #34
    Lifer 2minutes twowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    618

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every time I hear his name, I think of this picture:




    But anyways, I don't see Redick contributing here at all. Diener is basically the same thing, but he can actually run the point effectively.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

  10. #35
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the unlikely event that we did trade for him, could we be the only team in the league to throw out a full American-born white guy starting five?

    Diener
    Redick
    Dunleavy
    Murphy
    Foster

    With Mcroberts as the sixth man. Maybe try and get Brad Miller back. It'd be like Hoosiers.
    and we'd pretty much be a sure thing lock in for the first pick in next years draft lol
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,765

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by FerengiMiller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wrote the article, I am Brent Beck
    Well, that answers the question I was going to ask. Being, who is Brent Beck and why does he think Foster is "under utilized", and why does he think we would trade one of our valuable front court players for a guy like Reddick?

  12. #37
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, that answers the question I was going to ask. Being, who is Brent Beck and why does he think Foster is "under utilized", and why does he think we would trade one of our valuable front court players for a guy like Reddick?
    He's an Indiana boy in his late teens, early 20s. Big Duke fan, but he's too young to have been there when Redick was there, although he might be there now. He's a fan of winning franchises, so he remembers the old Pacers and was impressed with Duke. He hasn't really followed the Pacers much since Reggie retired. He latched onto Reddick as "the next Reggie Miller" when JJ was still in college, because he loved that the guy hit big shots from long range. Chicks aren't the only ones who dig the long ball.

    He's into Trek, which means he doesn't play ball himself. He wants to be a sports journalist, so he's writing articles in his own name in an attempt to build his brand and get writing experience. His articles aren't terribly well-read, so he pushes them out to message boards. He's writing them for free, because if he was getting paid per click he'd want to direct the ad traffic to the site.

    That's all a guess. I'll do research next.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  13. #38
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,741

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's all a guess. I'll do research next.
    Well, I was off. He's pursuing a career in professional basketball in the player personnel department.

    http://www.sbnation.com/users/Brent%20Beck

    http://labs.daylife.com/journalist/brent_beck

    Wait, he can't be IndyCornrows. That dude already has an account here, plus he wouldn't try to make a case for JJ based solely on his NCAA performance.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  14. #39
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's an Indiana boy in his late teens, early 20s. Big Duke fan, but he's too young to have been there when Redick was there, although he might be there now. He's a fan of winning franchises, so he remembers the old Pacers and was impressed with Duke. He hasn't really followed the Pacers much since Reggie retired. He latched onto Reddick as "the next Reggie Miller" when JJ was still in college, because he loved that the guy hit big shots from long range. Chicks aren't the only ones who dig the long ball.

    He's into Trek, which means he doesn't play ball himself. He wants to be a sports journalist, so he's writing articles in his own name in an attempt to build his brand and get writing experience. His articles aren't terribly well-read, so he pushes them out to message boards. He's writing them for free, because if he was getting paid per click he'd want to direct the ad traffic to the site.

    That's all a guess. I'll do research next.
    Brutally hilarious!! Nice work!

  15. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    He's an Indiana boy in his late teens, early 20s. Big Duke fan, but he's too young to have been there when Redick was there, although he might be there now. He's a fan of winning franchises, so he remembers the old Pacers and was impressed with Duke. He hasn't really followed the Pacers much since Reggie retired. He latched onto Reddick as "the next Reggie Miller" when JJ was still in college, because he loved that the guy hit big shots from long range. Chicks aren't the only ones who dig the long ball.

    He's into Trek, which means he doesn't play ball himself. He wants to be a sports journalist, so he's writing articles in his own name in an attempt to build his brand and get writing experience. His articles aren't terribly well-read, so he pushes them out to message boards. He's writing them for free, because if he was getting paid per click he'd want to direct the ad traffic to the site.
    (a)You're rude, I hate Duke, I hate J.J. Redick, and youre gettin near being added to the list (likely not but stop hatin' on me ha). It was just an idea. I came up with it at the beginning of the summer, and yes we have gotten more three point threats and no I dont watch Star Trek. Ferengii is a nickname Reggie has been given by NBA players since he first came into the league because of he similar look to the Ferengi's on Star Trek. (b) Geez louise, don't be so vindictive, did I say the trade was going to happen, no? Half of the idiotic trades most people come up with arent even reasonable or possible. (c) All of you can go date Jeff Foster since all of you are obsessed with having a over 30 glorified rebounder on a team destine for mediocricy because you know nothing about basketball, he is too old for this team and doesn't fit in, we need youth to help build or franchise to win down the road, not guy who are on the downside of their careers. (d) I played basketball and am in college and no longer am involved. (e) I don't want to be a sports journalist. (f) I put my real name with my work because I am not a wimp hiding behind some fake name, because you likely, are a hater to most everyone, always negative. (g) I love the Pacers, I never miss a game, I love every player they get, and I am always thinking into the future. You think I didn't watch when Reggie left? Cool, keep thinking that.



    I apologize for posting the Redick article, jesus christ. Thanks for the warm welcoming...

    PS: I made the case for Redick because of his "POTENTIAL" not his NCAA performance. Get your facts straight, Anthem, and lay off the Hatorade.
    Last edited by FerengiMiller; 07-18-2008 at 11:12 AM.

  16. #41
    Member Dukins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    911
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    No. I know I know, what a way to expound on my thoughts.


    2006 WORLD CHAMPION INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

  17. #42

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    I was a sportswriter and editor for 20 years, and I covered Duke for four years. I love coach K and his wife Mikki, and the Blue Devils are one of 3-4 college teams I follow throughout the year. That said, I don't think JJ would help the Pacers. They need a power forward and to get rid of Tinsley. I would trade Tinsley for JJ ... or for a yo-yo ... or for a canteloupe .. or a 24-pack of Diet Coke.

  18. #43
    Rejuvinated dewman_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Gulfport, MS
    Age
    42
    Posts
    157
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by FerengiMiller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    (a)You're rude, I hate Duke, I hate J.J. Redick, and youre gettin near being added to the list (likely not but stop hatin' on me ha). It was just an idea. I came up with it at the beginning of the summer, and yes we have gotten more three point threats and no I dont watch Star Trek. Ferengii is a nickname Reggie has been given by NBA players since he first came into the league because of he similar look to the Ferengi's on Star Trek. (b) Geez louise, don't be so vindictive, did I say the trade was going to happen, no? Half of the idiotic trades most people come up with arent even reasonable or possible. (c) All of you can go date Jeff Foster since all of you are obsessed with having a over 30 glorified rebounder on a team destine for mediocricy because you know nothing about basketball, he is too old for this team and doesn't fit in, we need youth to help build or franchise to win down the road, not guy who are on the downside of their careers. (d) I played basketball and am in college and no longer am involved. (e) I don't want to be a sports journalist. (f) I put my real name with my work because I am not a pussy hiding behind some fake name, because you likely, are a hater to most everyone, always negative in his mid to late thirties, likely working some low wage job like a school teacher, who is jealous of young people like myself who are going to make descent money and work at a job that doesn't suck. (g) I love the Pacers, I never miss a game, I love every player they get, and I am always thinking into the future. You think I didn't watch when Reggie left? Cool, keep thinking that.



    I apologize for posting the Redick article, jesus christ. Thanks for the warm welcoming...

    PS: I made the case for Redick because of his "POTENTIAL" not his NCAA performance. Get your facts straight, Anthem, and lay off the Hatorade.
    I've got a headache and it's got ExcedrinŽ written all over it.


  19. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    and I am not a bandwagon fan, I am a Bengals, Reds, and Pacers fan. I have never been anything else and always cheered for those teams since I was born. I go to tons of games for all my teams. I have only seen one championship, that was the Reds when I was five. I saw the Bengals play a playoff game where Palmer and Henry got injured on the first play, I religiously watch my teams and will never cheer for any other teams. Great guess, and I only cheer for Miami of Ohio in NCAA sports, because that is my school. I watched Roethlisberger and Szczerbiak here, never will get any better and likely not anytime soon going to happen again. Great prognosis, way off though buddy, way off! If I was a bandwagon fan, I would be posting about the Colts, but oh wait, I am not by any means!!!!

    I'm just defendin myself, since I was attacked personally...

  20. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105

    Exclamation Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    FerengiMiller = Paul Pierce

    Anthem = Al Horford



    Ferengi Miller = Just wants to have fun!

    Anthem = Hater!

    Last edited by FerengiMiller; 07-18-2008 at 11:30 AM.

  21. #46
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by FerengiMiller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FerengiMiller = Paul Pierce

    Anthem = Al Horford

    That is so funny and I'm not even sure why?

  22. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Speed? We both have amazing Charles Barkley quotes posted but I might say,

    Thats why I dont eat shrimp.
    Is something I say on a daily basis, man, you truly now whats good! Haha, I love that damn commercial so much!!!

    Speed = In my five.

  23. #48
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Quote Originally Posted by FerengiMiller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speed? We both have amazing Charles Barkley quotes posted but I might say,



    Is something I say on a daily basis, man, you truly now whats good! Haha, I love that damn commercial so much!!!

    Speed = In my five.
    Anthem, you are a hater, I agree.

  24. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    America
    Posts
    105

    Lightbulb Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Ferengi Miller = Eminem



    Anthem = Stagga Lee


  25. #50
    Fear my small avatar Gyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,366

    Default Re: J.J. to the Pacers, Not a Redickulous Thought!

    Anthem Cracks me up.

Similar Threads

  1. Kravitz: Pacers' effort noble . . . but not real smart
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 07:34 PM
  2. A Schedule Comparison: Pacers -vs- ???
    By NuffSaid in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
  3. Daily Dime - Celtics vs. Pacers
    By JayRedd in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •