Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sources: Clips, swingman Azubuike agree to multiyear offer sheet

Sports Logo

Default Re: Sources: Clips, swingman Azubuike agree to multiyear offer sheet

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fans are fickle! They are always wanting something else.
    The way that I look at it is that Bird can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.....(1) he can move a problemed child and (2) he can make TBird and I happy-campers knowing that he is committing the team to defense.

NOTE - I know that Brandon was brought in to shore up our perimeter defense...but adding another quick perimeter SG defender like Ross would only solidify our lineup.

Prime instance is Stephen Graham. Last season they were screaming for JOB to give him more playing time. This off season he's the forgotten player.
    I don't think that Graham is forgotten....he is what he is....a 4th/5th SG/SF that will get minutes when anybody ahead of him in the rotation gets injured. I wish he can get some decent minutes in the rotation...but I have no clue why JO'B doesn't play him more. Besides....any minutes that he gets only takes away from Brandon's development.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

I don't think that Graham is forgotten....he is what he is....a 4th/5th SG/SF that will get minutes when anybody ahead of him in the rotation gets injured.

I wish he can get some decent minutes in the rotation...but I have no clue why JO'B doesn't play him more. Besides....any minutes that he gets only takes away from Brandon's development.

You don't even make sense! Your willing to bring in Ross, who would take minutes away from the development of Rush, but it's not ok for Graham to take development time away from Rush. I love how Rush has become the annoited one. For Bird's sake, I hope Rush can live up to the expectations of being the "do all is all guy."

Why do the Pacers need Ross? Isn't one of Daniels' forte "D"? Ross and Daniels play the same positions. Personally, if the Pacers are going to keep Daniels, I'd like to see him earn his paycheck. If he can't, then he was no place on the team. That's right the Simons are paying him 6.8 mil to be non-rotational player with an expiring contract!!

Now, someone tell me why TPTB traded Cro's expiring for Daniels? That has to be one of the 2 to 3 top blunders of the last 3 years! JMOAA

You don't even make sense! Your willing to bring in Ross, who would take minutes away from the development of Rush, but it's not ok for Graham to take development time away from Rush. I love how Rush has become the annoited one. For Bird's sake, I hope Rush can live up to the expectations of being the "do all is all guy."

Why do the Pacers need Ross? Isn't one of Daniels' forte "D"? Ross and Daniels play the same positions. Personally, if the Pacers are going to keep Daniels, I'd like to see him earn his paycheck. If he can't, then he was no place on the team. That's right the Simons are paying him 6.8 mil to be non-rotational player with an expiring contract!!

Now, someone tell me why TPTB traded Cro's expiring for Daniels? That has to be one of the 2 to 3 top blunders of the last 3 years! JMOAA
    The Croshere-Daniels trade looks like a blunder in retrospect. Hindsight is 20/20. I think the general consensus on it when it went down was a reasonable one as far as our POV is concerned. Not saying it was unanimously accepted, but many considered it a good deal.

As to MD's defense. I have been underwhelmed by it personally. Not as good as what I had expected. Mediocre or highly average for a guy with his athletic ability. Outside of a good game here and there, particularly in the quick hands department, not much else.

Graham looked good when he got minutes but they were so sparse it's hard to tell. What I felt he showed was a nice stroke from outside and a certain amount of offensive potential. I don't believe he's shown that he has a lot of defensive prowess, but again, maybe that could develop. IMO he's a decent back-up wing with a nice touch.

The one thing I think the team as it's constructed is missing is physicality and toughness. That's what interests me in a guy like Ross. Same with Landry. They bring a lot of tenacity and physical and mental toughness. We need more of that attitude. I'm happy with the guys we have overall. However, we are lacking a certain presence a guy like Ross could bring. Plus he's a better wing defender than pretty much anyone we have currently.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    The Croshere-Daniels trade looks like a blunder in retrospect. Hindsight is 20/20. I think the general consensus on it when it went down was a reasonable one as far as our POV is concerned. Not saying it was unanimously accepted, but many considered it a good deal.

As to MD's defense. I have been underwhelmed by it personally. Not as good as what I had expected. Mediocre or highly average for a guy with his athletic ability. Outside of a good game here and there, particularly in the quick hands department, not much else.

Graham looked good when he got minutes but they were so sparse it's hard to tell. What I felt he showed was a nice stroke from outside and a certain amount of offensive potential. I don't believe he's shown that he has a lot of defensive prowess, but again, maybe that could develop. IMO he's a decent back-up wing with a nice touch.

The one thing I think the team as it's constructed is missing is physicality and toughness. That's what interests me in a guy like Ross. Same with Landry. They bring a lot of tenacity and physical and mental toughness. We need more of that attitude. I'm happy with the guys we have overall. However, we are lacking a certain presence a guy like Ross could bring. Plus he's a better wing defender than pretty much anyone we have currently.

Underwhelmed is being extremely polite. He's sporadic at best. He has a nice game then 2 games of nothing. There was a reason Dallas let him go... injury prone and sporadic play would be my guess.

I am in favor of giving Graham the opportunity to show want he can do. If he can't, then let him sit on the end of the bench a be a towel waving Eddie Gill. If he can, what's the reasoning of keeping Daniels and Williams? Package them for your toughness in the form of a PF.

The Pacers have 16 players under contract now, so how can they afford to sign Ross as a FA who is a pretty one dimensional type player? That means cutting and paying 2 guaranteed contracts, or doing a 3 for 1 deal which is very unlikely to happen. I just don't see the Pacers need or can afford Ross. JMOAA

Sports Logo

Yeah....I would much rather have Graham play behind both Rush and Ross ( if we can get him ). Graham IMHO is an end-of-the-bench player that for one reason or another cuz JO'B won't play him unless someone gets injured.

Now...if we somehow decide to move Shawne and can get a future backup PF that would fit our needs...then I would be fine with having Brandon and Graham be our primary GF backup players. But if we can't get then I would really prefer that we continue to shore up our defense at the wing positions.

That's where we differ.....I don't consider Marquis part of the Pacers future. I really think that Marquis' game fit the type of offense that Carlisle was running and not the type of offense that Nellie was running in Dallas. That's why I think we acquired him way back when.

IMHO...he's the one player on the Pacers roster that has had AS MANY off-court issue that TPTB has not mentioned as a possible trade candidate that I am pretty sure will be shopped at some point due to his value as an Expiring Contract.

By the end of the season....I'm hoping that we simply let Marquis expire.....but I'm guessing that he will be moved for our future backup PF.

As for why I want Ross on the team?

I concede that there may not really be a need for him since we do have Brandon...who was supposed to fill that role. But since we have enough scorers on this team....IMHO....we can never have enough defensive minded players to compliment them in the lineup. At best.....Ross would be a roleplayer on this team. To me...this means that at worst....I can see a player like Ross play next to Brandon in the GF rotation...and at best, play ahead of Brandon in the lineup when Ross is the better choice at defending the opposing SG.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post

That's where we differ.....I don't consider Marquis part of the Pacers future. I really think that Marquis' game fit the type of offense that Carlisle was running and not the type of offense that Nellie was running in Dallas. That's why I think we acquired him way back when.

I don't see Quis having a future with this team. I just stated the obvious of why get and pay Ross, who is a 1 dimensional player, when Quis is being paid 6.8 mil to be a non-rotational just like Ross would be. Again, acquiring Ross puts the roster at 17. What 2 players are going to get cut, and the Simons eat their salary in order to get Ross? You then might as well add the larger of the 2 salaries cut to Ross' salary b/c that's what he will have cost the Pacers to acquire him.

Sorry, I don't see the Pacers needing Ross' "D" with Jack and Russ at what it's going to cost. If he's that great, why hasn't he been re-signed by his team or why hasn't another team already signed him? He's a 1 trick pony that teams can't afford is my guess as to why. JMOAA
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 07-26-2008 at 12:21 PM.