Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 92

Thread: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

  1. #51
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    I've got 5:1 odds on WetBob actually being McBob.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #52
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McRoberts is unlikely to be around long IMO...so don't get all worked up. In the meantime, be a little more careful. Some of these statements are bordering on defamation.

    Libel: A false publication, as in a writing, that damages a person's reputation.

    Edit: BTW, the assertion that his ex teammates hated him is the problem...
    Asserting that his teammates hated him is not even close to being libel. Mainly because it has be false.

    And if this is libel, so are a lot of other things said on here.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, I'm basing it on the fact that besides him being unfriendly to just about everyone he met, everytime I saw him in the same gym with his teammates, he'd be warming up on the other hoop by himself for a good portion of the time before the clock started the official countdown to tipoff.
    What games were you watching? Open gym? That isn't even allowed according to the IHSAA, NCAA, or NBA rule books.

  4. #54
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    So, who was the filler in the McRoberts trade again? Maybe there might be a hidden gem there.

  5. #55
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Before home games at least, McBob and the rest of Carmel would warm up in the gym before they came out for official warmups. Thats where I saw McBob uncork most of his ridiculous athleticism, pulling off many ridiculous dunks, including hooking his elbow over the rim.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Asserting that his teammates hated him is not even close to being libel. Mainly because it has be false.

    And if this is libel, so are a lot of other things said on here.
    While he was at Duke his main criticism was that he passed too much and didn't look to score enough.

    Sounds like a teammate anyone would hate.

    Haha, and I can assure you I am not McRoberts. My name is a tribute to Bob Sanders from my Colts home board.

  7. #57
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, who was the filler in the McRoberts trade again? Maybe there might be a hidden gem there.
    I hear we got this Brandon RUsh kid, but he's not supposed to be as good as Jerryd Bayless so who cares.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  8. #58
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by WetBob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While he was at Duke his main criticism was that he passed too much and didn't look to score enough.

    Sounds like a teammate anyone would hate.

    Haha, and I can assure you I am not McRoberts. My name is a tribute to Bob Sanders from my Colts home board.
    Whatever you say.

    I honestly have no idea how he treated his teammates other than working out on the opposite rim by himself which I saw several times. I base my opinion of Josh off the way he treated everyone else.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Before home games at least, McBob and the rest of Carmel would warm up in the gym before they came out for official warmups. Thats where I saw McBob uncork most of his ridiculous athleticism, pulling off many ridiculous dunks, including hooking his elbow over the rim.
    Correct you are. We came out at 5 before the JV games to warm up, the varsity would be on one end, and JV on the other. I know you ever saw him by himself, because I was there.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Lafayette, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    437

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whatever you say.

    I honestly have no idea how he treated his teammates other than working out on the opposite rim by himself which I saw several times. I base my opinion of Josh off the way he treated everyone else.
    I'm not going to turn this into a pissing match, I've just seen a lot of people say stuff as fact that isn't even close to the realm of truth.

  11. #61
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I here we got this Brandon RUsh kid, but he's not supposed to be as good as Jerryd Bayless so who cares.
    I thought we already had that guy.

    Plus...isn't Jerryd Bayless that really irritating guy from Cold Pizza?

    I'm confused.

  12. #62

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    This personal vendetta crap vs McRoberts is tiresome. Guy is a Pacer now and perhaps should be given a chance.

  13. #63
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Some folks are turning this into a borderline-wierd local clique kind of thing. It has no place on this basketball message board. Go to the Indy Star forums with this nonsense.

    Let's talk basketball.

  14. #64
    Get well PG! DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,034

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    I hope McBob can slam the basketball into the opposing team's goal.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  15. #65
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfDmm5uLokk

    On TJ Ford, the 4 minute mark when he is talking to Bosh, that is what I'm looking for, not the dunks or great handles.... the leadership, that speaks volumes.
    Last edited by Speed; 07-17-2008 at 07:31 AM.

  16. #66
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,822

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    I don't see it online, but the Star had a little blurb this morning about TJ Ford wearing #5. It was his high school number and he plans to keep it. He planned on wearing it wherever he was traded.

    Everybody can feel comfortable converting their Mercer jerseys now......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  17. #67
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,762

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Does anyone else have a problem with McBob getting Dale's old number? I guess I never really thought of Dale as a "rafters" player, so I know his number isn't untouchable, but I'd still like to think of DD when I think #32.

  18. #68
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone else have a problem with McBob getting Dale's old number? I guess I never really thought of Dale as a "rafters" player, so I know his number isn't untouchable, but I'd still like to think of DD when I think #32.
    If I can live with people thinking JT when they see #11 instead of my man Billy, I can live with that.

    Peck, on the other hand...
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  19. #69
    It Might Be a Soft J JayRedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    12,158

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone else have a problem with McBob getting Dale's old number? I guess I never really thought of Dale as a "rafters" player, so I know his number isn't untouchable, but I'd still like to think of DD when I think #32.
    I really wouldn't worry about it.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

    Follow my twitter:

    @8pts9secs


  20. #70
    Hall of Famers FrenchConnection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,663
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    I have something to add to the McRoberts debate.

    1) I think that given that his name is not McRobert, that the nickname should have to be McBobs.

    2) If we held arrogant behavior against our professional athletes, we would hate them all. In fact, if he plays with a chip on his shoulder, all the better.

  21. #71

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Go to the Indy Star forums with this nonsense.
    Do they even have one?

  22. #72
    Dream Big
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    2,669

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    I just hope there's a chance that Nesterovic will be moved again.

  23. #73

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    On whether McRoberts makes it as a Pacer, he has a 1 yr $400,000 contract, so I'm not really expecting him to be a Pacer come the start of the season. As far as I'm concerned, he was nothing more than salary filler for this trade. BUT if he does make the team, I'll cheer just as hard for him as I would any other Pacer player, even though it really grates on me his refusal to play in the IN/KY Allstar game. It would be a classic storybook tale of a local boy making it, if he could become a nice rotational player for the Pacers. I just don't foresee that happening, but I would enjoy seeing it come true. Who knows maybe some of that ole #32 will rub off on him. Here's to hoping it does.

  24. #74

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by tora tora View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just hope there's a chance that Nesterovic will be moved again.
    What is your reasoning behind that?

  25. #75
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,751

    Default Re: Ford, Jack, McRoberts, press conference post #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What is your reasoning behind that?
    Yeah, I'm a very excited about the Rasho era.

Similar Threads

  1. Press Conference?
    By CompACE in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM
  2. Official 2008 NBA Draft recruiting center...
    By Major Cold in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2039
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 03:15 PM
  4. Bird Press Conference
    By Whtwudusay in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 06:13 AM
  5. 3:30 Press Conference, What Going Down?
    By Targaflorio in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 12:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •