Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: The Official I can't ****ing wait for The Dark Knight Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Official I can't ****ing wait for The Dark Knight Thread

I would love to see the Riddler in the third installment. Nolan is such a talented director that I am sure that he could do something very different with the character. To top it off I have read that David Tennant has said he would like to play the part. I think that if the riddler were the next villain that Tennant would be a great choice.

If it wasn't the Riddler for whatever reason I would like to see Bane, or Clayface. Bane if done properly would be a great villain; somebody who could test Batman's physical and intellectual attributes. As for Clayface, I think that he would be cool if just because he has never been put into a Batman movie (that I know of). Killer Croc would also be cool.
    Last edited by DrBadd01; 08-18-2008 at 02:00 PM.

Hicks,
    Aren't you thinking a little inside the box on the Riddler? IOW- painting him with the brush that the 60's tv series did along with a dabbling of Jim Carey's version?

Surely, the Riddler could be darkened up (no Robert Downey jokes please) and still stay true to his character. And he could always work in context with another villain to make things more complicated and more evil.

Plus, the riddles don't have to be easy.

All that said, I still stand by my earliest comments in this thread where I said if I was Nolan I'd stop right now.

...but alas... money talks...

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plus, the riddles don't have to be easy.
    The fan poster put one of the Zodiac killer's letters in the top right corner. To this day, many of his letters remain unsolved.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Indy,

Batman Begins and TDK don't have the same formula as one another. I really don't know what you're talking about there. They feel like very different movies, even though they're both high-quality and in the same "universe."

That aside, after I made my last post, I went to a board that's more nerd-centric and there was a discussion on potential villains/stories for Batman 3 going on there. By the way, the best title suggestion I've heard yet for it is simply "The Batman".

Anyway, someone made a great case, and it had the Riddler as the big bad, though I was skeptical of it being a good fit.

Basically, his idea was that since TDK is about the Joker and his chaos, and how Batman is fighting to maintain order, they could flip it on its ear for part 3 by having a villain obsessed with order to the point that he wants to essentially turn Gotham into a police state. Presumably, as the transformation is happening, most of Gotham would probably welcome it because of all the craziness that the Joker brought upon them. They'll turn to a new "White Knight" to save them within the legal system, within "the rules."

Enter a new villain. He suggests the Riddler could fit because of his intelligence and his huge ego (which I'd forgotten is part of why he leaves clues and does elaborate robberies-- to show off how smart he is.) Riddler or otherwise, I'm intrigued by this because it's a 180 of the last movie theme-wise, and it would allow Batman to continue to be the bad guy in the eyes of Gotham because he will obviously get wise about what this new baddie is up too and try to stop him, which in the eyes of Joe and Jane Gotham is Batman trying to kill the next White Knight (like he did to their first one).

The villain becomes popular through trying to appear to be Harvey Dent Part II, but perhaps more ambitious (Mayor?). While of course behind the scenes he's simply taking advantage of the people of Gotham to sooth his ego and desire for power.

Come to think of it, this reminds me more of a toned-down (Batman Returns was the extreme) version of the Penguin moreso than the Riddler. Make him not-ugly, make him a billionaire who can personally invest in aggressive methods of taking down the Batman.

I think it's a pretty good premise.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yes, the plot line you just described would work with a streamlined, billionaire Penguin. Hopefully, he could avoid the look of Returns Penguin and cartoon Penguin because I don't think either of them work well in this universe.

Begins and TDK are both similar in the sense that they are dark, and all of the characters are more dark and more real to me. That's what I was getting at by saying they need to stick with a formula, and I believe the Riddler's thirst for power and super sized ego fit in very well there. Again though, they used some of this with the Joker already.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

But didn't Nolan say he wouldn't use Penguin because he was hard to pull off realistically. After Reading about Hush I think he would be cool to. . . .

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Which is why the Penguin would have to be known as the Penguin in this world because of his great tuxedos!

Yes, I've mentioned it several times in this thread that Nolan has said before that he doesn't find the Penguin realistic in this Batman universe.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I've never fully understood why Nolan singled him out when Begins managed to make Ra's "resurrection pit" Al Ghul work.

Hey, I'm under the arrow drewdawg's Avatar

So have you seen the latest catwoman rumor?

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...oman/800045669

Remember: There was a time when Batman fans thought Heath Ledger would be a terrible Joker.

They were wrong, and people aghast at the latest Bat-rumor should remember how well that bit of surprise casting turned out.

So hold on to your cowls, Bat-fans: Director Christopher Nolan reportedly wants Cher to play Catwoman in the next Batman film.

Nolan wants the 62-year-old Oscar-winner to portray the whip-wielding cat burglar as "a vamp in her twilight years," the British Telegraph newspaper quoted an anonymous studio executive as saying.

"The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations," the exec added.

The Dark Knight, released last month, is already the second-highest grossing film of all time.

Ledger, who was found dead in his Manhattan apartment after an accidental drug overdose, is widely considered a likely Oscar nominee for his jittery, savage portrayal of the Joker.

streets ahead

christopher nolan hasn't even signed on to do a third film yet. so i wouldn't put a whole lotta faith in this.
    This is the darkest timeline.

Yeah, that sounds like crap. Really anything said before next summer or even beyond is likely nonsense.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

more rumors that Mr. Depp will be the Riddler in part 3...from Mr. Depp himself!

That ’s a stone cold fact. You heard it here first. Why are we so sure that Johnny Depp will play The Riddler in Batman 3? Because Johnny Depp recently briefly mumbled something desperately ambiguous about it possibly being quite fun to maybe play The Riddler during a local radio interview with his band. He's got a band??
    http://digg.com/movies/Batman_3_John...he_The_Riddler

streets ahead

he's just responding to the rumor not fueling it

Batman 3: Johnny Depp Definitely The Riddler, But Probably Not

September 2nd, 2008 at 13:00 by Stuart Heritage

The Batman 3 casting rumours have so far been numerous and vague, but at least one thing’s for certain - Johnny Depp will definitely play The Riddler.

That’s a stone cold fact. You heard it here first. Why are we so sure that Johnny Depp will play The Riddler in Batman 3? Because Johnny Depp recently briefly mumbled something desperately ambiguous about it possibly being quite fun to maybe play The Riddler during a local radio interview with his band.

See? That’s means Johnny Depp is definitely going to be The Riddler in Batman 3, which is why we’ve already started to manufacture a set of Johnny Depp Batman 3 Riddler action figures. OK, admittedly we just got a load of unsold Pirates Of The Caribbean action figures and Tippexed question marks onto their backs but - face it - that’s probably what he’ll be like in the film anyway.

We know this is a bit premature, but we’re absolutely confident that Batman 3 is going to be the best film ever made. Seriously, ever.

Look at how The Dark Knight ended, with Batman living in fear as a supposed criminal vigilante. Batman 3 is going to have the same feeling of doomy paranoia and creeping dread, but it’ll also have Cher titting around in a rubber doily too. There’s something for everyone there, provided that you’re a manic depressive comicbook fan or a stereotypical homosexual.

But what if you want more from The Dark Knight’s sequel than a fed-up Batman and a terrifyingly expressionless pensionable Catwoman who keeps getting her old lady minge out? What if, for instance, you want to see The Riddler in Batman 3?

Well, frankly, if that’s the case you’re an idiot. The Riddler is rubbish. He’s basically The Joker but with a green hat and a thing for Sudoku. He’s Henry Kelly from Going For Gold with a bee in his bonnet. He’s rubbish. Don’t argue, we’re right. He’s rubbish.

But none of that fierce logic is washing with Christopher Nolan. It’s long been rumoured that he’d like to cast Johnny Depp as The Riddler in Batman 3. So far Johnny Depp has kept quiet over the reports, but during a local radio interview recently, he decided to share his thoughts on the matter:
    Host: Hey Johnny, a listener called in earlier said you have to ask about the rumors on the internet of you doing the Riddler.
    Depp: Oh yeah, I heard about that. Not that I know of.
    Host: You’d be a good choice.
    Depp: It seems like it’d be a fun gig for a while, yeah.
    “It seems like it’d be a fun gig for a while, yeah.” If that’s not official confirmation of the casting, we don’t know what is. But you know what this means?

It’s obvious. Cher as Catwoman and Sweeney Todd’s Johnny Depp as The Riddler? Batman 3 is going to be a musical!

That’s excellent news, and we’d like to take this opportunity to offer Christopher Nolan our specially-composed pieces I’m Just A Lonely Millionaire With A Creepy Bat Fixation, Butla Rapp and Don’t Kiss Me Catwoman (You Have A Moustache Like My Gran). Don’t be stealing our ideas, Nolan.

http://www.hecklerspray.com/batman-3.../200815927.php

Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Just fantastic.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

CHRISTIAN BALE gives everyone in the AUDIENCE a MILLION DOLLARS and everyone rubs their movie tickets on themselves to CURE CANCER, because this is OHMIGOD THE BEST MOVIE EVER EVER EVER!
    Awesome.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    Friggin' hilarious. I especially like this part:
    AARON ECKHART

Wow, that’s some sophisticated characterization there. As soon as I get out of these surprisingly strong bandages, I’m going to kill you!

HEATH LEDGER

Look, you don’t want to kill me for murdering her. You want to kill everyone else for failing to stop me from murdering her!

AARON ECKHART

That doesn’t make any sense at all.

HEATH LEDGER

And yet, it’s going to be your main character motivation for the rest of the movie.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

streets ahead

amazing

Ugh - just saw an ad about Oprah, Tina Turner and Cher doing - something. And if they throw Cher in the catsuit then they either need to do some serious liposuction or figure on a lot of digital editing to get rid of all the folds & creases.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

For all the two-face talk:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38179