Thread: Laker Hating

Default Laker Hating

I was thinking about this a while ago, and the more I thought about it, the more I think that when I say "I hate the Lakers", they think I do, always have, always will.

For clarification, that's not the case.

I have absolutely no beef with the Lakers since 1999 and before. The truth is I hate Phil Jackson-led teams. I hated the Bulls too when he was there. On top of that, they whine while getting the most calls of anyone because of their superstars, and to top it all, they're lucky as hell. Makes me sick

It's the smug arrogance, the sense of entitlement he, his team, and their fans have about EVERYTHING, that also pisses me off, and has led to hatred after each cost my team something. Bulls in '98, Lakers in 2000.

So I really hate Phil Jackson teams.

I probably won't hate the Lakers much at all once this group breaks up.

If Phil then starts another one of his teams elsewhere, odds are I'll hate it too sooner or later.

But at the end of the day, I'd like to make it clear it's not the franchise I hate, it's the team that's represented it for the past 5 years.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Laker Hating

I was thinking about this a while ago, and the more I thought about it, the more I think that when I say "I hate the Lakers", they think I do, always have, always will.

For clarification, that's not the case.

I have absolutely no beef with the Lakers since 1999 and before. The truth is I hate Phil Jackson-led teams. I hated the Bulls too when he was there. On top of that, they whine while getting the most calls of anyone because of their superstars, and to top it all, they're lucky as hell. Makes me sick

It's the smug arrogance, the sense of entitlement he, his team, and their fans have about EVERYTHING, that also pisses me off, and has led to hatred after each cost my team something. Bulls in '98, Lakers in 2000.

So I really hate Phil Jackson teams.

I probably won't hate the Lakers much at all once this group breaks up.

If Phil then starts another one of his teams elsewhere, odds are I'll hate it too sooner or later.

But at the end of the day, I'd like to make it clear it's not the franchise I hate, it's the team that's represented it for the past 5 years.
    Ditto. I enjoyed watching the Showtime Lakers.

I hated PJ's Bulls, and I hate PJ's Lakers even more. It's the smugness, arrogance, and sense of entitlement he brings with him -- it's all staged (along with his Zen BS) to cover his fraudulent "coaching ability."

I like and liked Michael Jordan.

Have to agree Hicks. I couldn't stand the Bulls, now I wish they'd get turned around, mostly cause of Skiles.

My brother has loved the Lakers since the day they drafted Magic, and he's stuck with them ever since. I'm glad he's been able to enjoy the last 5 years, cause I sure haven't. If, for example, Byron was their coach, I wouldn't mind them much, even though I'd still probably hate Shaq and Kobe.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I can't stand the Lakers, most of them.

They are lazy.

They play below there limits greatly.

They show no hunger.

They show no intensity.

They show no passion for basketball.

They show no heart.

They show nothing.

I'd like to hang a poster of them in my room with a knife through them all.

BTW: Ovbiously I really wouldn't want them dead in real life.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

sweabs

I respect Michael Jordan for what he did for the sport of basketball and the NBA. And I take it as a privilege to have been able to see the best basketball player ever to play. The man continued to amaze people.

But don't get respect and like mixed up. I respect MJ - but don't like him...

[size=9:90952d4d52]1998 = [/size].

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

I respect Michael Jordan for what he did for the sport of basketball and the NBA. And I take it as a privilege to have been able to see the best basketball player ever to play. The man continued to amaze people.

[size=9:ffda6307a6]1998 = [/size].
    I was too young to see Oscar and Wilt, so I don't have enough information to form an opinion of 'the best ever'.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

sweabs

[size=9:2f154396d5]1998 = [/size].
    I was too young to see Oscar and Wilt, so I don't have enough information to form an opinion of 'the best ever'.
    Okay - so maybe I am not qualified to deem him as "the best ever" - but from what I have actually seen/heard/read of Chamberlain and Robertson I feel comfortable proclaiming Jordan as the best.

[size=9:45601b6cdd]1998 = [/size].
    I agree. I hated those Bulls teams, but I respected the way they played. They almost always played hard, and they seemed to get the most out of the talent they had. They didn't take days off. That 72-10 record was an amazing example of a team focusing on a goal without letting up for an entire season. I hated them because of the way the *****ed about the 2 percent of the calls they didn't get, and because their refusal to credit their opponents when they did lose.

This Laker team, on the other hand I don't even respect. This team thinks they can coast through most of the regular season then turn it on for the playoffs. Hell, they don't even play hard every game in the playoffs. They think they are so talented that they can just turn it on whenever they feel like it, and now it is biting them in the ***.

I hate this Laker team more than any other team I have ever seen, and I am going to enjoy watching them lose tonight.

More than like, I loved the Lakers pre 1992ish.... at the time i didnt like one particular team, but loved watching magic play, granted i was only about 10 at the time.

After that Reggie Miller came into my life. Its funny for the first 4 or 5 seasons, I barely knew who he was. I guess playing in Indiana will do that to you. But since then its been pacers and only pacers for me.

but back on the subject, I hate the lakers now becuase they are cocky. Confident and cocky are two different things. Reggie Mike and Magic were confident. These lakers are nothing but cocky. And whats worse, their fans are as cocky as they are. Before the series with detroit, my laker fan friend and i were talking, of course him saying how the lakers were going to win for sure, and me telling him not to take detroit lightly.

after all my arguing, he says even if the lakers are down 3-0 to detroit, i would still think that the lakers would win, because the team could just turn on a switch and become invincible, saying that they would not even try until they needed to. the thing is i think the lakers themselves believe this too. even in a FINALS series down 2-1, they lay down an egg, im sure FULLY believing that they will just sweep out the series and take it.

its that kind of cockiness that makes me hate LA enough to root for the PISTONS. i hate the pistons. but not as much as i hate the lakers.

Hicks, rumor has it that if Phil leaves the Lakers next season, the Pacers are going to dump Rick and trade JO for a draft pick to make room for him here.

Hicks, rumor has it that if Phil leaves the Lakers next season, the Pacers are going to dump Rick and trade JO for a draft pick to make room for him here.
    If it happened on a Tuesday, I would make sure it's forever known as "Bloody Tuesday".

[size=9:5d8632e92e]1998 = [/size].
    I think that could be what I mean. Good analysis. I hadn't thought of it that way before, but I think that might be what I am thinking.