Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ Ford was on 1070

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default TJ Ford was on 1070

Basically a completely uninformative interview, but here it is anyways:

http://media.1070thefan.com/podcasts/080703_ford.mp3
    Last edited by CompACE; 07-03-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: TJ Ford was on 1070

What are we supposed to talk about if it's uninformitive?

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I haven't listened to the interview, but I know that Eddie White is such a poor interviewer that I'm not suprised that this interview is "completely uninformative."

Look, Bob Kravitz isn't that bad on that show, IMO. I just can't take that Eddie White guy, he is such a f**king tool. His FM radio voice schtick has all just totally worn me out on listening to any part of them. It sucks because it seems like they may get the better of the interviews and guest, but I can't tolerate Eddie White long enough to listen to whomever they are interviewing.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Banned

Bland interview, but T.J. sounds like an intelligent, personable guy.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I haven't listened to the interview, but I know that Eddie White is such a poor interviewer that I'm not suprised that this interview is "completely uninformative."

Look, Bob Kravitz isn't that bad on that show, IMO. I just can't take that Eddie White guy, he is such a f**king tool. His FM radio voice schtick has all just totally worn me out on listening to any part of them. It sucks because it seems like they may get the better of the interviews and guest, but I can't tolerate Eddie White long enough to listen to whomever they are interviewing.
    Epecially when he thinks he's a rapper.

Banned

When's the last time the NBA had a 6-footer that could get up like T.J. can?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown View Post

Hurry up July 9th!

OMG, nice hip-hop to that video.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

short interview. a bit bland, yeah. tj says all the right things. when asked how he feels about being the presumptive starter, he just said that he feels his role is to just come in, make plays, make other guys better.

on how he feels about being brought in to set the standard for good behavior, he just said that the dynamics of a team are complicated and that he'll just try to fit in and help in any way.

also he expects to be working out in houston for most of the summer. he doesn't expect to be in indy until september, other than for the media session presumably.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    also he expects to be working out in houston for most of the summer. he doesn't expect to be in indy until september, other than for the media session presumably.
    Hey, guys came out of the woodwork to criticize Jermaine and Tinsley for not spending summers in Indy... is nobody going to complain about this?

I'm not, but then I'm not in the majority on this board.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Hey, guys came out of the woodwork to criticize Jermaine and Tinsley for not spending summers in Indy... is nobody going to complain about this?

I'm not, but then I'm not in the majority on this board.

Well, most of my house is drywalled.

I really couldn't give two good ****s where these guys spend their summers, as long as they show up on time and in shape, and preferrably, with no wants or warrants.

EDIT: I forget...were you pro- or con- on the Toronto trade?

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    EDIT: I forget...were you pro- or con- on the Toronto trade?
    I was meh. I found it humorous that both teams claimed they did it for cap reasons. I personally thought we'd be better off waiting it out, but I'm not sad to move on to the post-Jermaine era. I wasn't thrilled about getting a #17 pick, although Hibby makes me hopeful. TJ Ford is nice, but I'm scared of acquiring guys with injury problems. I worry that he'll step inside Conseco and immediately have his back shatter into a million pieces. While I don't see it as the insanely good deal that some others do, I'd say that overall I view the trade as a good thing.

EDIT: That said, I liked Jermaine and think some of the piling on from this board is disgraceful.
    Last edited by Anthem; 07-03-2008 at 10:51 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I was meh. I found it humorous that both teams claimed they did it for cap reasons. I personally thought we'd be better off waiting it out, but I'm not sad to move on to the post-Jermaine era. I wasn't thrilled about getting a #17 pick, although Hibby makes me hopeful. TJ Ford is nice, but I'm scared of acquiring guys with injury problems. I worry that he'll step inside Conseco and immediately have his back shatter into a million pieces. While I don't see it as the insanely good deal that some others do, I'd say that overall I view the trade as a good thing.

EDIT: That said, I liked Jermaine and think some of the piling on from this board is disgraceful.
    Not just on this board, the piling on always happens, and it's always disgraceful. After Danny signs his extension this summer, people will start sharpening their knives to work on him. My brother used to say that the players and the coaches spend all of their time trying to create a team, while the fans and the media spend all of their time trying to tear it apart.

It will be interesting to see who will become the whipping boy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    Not just on this board, the piling on always happens, and it's always disgraceful. After Danny signs his extension this summer, people will start sharpening their knives to work on him. My brother used to say that the players and the coaches spend all of their time trying to create a team, while the fans and the media spend all of their time trying to tear it apart.

It will be interesting to see who will become the whipping boy this year.
    If Dunleavy falters a little, then him. If Troy falters a little, then him. If Shawne falters...oh, you get the point.

nate robinson? spudd webb?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bland interview, but T.J. sounds like an intelligent, personable guy.
    What'd he get banned for?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Thanks for posting that, I've seen it before, but it had been a while. After studying the video intently what stood out to me was that TJ is...well...quick in fact he is too, too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick, too too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick too, too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick, too too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick too, too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick, too too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick too, too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick, too too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick too, too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick, too too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick too, too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick, too too too too too quick, quick quick quick quick quick quick

Here is a new mix, a Toronto Tribute Mix to TJ that some of ya'll may not have seen:

Tribut Mix

Edit: Here's another new one I hadn't seen:

2007-08 TJ Highlights

TJ Game Time Productions

TJ First Game Back from Injury
    Last edited by joeshmoe; 07-04-2008 at 08:33 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    What'd he get banned for?
    Kofi FTW

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I'm with you. Whatever happened to someone like JO just being mildly disappointing. I hate the black and white painting of players that goes on. I mean I'm really down on Tinsley now but it took years and year of really obnoxious stuff to get me that way.

JO took a lot of beef that wasn't deserved. The trade is a wash, like most good trades are. Bayless-Rush/Jack is too. The only reason I'd want Ford in Indy more is because they have so many new guys and you'd like to see them get familiar with each other, even if they can't have formal practices with JOB around.

I love Indy, so if I was a player taken by another team I might still want to hang in Indy at times to workout. I get that. And these guys want to hang with some known quantities as well, places and people that are part of a comfortable workout situation. As long as you make good on it, as long as that situation does get you in shape and ready to go then there should be no problems.

Then again seeing Foster working out randomly in the summer at Conseco is cool too.

By the way Count, I've both praised Danny (next Pippen, still see that in him) and gotten on him (very mistake prone, terrible +/-) at the same time. I'm certain I'll be criticizing him this year, and praising him too. So when you see the negatives from me at least, know that I want DG to be in Indy for the long haul regardless.

There is criticism and then there's piling on and scapegoating. I'm fine with criticism as long as the praise gets equal or more play. The problem is that things start to be all negative with some players.

I'm excited for the TJ Ford era.

[yt]Oud8xucJT5o[/yt]

[yt]CV6Y0OcMJ7o[/yt]

[yt]ph35BzTRJ9o[/yt]
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Well, to be fair, Chris Paul is God.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    By the way Count, I've both praised Danny (next Pippen, still see that in him) and gotten on him (very mistake prone, terrible +/-) at the same time. I'm certain I'll be criticizing him this year, and praising him too. So when you see the negatives from me at least, know that I want DG to be in Indy for the long haul regardless.

There is criticism and then there's piling on and scapegoating. I'm fine with criticism as long as the praise gets equal or more play. The problem is that things start to be all negative with some players.
    I had to re-read what I wrote, so...

Danny will earn both praise and criticism. It's appropriate. Hell, I'm pretty sure I criticized Reggie periodically throughout his career. The point I was trying to make is similar to what you're making. Some people identify with the team through individuals, either positively or negatively. This creates fanboys and detractors.

With Jamaal and JO out of the way, I was merely speculating that Danny would become the object of this class of posters' obsession. He will either do no wrong or do no right in some people eyes. What's worse is that this behavior is somewhat contagious. Normally reasonable fans take exception to either a ridiculously positive or ridiculous negative post on Danny, then get drawn into the argument. By natural reaction, they start heading towards the opposite pole, in a combination of hoping to balance discussion and just pure self defense. Eventually, the original detractor (or fanboy) has created his opposite, a new fanboy (or detractor).

The sad part is these new vampires aren't primarily concerned with Danny (or JO or Jamaal or SJax or Artest or Bird or Carlisle). Nope. There purpose is to oppose their sire. The players become almost collateral damage to the shooting war. Eventually, Danny is just the battlefield.

So, I don't presume to say that Danny shouldn't be criticized. I like him a lot, but he's got flaws that should be acknowledged. I was simply pointing out that Danny is most likely the next target for the piling on (as well as abject sycophancy) now that the roster is changing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    [yt]Oud8xucJT5o[/yt]

[yt]CV6Y0OcMJ7o[/yt]

[yt]ph35BzTRJ9o[/yt]
    The question asked for the last 6-footer that could get up like T.J. can, not a list of 6-footers who can dunk. There was some mildly impressive stuff in your videos, but none can match the things Ford showed in the earlier clip. Chris Paul is a great player, but dunking on an 8' rim doesn't really impress us knowledgeable basketball fan. Those of us who understand the game beyond Sportscenter highlights. Of course JayRedd has developed "Michael Jordan Syndrome" with Chris Paul. Basically, the answer to any question which begins with "Who's the best ______ in the NBA" is always Chris Paul.

Example....

"Who's the best shot blocker in the NBA?" JayRedd, "Chris Paul"

"Who's the best Super Mario Brothers player in the NBA?" JayRedd - "Chris Paul"

"Who's the best white center in the NBA?" - JayRedd - "Chris Paul"

You get the picture.

By the way, here's a couple of neat facts....

T.J. Ford is the only freshman in NCAA history to lead the nation in assists. He followed that up by winning National Player of the Year honors and leading Texas to the NCAA Final Four as a sophomore. And despite playing on two mediocre franchises im Milwaukee and Toronto, Ford has never missed the playoffs in his career. Basically, T.J. Ford is what Chris Paul would be if Chris Paul weren't a career loser (2 of 3 NBA seasons have ended in the lottery, never lead a talented Wake Forest team past the Sweet 16).

Do we have TJ's draft measurements? After watching these videos, I'm dying to know his vertical. He has to be near 40, because his head's close to the rim on one of those.

Btw, I've loved TJ Ford since college. I think he's extremely tough, despite the neck problems. I actually think it shows how fearless he is to come back and play twice after incidents (not including college). I'd be thinking twice about it if paralysis/death was very possible.

He'll instantly become the quickest Pacer of all time. And barring injury, I expect him to have a career year.
    Last edited by imawhat; 07-05-2008 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    Do we have TJ's draft measurements?
    I know DraftExpress.com has it. I looked briefly but could not find it.