Thread: The Brandon Rush Highlight Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default The Brandon Rush Highlight Thread

If you've never seen him play, you'll be surprised by how good he is.

I'm not sure why people say he can't create his own shot?

Great D!
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Brandon Rush Highlight Thread

Dang... he's a good passer - something we need if JOB plans on going up tempo.

i agree^^^^^.. and i like ure Manny Pacquiao picture
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by andreialta View Post
    i agree^^^^^.. and i like ure Manny Pacquiao picture
    pacquiao is a beast. my favorite boxer right now

back to rush: can't wait to see him playing with granger. i think he'll be starting sooner than later

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Rush does EVERYTHING. None of it is at all-star level, but he's pretty well rounded as a player.

Not a great dribbler, but pretty good scoring off the dribble (see the KY highlights early on for example). Solid hops for a SG too. Nice 3 ball, great help defense/ball deflections, solid passer, smart defender.

Look at the 3 minute mark of the KY reel (2nd clip). He throws a hard fake pass to get space for the pass to the cutter, pulls his defender to the left as well. Makes the defender pay by dribbling right and further expanding space to the cutter. Makes a brilliant pass to him in traffic for the score. This is your SHOOTING guard doing this.

His pass fake is a super hard two-handed style which is why they bite it so hard. His pass is from the waist off his dribble which catches them before they see it coming. So he's not just smart, he puts quality skills to use with those smarts. He's just a good athlete, not a freak, but like Kevin Love he plays a damn smart game.

Clip 3 - he not only trails the steal aggressively enough to have a shot at it, but he times it well and shows the hops. But then he sticks with the play from the weakside and makes a JO-like help defense block well above the rim. As I said in another thread, when did Reggie Miller ever do that? This kid is 100% not the next Reggie, he'll never shoot like that and probably won't be Mr. Big Time. But he's bringing a lot of good game to Indy.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 06-30-2008 at 11:16 PM.

I think Brandon is going to be much better than people are projecting. I had a mancrush on both Rush and Love, and overall I'm glad we got one of them.

The thing that blows me away is that he admits to having little coaching before college. I CANNOT believe his progression in such a short time. He has smarts that most players in the NBA who have been coached since grade school don't have.

I know we had the Daniels=McKey thread, but I think we should start a Rush=McKey thread. Their games aren't extremely similar, but Rush seems to always make the right play at the right time, just like Derrick.

I always got the impression that Kansas looked to him when they needed a play, which shows signs of leadership. So he may not be a go-to guy in the true sense, but he will be making the play.

Mood

What I don't understand is why the critique on him is he won't get much better. He shoots very well, he plays at least "good" defense, he can pass well, he's reasonably atheletic, he rebounds well, has a high bball IQ, and a good attitude. How the hell could he NOT be a very good player in the future? It sounds to me like the same deal as Danny Granger vs. Gerald Green. In the end, people saying Green was better were inadvertently saying he might some day be what Danny already was in the skill department. But since he was Mr. Athelete he got a lot of people riding his jock.

If you aren't very skilled and have a low ceiling, that's one thing. But knocking a guy (Hibbert comes into play a bit, too) who already possesses a multitude of skills for not having a long way to climb is just silly to me. THEY ALREADY BRING A LOT TO THE TABLE. OF COURSE they're not as likely to skyrocket in ability. They already HAVE a lot of ability!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He reminds me of Paul Pierce - Not saying he'll ever be that good, but he has the same qualities.
    Last edited by CompACE; 07-01-2008 at 12:34 AM.

Ok, so the first highlight reel didn't do anything for me at all until the last few seconds... mostly it was showing that he's able to finish in transition. That's good, but I get the point after a couple times. His passing, though, really impressed me. The lobs were great... we haven't had somebody that could really do that on this team. I look forward to seeing he and Granger on the floor together.

The second montage was much better, although it lost direction halfway through. But at least it showed skills other than open 3s and transition dunks.

Since Reggie has retired, I've been saying that my top wish for this team was a real shooting guard, not a 3 or a 1. Looks like I finally got my wish. I forget who said it, but I see the Allen Houston thing. He's far more Houston than Reggie.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I like rush, but taking the starting spot away from Mike Dunleavy with this team will be hard. Job, LB, and the Pacers staff got rid of JO therefore stabilizing our CORE now. The SG and SF tandem of Mike and Danny. Brandon will be good off the bench, i think better than Marquis at SG. Really liked Rush last year but cuz of injuries he had to sit out, i think it's meant to be!!

Watching March Madness when Brandon was playing, at the same time the Pacers were playing, made me wonder if only we had Brandon instead of Kareem..

but now we got both.. i think Kareem might not be signed. but we'll see with the deals to come. or atleast to finalize
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Can't wait to see Ford pushing the ball on a fastbreak with Rush and Granger on the wings!
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Banned

If he impresses enough as a rookie, I expect he'll be our starting SG in 09-10, with Dunleavy either off the bench or moved elsewhere. Between he, Granger, Jack's size, and Ford's quickness, we now officially have perimeter defense again.

He reminds me of Paul Pierce - Not saying he'll ever be that good, but he has the same qualities.
    I agree very similar qualities.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    I made that same comparison the day after the draft. They come from a similar system are are around the same size and have a lot of the same style.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mrknowname View Post
    pacquiao is a beast. my favorite boxer right now

back to rush: can't wait to see him playing with granger. i think he'll be starting sooner than later
    i posted something about Pacquiao here some 4 years back. i always felt he was something special, but i never thought he'd be this good. the best fighter P4P.

i hope the same thing happens with BRush.